• Current Events, Politics & Science
    Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • Current Events & Politics Moderators: CFC | Nurse Ratched | Cheshire_Kat

Global Events Armenia Under Attack Again/Still

Fertile

Bluelighter
I most certainly was aware of the genocide but have to admit that it's one of the few things I do know.

While I make no assurances to balance, the CIA factbooks do at least give people a place to start:

I think the history of The Caucuses is something overlooked in history education, so nobody really understands what is happening.

Last edited:

AbbeyLee

Bluelighter
I most certainly was aware of the genocide but have to admit that it's one of the few things I do know.

While I make no assurances to balance, the CIA factbooks do at least give people a place to start:

I think the history of The Caucuses is something overlooked in history education, so nobody really understands what is happening.

It really is and it's sad because Armenia has the oldest Christian culture in the world. It's stunning.

AbbeyLee

Bluelighter

Oh those links are good, thanks. I knew absolutely nothing til I started talking to this guy.. I was helping him with his English (which was obviously not his first language but now his writing is better than a lot of native English speakers).

After following this conflict for a few years I've become quite passionate about the Armenian cause because it really is SO unfair.

Fertile

Bluelighter
Read about Ingushetia. They were/are in a similar position. Genocide, deportation on masse, Ossetian paramilitary group 'The Forest'(I think that is the translation) supposedly backed by Russia.

Again, I do not say I have the story right, it seems very complex. Tiny nations based on ethnic groupings and/or religion with very bad security issues.

Right up until now Ingush people are called 'black arses' by some Russians and their seems to be convenient criminal charges thrown at anyone who records what is going on.

Maybe your friends would know much, much more than I.

AbbeyLee

Bluelighter
Read about Ingushetia. They were/are in a similar position. Genocide, deportation on masse, Ossetian paramilitary group 'The Forest'(I think that is the translation) supposedly backed by Russia.

Again, I do not say I have the story right, it seems very complex. Tiny nations based on ethnic groupings and/or religion with very bad security issues.

Right up until now Ingush people are called 'black arses' by some Russians and their seems to be convenient criminal charges thrown at anyone who records what is going on.

Maybe your friends would know much, much more than I.

Oh it's in the North Caucasus, separated only by Georgia from Armenia. The Georgians aren't too bad I don't think. But Russia.. I don't know enough. I'll try to remember to ask my friend about Ingushetia.