• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Anyone know how to control meth use?

Oleander

Bluelighter
I basically snort meth daily, usually a half g sometimes more. Other than the reason is that I can’t afford to buy it everyday, I need to take tolerance breaks and sleep every once in a while. So does anyone have any ideas with controlling it? Thanks again

Welcome to meth and heroin. Drugs that most people will never be able to moderate in use lol. I don't bear any judgement seriously because I have my own problems for sure--but meth is not a soft drug. It's perpetually infamous for users constantly redosing it until they're 5 days in without sleep.

I think it would help a lot to find a crash alleviator--I'm going to be really carefu not to state benzos because bluelighters love xanax and that's addicting lol. But maybe weed or gabapentin for the crash? Something light like ativan? Eventually you'll just have to alleviate the crash a bit and accept your demise. Stimulants are brutally honest as you reap what you sow. There are no games involved like benzos/opiates where you only really feel the crash all at once towards the end and it's the worst thing to ever occur. Stimulant crash is a kindness. If you have an amazing friend/relationship who you trust they can hold onto the rest for you and make sure you don't redose (would probably have to live with you).

If you continue on with this path in time the stims will be a horrible negative and paranoia experience with little dopamine rush. And then the depression will wreck you when you try to take a tolerance break. You've got time to figure out answers but it's good to not trust yourself because I never could teehee.

*Look into a time-based lock safe type of thing?

Here’s the truth. You won’t control it. If you’re blessed, it will chew you up quickly. Those around you that care about you will confront you. You recover, and hopefully you got so spun so quick that memories, if any reinforce sobriety. Patience and effort you’ll end well. However....

You may draw the bad hand. First use of and you literally felt the puzzle piece that’s been missing snap into place. All you knew you could be. Deadly? How can something that allows you to finally walk unfettered be bad? And you’ll justify. Adjust everything in life to accommodate. And life gets great. She changes so subtly, from a tool to a lover. One day you realize impossible without her. Disaster will come, you’ll quit. You may even recover people/ things you lost. Never again.
Its the memories though. Mankind not designed to feel that good. And you can’t unremember.

Have spent a lot of time in the rooms, never understood the phrase the “ gift of desperation”. Sooner than later always best. Because there comes a time when there’s not enough time left.

I wonder if this is possible -- could one take a tolerance break by doing a really tiny bit of methamphetamine over a long period of time each day? Or would that not work somehow? I wouldn't dare use adderall daily. I know it's prescribed often to be a daily routine but stimulants everyday are too emotionally taxing or something. Can't really explain it but it has to do with the natural dopamine of the brain being temporarily depleted somehow (?). Stims are different from coke I'd say. The euphoria goes away so fast and after the third day in a row I notice paranoia and anxiety kicking in :/

Here are some unrelated things that can really help someone get out of too much of a substance on a regular basis because the quarantine life pretty much has made everyone live like that briefly at one point or another. Doing some deep personal research on why you use substances is inevitable. You're going to have to face your trauma/demons eventually or else you'll just be stuck doing meth perpetually and that's not fun lol. Most substance abusers have some form of PTSD or at least something that triggers them to depend on substances more than an average person would I'd say,. No one can run from that and denial works for a while but then again you're just stuck in boring addiction. Also always working on a long term goal helps balance out your life. And hang out with people or at least talk to them more regularly because lonely addicts are basically the worst at controlling their use.

I'm not sure where meth use ends for a lot of people? If it ever does. The depression from dependency like severe cases for even stims like adderall lasts a long time and rivals heroin withdrawal misery. It's ahedonia and joyless... "Stimulants don't have a withdrawal." Okay have a good time! ;) But you have plenty of time to work out something. Set some good emergency goals just in case things don't work out and you're at a super low point and stuck without an exit. Like with opiates I guess you can say "I'll get on suboxone or methadone if I am suddenly not a real person anymore and nodding out every second of the day." You never know how addiction will play out and it's scary to believe. I suppose on an HR forum we should say "don't give the drugs power" and have power over the drugs. Sometimes it literally feels like you have 0% control. Really :(

I had a very problematic relationship with meth where I desperately wanted to quit it but was physically and psychologically incapable of doing so for about six months. Each week I would commit to abstinence but would inevitably relapse within a few days. This was even though my tolerance level was so high I often barely felt anything pleasurable in taking it.

The best I managed to do was to use benzos and anti-psychotics to turn myself off and give myself a break for 2-3 days each week. This kept my total usage lower than it otherwise would have been, although I subsequently learned there are some dangers mixing anti-psychotics and meth and I possibly still feeling the negative effects of that even though I have not taken either for over a month.

Personally, I feel that moderate occasional use is beyond me and I either need to be prepared for a several month bender or have none at all.

When quitting finally came it was not as painful as I expected it to be, after a couple of really sleepy days I got into a regime of exercise and work that kept me feeling positive and productive. I did use low doses of dexamfetamine, clonidine, and a novel anti-depressant to support my abstinence which has so far been successful bar one small smoke after about 2 weeks.

I managed 11mos. cold turkey off a 14 mo everyday run avg half gram/ day. Lost my dad to suicide, divorce, business, home that I’d built, everything down to my dog lol. And all during those 11 months. In hindsight, I was completely unstable for 6 months, When the dust all settled, I realized everything worth anything was gone. Back again. Catch 22 the rooms say you’ll only quit( and that means never use again) for yourself. Hard to convince an addict they’re worth it. Yet by our behavior we seem like the most self centered sob there is.

I had a very problematic relationship with meth where I desperately wanted to quit it but was physically and psychologically incapable of doing so for about six months. Each week I would commit to abstinence but would inevitably relapse within a few days. This was even though my tolerance level was so high I often barely felt anything pleasurable in taking it.

The best I managed to do was to use benzos and anti-psychotics to turn myself off and give myself a break for 2-3 days each week. This kept my total usage lower than it otherwise would have been, although I subsequently learned there are some dangers mixing anti-psychotics and meth and I possibly still feeling the negative effects of that even though I have not taken either for over a month.

Personally, I feel that moderate occasional use is beyond me and I either need to be prepared for a several month bender or have none at all.

When quitting finally came it was not as painful as I expected it to be, after a couple of really sleepy days I got into a regime of exercise and work that kept me feeling positive and productive. I did use low doses of dexamfetamine, clonidine, and a novel anti-depressant to support my abstinence which has so far been successful bar one small smoke after about 2 weeks.

I think that it's important to state but I'm actually more personally interested.. is it just the depression that makes it unbearable? What is heavy stim withdrawal like?

Also caring about your appearance and health is at least somewhat a form of HR lol. Your elegant dream ice girl princess "Meth Beth" ain't after no smeagle looking type commoner tweaker. There's a certain I do meth look 24/7. You can usually notice quite quickly and for drugs to show up that exposed appearance-wise people start to ask questions. I do hate that about stims but it tells you when to just do something else---literally anything for some time.

The depression is for me, simply the sad realization that its not possible to keep going at that beautiful frantic pace. physically, tired for a bit. Dehydrated usually,; after long run it takes a while to convince your body that every morsel of food it receives wont be its last .Couple weeks you'll feel better. Stay busy, interact, do all the positive things suggested. Then the missing starts. The remembering. It's like learning your not just Clark Kent, your'e Superman. But earth is a no fly zone.
And you only notice the tweakers. I've met 70 yr old farmers overalls and chewing tobacco. Grandkids, tractors. been using ( as a tool) 50 yrs. What you spot is the sheeple. Thats why the stigma. That word usually is sooo broad.

The best I can control it is

a) found a couple good sources to buy in semi bulk cheap. I typically buy 1/2oz at a time. This is more cost effective in price per G and I’m not having to run around every day.

b) try not to use so much. Half gram is tops for me and I’m often much less. I’m maintaining a habit, can’t maintain that if I’m going for sky high all the time. Ideally, the much less would be every day and going down so I could just stop...

c) antipsychotics. They’ve been helping me lately with some paychoses quite a bit. I have a stash, all prescribed.

d) have a life outside meth. I think you do the impression I get. I play a lot of guitar, wrote in notebooks, post on bl, work, talk to people on phone, listen to music, whatever. Anything to get your mind off the drug itself is better used time during the high. I love mixing music I got 3 songs out today.

That’s about it. I still feel hopelessly addicted sometimes, but am maintaining hope as much as I can.

Even though I've always been a heroin guy, I've had a brief run-in with meth addiction. Few years back in Malaysia (if you know people you can score legit stuff there) I thought to myself "Hey hey hey! I kicked HEROIN three years ago! This'll be a walk in the park!" (I was obv. wrong as always). I had tried meth many times before but because of my previous heroin habit I never got into it much. Its addiction wasn't as bad as dope sickness, but here's what happened.

I started by shooting a point, which I read somewhere here back when I was lurking was a good dose for a beginner. Shit had me twakking the fuck out for 24 hrs min. Then I would take quetiapine or mirtazapine, wash it down with 2 tall beers and some pringles. Crash for a day. No using for five days, then repeat. That lasted about a month. By second month it became twice a week and by the third it became daily and to the point that i actually never "slept", but only passed out.

My tolerance got so high I literally had to shoot a 0.3 to feel NORMAL. Needed more to get high. Had some homelessness for five weeks and um... yeah the story ends here (the part I wanna tell :p).

You are very brave to be doing hard drugs in Malaysia!

Although it is quite amazing the quality of drugs you find in death-for-drugs countries. I guess if you are risking your life for it you don’t want to bother with anything less than the best.

Correct and correct. Malaysia it's death for 125+ grams of anything, including marijuana. I'm from Saudi Arabia though, so I'm used to a strict society. HOWEVER (quick myth-bust): Saudi Arabia does NOT execute for drugs (unless you get caught smuggling like, 200 kilos). In Saudi using nets you a week to a year(repetition counts); dealing 3 to 5 yrs.

Correct and correct. Malaysia it's death for 125+ grams of anything, including marijuana. I'm from Saudi Arabia though, so I'm used to a strict society. HOWEVER (quick myth-bust): Saudi Arabia does NOT execute for drugs (unless you get caught smuggling like, 200 kilos). In Saudi using nets you a week to a year(repetition counts); dealing 3 to 5 yrs.

That’s interesting about Saudi. Does that mean there is a good drug scene there?

I remember getting high in Malaysia about 15 years ago. There were MDMA pills everywhere. And cheap as.

That’s interesting about Saudi. Does that mean there is a good drug scene there?

I remember getting high in Malaysia about 15 years ago. There were MDMA pills everywhere. And cheap as.

Saudi drug scene:

1. Mostly hash. There is almost no marijuana, but hashish is EVERYWHERE (and cheap).
2. Alcohol, being illegal, is also considered an illegal drug so you gotta be willing and able to pay 300$ for a bottle of Johnny Black.
3. Next on the list is speed, but not the kinds you think of. They have little white pills they call "Captagon". It's Fenethylline and it seems to be very concentrated; I do not know the dosage cause they are homemade but 2 of those will tweak you a day.
4. Xanax very popular. Little expensive.
5. Last, but not least, heroin and morphine (in white and yellow, respectively). Uncommon and usually limited to a specific neighborhood (ex. Meat Market, South Riyadh). Good quality; fair prices. Saudis addicts sell "ten papers" on the street; gotta call a Pakistani if you wanna buy solid grams. Payment is made by giving the Pakistani phone card codes, which after he's verified, he will direct you to somewhere where the drugs are hidden. You never meet the Paki, but they usually honest and don't rob you. You deliver, they deliver.

Malaysia:
They have everything. These days in Malaysia pretty much EVERY SINGLE Chinese run karaoke is a drug den (esp. East Malaysia). MDMA, coke, meth, ketamine, weed, hell I even found K2/Spice (nasty stuff). Most opiates are only common in West Malaysia, rare in East.

Interesting, ive never heard of an IV Saudi meth user, let alone a Saudi expat injecting Malaysian methamphetamine.

Yes, yes... I started my addictions in Ohio too and Now I'm the Philippines. I AM EVERYWHERE AT ONCE!

Seriously though, every country has its fair share. Every single one. Been a year off the shit... having a rough time actually and I fear what the rehabs call "relapse"... so I'm trying to get active here to remind myself of negative consequences. I find this harm reduction forum more helpful than the 12-step program.

The best I can control it is

a) found a couple good sources to buy in semi bulk cheap. I typically buy 1/2oz at a time. This is more cost effective in price per G and I’m not having to run around every day.

b) try not to use so much. Half gram is tops for me and I’m often much less. I’m maintaining a habit, can’t maintain that if I’m going for sky high all the time. Ideally, the much less would be every day and going down so I could just stop...

c) antipsychotics. They’ve been helping me lately with some paychoses quite a bit. I have a stash, all prescribed.

d) have a life outside meth. I think you do the impression I get. I play a lot of guitar, wrote in notebooks, post on bl, work, talk to people on phone, listen to music, whatever. Anything to get your mind off the drug itself is better used time during the high. I love mixing music I got 3 songs out today.

That’s about it. I still feel hopelessly addicted sometimes, but am maintaining hope as much as I can.
Thanks guys these were the replies I was looking for. Some days are good with it and some not so good. I’m getting much better with sleep and trying to eat more but there’s always this nagging voice saying I need to do some Ice and I need to get more. I’m sure everyone experiences that as well. Thanks again