• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Are opiate tolerance and kratom tolerance linked?

It’s crazy to me though because I know my old friends mom was on a methadone program back when I was in high school and she’d been on it for YEARS and she’d get all fucked up and nodding off of it. Granted she was shooting it but I’ve heard shooting methadone doesn’t do shit really but destroy your veins from that thick ass syrup.
I’ve been on Methadone for three years straight now and have been on it in the past, and I feel my dose every single day!! I get 120mgs a day of 10mg/ml liquid and I have a lot of pain due to having steel rods in my upper and lower left leg and the Methadone really helps with the pain that could be a lot of the reason I feel my dose every day! Idk but my wife gets 105mgs and she says she don’t feel hers every day but she don’t have the pain I have so maybe it does have something to do with it idk. There are several factors to it I’d say.

Damn that’s crazy, I’ve also never felt any type of high what so ever from my methadone dose even when I’ve taken 3 of my doses at once.
Wow!! Something bad wrong there!! lol sounds like your dispenser was ripping u off somehow or some shit! Everybody’s different but damn! Lol To me and most people I know that have ever tried Methadone love it and would rather have it than just about any other pain meds except maybe morphine and maybe, MAYBE oxycodone, but oh well that’s just hilarious to me idk! 😂😂🤷‍♂️

No I haven’t but I’ll give it a try tomorrow lol. And the only reason I was able to triple my doses is because I had Covid and the first three days I slept pretty much nonstop and didn’t even take any of my doses so I figured fuck it. I’m gunna be switching to suboxone soon but it’s got me nervous the way they want to do it I feel like it’s gonna send me into precipitated WDs
I tried that on my own once a few years ago. Cut back on my methadone dose then didnt take it for 3 days. I expected to go into some predipitated WDs but HOLY SHIT it was the worst day of my life hands down. Never been that sick before. Then i didnt have enough subs to stop it then got worried all Id do is prolong the negative effects. I drove to the clinic next morning still throwing up lol.

Not to scare you tho I garauntee if the clinic is helping you through this you will have no problems! I learned that shit is to complicated to fuck with on your own. Best of luck to you!

You can technically feel kratom on methadone, but you definitely won't feel any of its opioid effects. You can feel its other effect, which aren't good. You're left with a dirty yohimbine like stimulantion and dysphoria, does not feel good.
Sure doesn’t!! Worst feeling on earth damn near it!! It’s like you drank fifteen cups of coffee on the worst psych drug you’ve ever thought of!!

Sure doesn’t!! Worst feeling on earth damn near it!! It’s like you drank fifteen cups of coffee on the worst psych drug you’ve ever thought of!!
Weird because I for sure felt opioid effects from Kratom while on morphine. Was a low dose though which will not have caused blockade like methadone does but given that kratom's a partial agonist / antagonist one would expect precipitated withdrawal.

Also I don't get the yohimbine/caffeine effects, just some sort of ceiling effect after which nothing really happens when dosing more. I do get the antidopaminergic psych drug stuff, not too strong but it's there.

Weird because I for sure felt opioid effects from Kratom while on morphine. Was a low dose though which will not have caused blockade like methadone does but given that kratom's a partial agonist / antagonist one would expect precipitated withdrawal.

Also I don't get the yohimbine/caffeine effects, just some sort of ceiling effect after which nothing really happens when dosing more. I do get the antidopaminergic psych drug stuff, not too strong but it's there.
HUGE difference between morphine and methadone!! HUGE!! So I don’t even know why you said that! That’s weird! Lol Especially 120 mgs!

So I’m on like 34mg of methadone which I don’t take daily.. I may miss 1 or 2 days a week, but I also use fentanyl via insufflation daily And the past day I haven’t used either dose due to my habit of making myself in Shitty situations so I took a fat spoonful of kratom and actually felt some relief …. Like I made a sandwich and actuallly felt a lot of my w/d symptoms dissipate. First time I’ve ever had any relief from kratom and I’ve tried It before(red vein) all 3 times and this last time I was extremely surprised I even felt a tiny bit speedy but not like spun at all, very subtle. But wow I may try this again misee with the mango juice because water was not the move.