• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Aripiprazole Is Making Me Smell Like Semen

amnesiaseizure

Bluelighter
So yeah, strange as it may seem, Abilify is making me smell like semen. Every time I take a piss it smells like cum, and quite strongly too. Not my regular semen smell, much more pronounced. This is probably making you chuckle and it definitely does me, I can laugh at myself and quite happily so 😉.

But day to day, it’s also there in the background so I guess in my body odour too. Weird.

Anyone else noticed a real change in their smell through taking Abilify?…

So yeah, strange as it may seem, Abilify is making me smell like semen. Every time I take a piss it smells like cum, and quite strongly too. Not my regular semen smell, much more pronounced. This is probably making you chuckle and it definitely does me, I can laugh at myself and quite happily so 😉.

But day to day, it’s also there in the background so I guess in my body odour too. Weird.

Is it super strong, or just something that you notice? Get in a full elevator and see how people act once the doors are closed :)

Definitely good material! And no, I haven’t tried out the elevator test, maybe I’ll give it a try although I may then have to hold a questionnaire session after each person leaves to their floor 🤣

And no, I haven’t tried going without it but it’s the only new addition to my meds recently (or diet) so can’t see it being anything else. I have, purportedly, bipolar type 2 so am also on sodium valproate. Don’t wanna fuck with my meds as I’m just coming out of a hypo manic episode and don’t want the crash that usually comes after. I’ve got a family and I’m a psych nurse with a fair amount of responsibility.

Definitely good material! And no, I haven’t tried out the elevator test, maybe I’ll give it a try although I may then have to hold a questionnaire session after each person leaves to their floor 🤣
If you do go ahead and try the elevator test, please do remember to burp as soon as you walk in.

If it happens without the abilify, it could be a UTI or infection/STD or something.

Do you get around a lot? lol Or it could just be abilify, tho I didn't have this issue on it.

I've been on Abilify a long time and have never experienced this. Have you brought it to the attention of your prescriber?

I used to have a college buddy who never showered before going out. He claimed his natural pheromones helped him attract the ladies. Do you ever get the inexplicable urge to pee on a fire hydrant? Like to mark your territory?

I'm on Aripiprazole, and while I don't think the smell is semen-like but I noticed an extra pronounced body smells which require me to shower more often.

I've noticed this with a number of medications I've taken in the past.