• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Anything for pain while on Suboxone?

Man67

Bluelighter
Since I started Subs (8mg) about two months ago my chronic tension headache was gone. I don't know what happened, but today I have to cancel everything because of the horrible headache. Maybe is unrelated to my previous problem but I have to ask, is there any pain releiver for the emergency situation like this. It takes months to tapper Subs down and even if I have some painkillers, they wouldn't work. Is there a solution or is it a "catch - 22"?

Are paracetamol or NSAIDs of no use in this situation? Diclofenac is one of the more powerful and might help a bit. If you need something heavier I'd suggest ketamine.

Since I started Subs (8mg) about two months ago my chronic tension headache was gone. I don't know what happened, but today I have to cancel everything because of the horrible headache. Maybe is unrelated to my previous problem but I have to ask, is there any pain releiver for the emergency situation like this. It takes months to tapper Subs down and even if I have some painkillers, they wouldn't work. Is there a solution or is it a "catch - 22"?
I have chronic headaches and was on sub for a while, there's really nothing you can do other than take 2 Tylenol and 4 Advil and deal with it. I know it's sucks but that's the hand life dealt us.

Magnetic storms this days.a lot more f pl with headaches.i take metamizole

I have chronic headaches and was on sub for a while, there's really nothing you can do other than take 2 Tylenol and 4 Advil and deal with it. I know it's sucks but that's the hand life dealt us.
I was just wondering, how come that I didn't have any major headache since I started Subs. Yesterday was an exception and this morning I feel fine again.

I take something (forgot the name) with 500mg paracetamol and 200mg ibuprofen in it. I won't be worried if the headache appears from time to time. That's normal. I just hope that my chronic tension headache won't be back.

Tension headaches is hard.Know what yo talkin bout.hopefully we got davright pill for this.

Yeah as others have said, paracetamol (acetaminophen) and ibuprofen is actually a really effective combination for headaches (and other pain), because they potentiate each other. I take the combo often.
Beside oxy I was also addicted to codeine. Every pill had a 30mg Codeine and 500mg Paracetamol. I was taking about 8-10 tablets every day, for more than 10 years. Is it possible to develop tolerance to paracetamol? 🤔

Beside oxy I was also addicted to codeine. Every pill had a 30mg Codeine and 500mg Paracetamol. I was taking about 8-10 tablets every day, for more than 10 years. Is it possible to develop tolerance to paracetamol? 🤔
Yes you do develop a tolerance to paracetamol but that tolerance goes down if you stop taking the tablets as frequently.

Plain old aspirin works surprisingly well for headaches too! But you can't take it if you have any stomach issues (same with ibuprofen actually).

As we are harm reduction forum I have the need to once again warn about impact of the paracetamol/acetaminophen on the liver. 3000-4000mg is the highest dose advised in the 24 hour period due to liver toxicity this substance can induce. I know many people took higher doses for longer period and were fine but I would always err on the side of caution. Especially if you are a smaller person (less kilograms/pounds one has substance tend to exert stronger effects), are drinking alcohol or taking other medication that are hard on the liver. If you have known problems with the liver consult your doctor before taking any.

NSAIDs are more dangerous for the cardiovascular system but paracetamol/acetaminophen is known to induce hepatotoxicity just around or above dose mentioned in the post I quoted. I know that this is known fact for most of the people here (we have many threads about CWE 🤣) but for the lurkers or people that are not familiar with this fact - do not push dose upwards of 3-4000mg in 24 hours period. Paracetamol/acetaminophen is one of the medications that seems benign but it is a drug that many people OD on, intentionally or unintentionally.

500mg of paracetamol/acetaminophen + 200mg of ibuprofen + 50mg of caffeine (if one is caffeine naive) every 4-6 hours is very effective combination for headache. Just don't take caffeine in the evening, use common sense and this combination will serve you good. There are products combined and dosed almost exactly as I wrote with the add on of small dose of codeine (~10mg per pill). But it works great without codeine also as mentioned substances have synergistic effects.

TL/TR - Just a quick reminder to be careful when dosing paracetamol/acetaminophen and try not to go above 3-4000mg in 24h period cause hepatotoxicity that paracetamol/acetaminophen can induce.

Take care you all 🙂

As we are harm reduction forum I have the need to once again warn about impact of the paracetamol/acetaminophen on the liver. 3000-4000mg is the highest dose advised in the 24 hour period due to liver toxicity this substance can induce. I know many people took higher doses for longer period and were fine but I would always err on the side of caution. Especially if you are a smaller person (less kilograms/pounds one has substance tend to exert stronger effects), are drinking alcohol or taking other medication that are hard on the liver. If you have known problems with the liver consult your doctor before taking any.

NSAIDs are more dangerous for the cardiovascular system but paracetamol/acetaminophen is known to induce hepatotoxicity just around or above dose mentioned in the post I quoted. I know that this is known fact for most of the people here (we have many threads about CWE 🤣) but for the lurkers or people that are not familiar with this fact - do not push dose upwards of 3-4000mg in 24 hours period. Paracetamol/acetaminophen is one of the medications that seems benign but it is a drug that many people OD on, intentionally or unintentionally.

500mg of paracetamol/acetaminophen + 200mg of ibuprofen + 50mg of caffeine (if one is caffeine naive) every 4-6 hours is very effective combination for headache. Just don't take caffeine in the evening, use common sense and this combination will serve you good. There are products combined and dosed almost exactly as I wrote with the add on of small dose of codeine (~10mg per pill). But it works great without codeine also as mentioned substances have synergistic effects.

TL/TR - Just a quick reminder to be careful when dosing paracetamol/acetaminophen and try not to go above 3-4000mg in 24h period cause hepatotoxicity that paracetamol/acetaminophen can induce.

Take care you all 🙂
Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation. I knew about the paracetamol and danger to the liver, so I had a blood test every year. Apparently (by some miracle) everything is fine. As Suboxone drastically reduced my headache, I take maybe 2-4 pills(parac. +ibuprofen) per week. All the best. ✌️

Have you tried Fioricet?