• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

(New South Wales) Anyone else following the drug-fuelled Sam Burgess scandal?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Was The Australian right to publish the story and call out the NRL and The Rabbitohs?

I've only skimmed the story, and I understand why it's a headline, but it's only an affair, right? I feel like the AVO his wife has against him is much more indicting lmao

I've only skimmed the story, and I understand why it's a headline, but it's only an affair, right? I feel like the AVO his wife has against him is much more indicting lmao

It seems like the senior club management (and Russel Crowe, the part-owner) knew that (a) he was mad for drugs (b) he was mad for pussy and (c) beat his wife but they covered it up and promoted him within the club. The club doctor is under suspicion for hiding the fact he was prescribing Burgess liquid valium when he was totally fucked up on coke.

It seems, if true, that as has often happened in Rugby League they were intent on making a hero out of someone who is a pretty ugly thug.

Yeah I've read about it.

Obviously violence against a spouse is shit and the guy might be a full of himself wanker...however:

The timing is predictable of the leaks being close to financial splits in a divorce.

Drugs and idiocy are rampantly in sports, his family and friends may have partied with him hence wouldn't hand him over to the union, the wife seems like an annoying nagging control freak who anyone would want to go out and get away from and its more a private matter than public.

Russell Crowe is a family friend and I'd hazard a guess that he would be protecting him or trying to not get involved by the wife.

If it affects the game then fair enough but in this case, he got fed to the media because someone was out for revenge or money.

Happens a lot, shit happens so hopefully going to court will sort it out.