• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Are any of the 2c-x series metabolized by the CYP3A4 enzyme? And would there be a danger mixing with Latuda?

Ballz_Trippington

Bluelighter
So I have a friend that loves psychedelics buy she takes Latuda (prescription).
Trymptamines seem to work just fine for her but LSD does not which is a head scratcher for me as Latuda is a significant 5h2a inhibitor.
Latuda also uses the CYP3A4 enzyme and I'm not sure if it's safe to mix with any of the 2c-x series???
Any information would be greatly appreciated 🙏

So I have a friend that loves psychedelics buy she takes Latuda (prescription).
Trymptamines seem to work just fine for her but LSD does not which is a head scratcher for me as Latuda is a significant 5h2a inhibitor.
Latuda also uses the CYP3A4 enzyme and I'm not sure if it's safe to mix with any of the 2c-x series???
Any information would be greatly appreciated 🙏
I'm not 100% sure on the metabolism stuff, but generally speaking the 2c-x's are fairly safe physically speaking as long as dosages are kept in a reasonable range.

Don't take my word as gospel, but if latuda functions anything like the other atypical antipsychotics, the only thing to worry about is just reduced effects from the psychedelic. And latuda has a bit of a medium range half life for AP's, 18-40 hours, so it definitely builds up in your system after a while and could render psychedelics pretty useless.

Using my own personal experience, it's still possible to trip on a shorter acting AP like Seroquel, say if you take Seroquel at night and then take a psychedelic the next day. Even then, I still believe the effects are reduced.

It seems the primary metabolic routes from this paper are oxidative de-amination and O-demerhylation. These occur via MAO and some cyps respectively.

Based on reports of drug-drug interactions monoamine oxidase seems to be more significant to its metabolism.

In general the non sulfur 2C-X compounds are not mechanistic inhibitors of liver enzymes. Should not be dangerous.

Good chance that the trip will be diminished either partially or completely in intensity. Latuda has a reported ki of 2 nM at 5ht2a and 400 nM at 5ht2c. However 2C-X compounds have higher affinity at 2C than 2A. This either could be interpreted to mean that it will block them a lot more effectively as the 2CX compounds lack punch at 2A or that it will not block them as heavily as other antipsychotics if the psychadelic mechanism of the 2C-X compounds is driven by 5ht2C agonism (this is a hypothesis that I've read; not quite sure how much weight to give it.

Nobody has ever tested these 2 compounds at the same time. Neuroleptics can cause odd effects. I don't know if it's true, but when Oswald and co distributed huge amounts of DOM to people who were not aware, MANY had an awful time and their were stories that neuroleptics made it worse.

Nobody can tell you it's safe although S containing homologues like 2-CT-2 & 2-CT-7 are toxic in their own right and nobody really knows why. I mean, those people who ordered 2CB-Fly and got Bromo-Dragonfly by mistake. It doesn't suggest vendors are too expert.

We don't want to lose you.

Thank you very much fir your care and concern but I have no interest in the 2ct series.
Only the more explored ones 2c-c,d,e,I and p.
And I was only asking for a good friend....I do take seroquel but I'd skip it for a day or 2 if I wanted to partake in these.
Thank you very much once again for your knowledge and concern 🙏