• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

#auspol

I think learning German is one of those ways you can lose your mind
gendering words is a bitch, and to be honest we have no fucking idea how we do it,
there's no "this is always der, this is always die, this is always das", it's utterly random
everything with -zeug at the end is das, if that helps :ROFLMAO:

I did German until Year 9 (15yo) so I know a little. Seems I can go between languages on the app haha. I got a perfect score on #2 as well.

Now, you obviously know English, but not even actors can perfect the Aussie accent! Learn this:

HAHAHAHAAAHAHA

That bit at the end "coming to you from my walk-in-wardrobe" as he puffs on a ciggie.. That's me.

I did German until Year 9 (15yo) so I know a little. Seems I can go between languages on the app haha. I got a perfect score on #2 as well.

Now, you obviously know English, but not even actors can perfect the Aussie accent! Learn this:

I can do the Austrian accent, but not the Australian.
My British accent is spot on, I have fooled Brits before

American accents are also not as easy, but I think that's because most of them are too generic
a southern drawl is easier to fake towards a non-southerner

I can do the Austrian accent, but not the Australian.
My British accent is spot on, I have fooled Brits before

American accents are also not as easy, but I think that's because most of them are too generic
a southern drawl is easier to fake towards a non-southerner

Some Australians think I have a British accent because I say the first letter of words and pronounce "bye" like "bi" not "boi" (except when I'm doing Kath & Kim with mum).

The first time I spoke on the phone to my future husband he went silent for 30 seconds because he thought I sounded like The Queen. That's because he's from Elizabeth in Adelaide, where a lot of Europeans settled (his family were Dutch). But of course the majority were British and the place is known as 'Lizbeff by locals.

There is someone in the ALP who a little bird told me may take over (she really doesn't know but has connections with top execs in the trade union movement). Who the hell it is idk. I keep forgetting the name! Albo isn't that popular with anyone is he?
I spent a lot of my teens and 20's living in his electorate with a small overlap after he was elected as federal member. I'm struggling to see how the ALP chose him It's not like Albo is a "star" political performer, his political career up until the past couple of years has been unremarkable (apart from rumoured visits to local therapeutic massage establishments that made me giggle :LOL:), more a very savvy and cunning one (which are pretty good traits for a leader if he can translate them to anything other than backroom politics) that has preferred to operate out of the public eye. I guess his years as being a numbers man/kingmaker gave him the edge over the other potential candidates who did not bother to nominate against him.

I spent a lot of my teens and 20's living in his electorate with a small overlap after he was elected as federal member. I'm struggling to see how the ALP chose him It's not like Albo is a "star" political performer, his political career up until the past couple of years has been unremarkable (apart from rumoured visits to local therapeutic massage establishments that made me giggle :LOL:), more a very savvy and cunning one (which are pretty good traits for a leader if he can translate them to anything other than backroom politics) that has preferred to operate out of the public eye. I guess his years as being a numbers man/kingmaker gave him the edge over the other potential candidates who did not bother to nominate against him.

Is Bill Shorten still in the picture? For some reason I think he is. He isn't the guy I mentioned (whose name I have nfi).

I'm back on board. Voted ALP #1 in the House of Reps and the Senate. I haven't voted ALP in a while but I felt desperate times called for desperate measures. I was pessimistic and expected the Libs to get back in but we did it!!

It was the Independents who kicked ass eg. Josh Fredenberg's seat. Also Western Australia (WTF?) and I think even Queensland made a difference.

Albo's cabinet is almost half women ✅

His Indigenous policies are looking good ✅

He needs to step up his game environmentally and stand up to the likes of Woodside, but all in all he's a gem compared to Scotty (from backbench) 😁
Not sure that I'd call the Teals independents. I'd lump them in a category with UAP, I know, I know ideologically polar opposites, but their financial backing coming from a couple of billionaires in the form of Holes a court and Cannon-Brookes who have their snouts deep in the renewable energy funding trough is similar enough to Palmer creating and financing a political party for I don't know what, apart from trying to influence resource policy.

Is Bill Shorten still in the picture? For some reason I think he is. He isn't the guy I mentioned (whose name I have nfi).
I hope not, but I suspect he would be due to his ambition. I still think he needs to wait a couple/few years, he lost the unlosable election. I'd be surprised if the power brokers in the ALP would have the appetite for him at the moment.

I hope not, but I suspect he would be due to his ambition. I still think he needs to wait a couple/few years, he lost the unlosable election. I'd be surprised if the power brokers in the ALP would have the appetite for him at the moment.

Do you like Friendlyjordies? 😅

it's just crazy how the FPÖ is at 16% now the third-strongest political party
a right-winged party in Austria, and that after giving the world Hitler, wtf
It's a worry when any of the "nut job" parties from the left or right fringes gain over 5% of (in Australia's case) 1st preference votes.. I'd include the greens in that who are at 12% - you could say they aren't fringe any more...

Whilst this is a drug forum and we have CEPS, I'm going to allow this thread due to the area. Just stick to Australasian issues and play nice and we should be all good 🇦🇺
I was gonna say but yeah since theres no aus politics thread i guess its fine.

Also am i the only one who thinks that both libs and labor are just useless? Theyre always very similar in policy and just kiss americas ass constantly.
The good news being that less and less are voting for them. Hopefully eventually we can do away with the two party system. Its bad.

Generally he lacked leadership as evidenced by the bushfire debacle, couldn't get the states to work together during COVID-19 hysteria etc...

If we are being fair, I think most leaders in Australia fucked up big time with regards to COVID-19. It definitely bought the worst out in politicians, that fucker of a Premier Mark McGowan taking glee in Victoria and NSW covid numbers, and lockdowns - for christ sakes we are all Australians. You can thank the QLD premier and CHO for fucking over the rollout of the AZ vaccine here with Jeanette Young pronouncing at one of her live press conferences that she wouldn't recommend anyone under 40 take it, turns out it is probably as good as if not better than than the Pfizer vaccine. If you do a bit of research you will find that Jeanette Young's husband worked for Pfizer on advisory boards (shares or share options, conflict of interest anyone?), nothing to see here move on.

I have a question for you would you have signed up to the pfizer deal when they wanted an upfront payment which could have been as high as 240 million, before the drug was approved as safe to use, proven to be effective against covid with no guarantee that a dose would be delivered as well as being only 50% refundable, or would you have signed a deal for AZ vaccine which was approved, proven to be effective, licensed at cost (not for profit) and could be produced here in Australia?

I will back him for giving china the big finger though, he showed some balls there and we came through it pretty much unscathed. Why should we or any other country bend to another's will especially when they pull every trick in the book to try and fuck you economically when you dont do what they want or call a spade a spade.

Generally he lacked leadership as evidenced by the bushfire debacle, couldn't get the states to work together during COVID-19 hysteria etc...

If we are being fair, I think most leaders in Australia fucked up big time with regards to COVID-19. It definitely bought the worst out in politicians, that fucker of a Premier Mark McGowan taking glee in Victoria and NSW covid numbers, and lockdowns - for christ sakes we are all Australians. You can thank the QLD premier and CHO for fucking over the rollout of the AZ vaccine here with Jeanette Young pronouncing at one of her live press conferences that she wouldn't recommend anyone under 40 take it, turns out it is probably as good as if not better than than the Pfizer vaccine. If you do a bit of research you will find that Jeanette Young's husband worked for Pfizer on advisory boards (shares or share options, conflict of interest anyone?), nothing to see here move on.

I have a question for you would you have signed up to the pfizer deal when they wanted an upfront payment which could have been as high as 240 million, before the drug was approved as safe to use, proven to be effective against covid with no guarantee that a dose would be delivered as well as being only 50% refundable, or would you have signed a deal for AZ vaccine which was approved, proven to be effective, licensed at cost (not for profit) and could be produced here in Australia?

I will back him for giving china the big finger though, he showed some balls there and we came through it pretty much unscathed. Why should we or any other country bend to another's will especially when they pull every trick in the book to try and fuck you economically when you dont do what they want or call a spade a spade?
I just want to add that you can never prove a vaccine is 100% safe cuz allergies do exist.
I agree with pretty much everything you said though.
Scomo is a piece of shit but even the likes of him can do the right thing from time to time. A broken clock is right twice a day after all.

something that I thought as well but to take joy in the death of others just because they are in another state is sick.

I think it was worth the gamble.

240 mill is nothing compared to the cost of this pandemic and I think the investment worth it if there was a chance of it working which it did to some extent.
Yes, thank you. This is why i hate state
of origin. It encourages this kind of tribal behaviour cuz of some stupid sport competition.

Sorry about all my comment spam btw.
Ill merge it if it bothers anyone.
I just thought its easier for people to read if i didnt cram anything into one post.

Same, though i forgot everything about it after school.

I actually find german not that hard. Im bilingual and with european descent so it was never hard for me. Like the whole gender thing is not hard for me. I do get how it might be hard for some people. It really depends on what language you first learned. English can be very weird to not native speakers.
German and japanese are the two languages i wish i could learn, if i wasnt so lazy lol.