Writing-up [AUS] Penington Institute - Drug use during lockdown and social isolation (COVID-19)

Sizzlepack

Greenlighter
Hi Bluelighters. My name's Mateo Sewillo. I'm the Communications Manager at Penington Institute, an Australian harm reduction not-for-profit.

We've designed a survey measuring changes in drug use and drug availability in Australia. Although we haven't specifically sought ethics approval for this survey, we are a long-time leader in harm reduction advocacy in Australia and have lots of experience in designing surveys which respect the confidentiality of respondents.

The link to the survey is here:
We've had a great response so far but we're looking for more responses from people all over Australia to make sure the findings are as comprehensive as possible.

If you're 18 or older, live in Australia, and use drugs (anywhere from casually to daily), then you are eligible to fill it out.

The questions ask about your usual drug use and how it has changed as a result of Covid-19 lockdown, including whether your access to drugs has been affected.

We will write up the results and use them to inform further policy responses to this unprecedented situation.

The survey shouldn't take any more than about 8 minutes to do, and we'll have it open until early next week. It is completely confidential and we do not ask for any information that can be used to identify you.

To anyone who decides to complete the survey – you have our sincere thanks!

If you have any questions, please either write to me at [email protected] or via Bluelight DM, or contact the study's author, Dr Stephen McNally at [email protected].

Cheers,
Mateo

Last edited by a moderator: