• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Misc Aussie Music Get Into It vs NZ Aww Yeah 'Spose

IIRC, "We Drink Bitter" also had a B&W video that disappeared mysteriously from the Internet several years ago...

At least the song has returned very recently, though:

IIRC, there was also a B&W video for "We Drink Bitter," which disappeared mysteriously from the Internet several years ago...

At least the song has returned very recently, though:

I've heard of them but don't know any stuff.. Unless there was one well known song.

I dated a guy for 20 years on and off who played sax for these guys. I used to get in trouble cos I liked them and went to gigs and bought the CD, while he was involved in some APRA dispute over lyrics with the band. I'm a bad girlfriend 😏

I still like them actually. They made it onto Hey Hey It's Saturday but only did one album.. Too much ego in the band I think. They should've gone further cos it was a good first album.

Are you Aussie?
Nah, just sticking my nose in.

I've heard of them but don't know any stuff.. Unless there was one well known song.
I don't think anything is especially well-known, but a mid-90s CD compilation of their early stuff (1986-1990) was distributed overseas more widely.

Their 1989 album, "A Love Affair With Nature," is a good place to start (and my personal favorite).

Last edited:
Oh that was them?? I think I did know that was a cover somewhere in the recesses of my brain.
Wasn't an Easybeat also the elder Young brother to the pair of younger Young brothers who later formed AC/DC?

Wasn't an Easybeat also the elder Young brother to the pair of younger Young brothers who later formed AC/DC?

I don't know..

Yes:

George Redburn Young (6 November 1946 – 22 October 2017) was an Australian musician, songwriter and record producer. He was a founding member of the bands the Easybeats and Flash and the Pan, and was one-half of the songwriting and production duo Vanda & Young with his long-time musical collaborator Harry Vanda.

Born in Scotland, Young moved to Australia with his family as a teenager, and became a naturalised citizen.[when?] He was a member of the 1960s Australian rock band the Easybeats, and co-wrote with bandmate Harry Vanda the international hits "Friday on My Mind" and "Love Is in the Air", the latter recorded by John Paul Young (who is unrelated). Vanda and Young were also the producers of early work by the Australian hard rockband AC/DC, formed by his younger brothers Malcolm and Angus Young. Vanda & Young were inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame in 1988 and the Easybeats were inducted in 2005.