• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Awkward Acid Moments Youve had

Hehe =D I'm lovin' this old thread revival. Hoping some people contribute to them!

This one time, well it wasn't acid, but actually the first time I took MXE. My friend brought some, my wife at the time and my friends and I all went to a mutual friend's Halloween party. They're burners so there were a lot of psychedelics and craziness going on. Some of us took MXE, and one of them was this girl who had never taken a dissociative before or very many drugs. We all ended up in her trip (you know how MXE can be like that). She was pretty close to that "take your clothes off and do inappropriate things" place, being very intense and weird. We were all different archetypal roles to her. I was this wise guide who she came to for grounding... my ex was her mother figure and she kept trying to get in her lap and cuddle, and my ex was not on drugs and didn't like psychedelics so although she handled it well it was pretty awkward. But the most awkward was that every time she saw my friend who gave her the MXE, she would come on to him HARD, like dance all sexy up on him and try to kiss him and grab his junk and stuff. And it was right in front of his girlfriend (who was also on MXE and thought it was hilarious). =D

aha once me and an experienced tripper my good friend and iboth took 3 really strong rolling stone licks and two people who are not so experienced wanted to tag along.. learnt from that though.

One of them ended up naked trying to masturbate infront of 7 people and shouting things like "japs eye, batti batti" and "we've cracked the galaxy"

:\

lmao

One of the non-trippers filmed it.. we haven't seen this guy again..

aha.

Shitttt I know this was posted 10 years ago but me and my friend tripped on lsd for the first time ever a little while ago and he did the exact same thing... He was throwing things around and chatting gibberish- he had basically lost my mind. We only took one tab each but I was tripping hard af and he blacked out so must have been strong as fuck. Eventually my dad came back from work and my friend was masturbating and getting violent so the police ended up coming round to take him home, meanwhile I was getting questioned by several different officers while tripping balls... such a weird experience. I kept telling them how much I wanted to be in the Police force. Fuck that, next time im gonna take it alone with a sober friend.

It's so odd how certain people seem to black out and start masturbating in front of people when they trip. Always with the nudity and masturbating, what's up with that?

Shitttt I know this was posted 10 years ago but me and my friend tripped on lsd for the first time ever a little while ago and he did the exact same thing... He was throwing things around and chatting gibberish- he had basically lost my mind. We only took one tab each but I was tripping hard af and he blacked out so must have been strong as fuck. Eventually my dad came back from work and my friend was masturbating and getting violent so the police ended up coming round to take him home, meanwhile I was getting questioned by several different officers while tripping balls... such a weird experience. I kept telling them how much I wanted to be in the Police force. Fuck that, next time im gonna take it alone with a sober friend.

i was just abouta reply that same comment. I took a tab and a half with my buddies when one of them got stuck in a "loop" i guess? im pretty sure thats how you get into that trance like state where you try to talk with them but they dont understand you. but we were just talking to him and he was shouting shit like "everything is greatness and i am everything." we knew we were gonna get caught cause he was freaking out in his mind. we started getting a bad trip from this vibe, and us not knowning wtf is going on and how to handle the situation, then he snaps and takes his pants off and does just that, masturbates. i dont get why that happens or anything, he could clearly see we were in the fucking room with him but in his mind we were just entitys or some shit. craziest acid trip of my life im finna write a proper report on it later, just because of how crazy the night went.

^ also if anyone knows what actually happens before or at the moment when people "snap" on acid, and become unresponsive and just start tripping out in their minds please let me know. ive wondered this for so fucking long.

Took half a 10-strip last summer at a low key Jerry Garcia birthday bash and was laughing/cackling so hard I keep making the guitarist on stage mess up because I was laughing louder than his amp. Felt very awkward but thankfully everyone was cool about it. On a darker note: in 2015 I decided to take my last four hits of ALD before an ASAP Rocky concert on my birthday. Two of the hits where a dark grey color which I thought was just from it getting folding in the mail but little did I know ALD powder is a metallic grey color so my tabs were extremely overdosed. Said tabs caused me to get into a wrestling match with a couple police officers on my way in thus getting charged with battery on an officer. Thank God I had a clean record and the main cop I was fighting with was actually cool since I was so remorseful in court and dropped it to Public intox. No more tripping in public!!

I'll contribute.

Many many years ago I was at a festival (stage was in cave if ya know ya know) and after failing to eat a raw foot long chunk of san pedro like corn on the cob I ate a bunch of LSD. I was still pretty young and impressionable and wanted to impress my older friends. Mega doses of LSD were discussed that day and I was pretty eager to take one.

Well I ended up tripping pretty damn hard. At one point I was sitting at camp with friends and they all got quiet. One friend in particular walks up to me and hands me a cheeto, everyone is looking at me. I look at the cheeto and it is glistening and wet. For whatever reason, I thought he was handing me an LSD soaked cheeto, and this was my mega dose opportunity. I took it and very louldly cackled like a maniac before gleefully eating the cheeto. All my friends looked at me like i was crazy.

"What's wrong with you didgital?"

"Well I just ate all that LSD!!"

"what are you talking about, that was just a cheeto"

"Really? But I saw the LSD"

"Yeah man, that was literally JUST a cheeto, nothing on it just a plain cheeto"

I was very embarrassed and so was everyone else for me lol. I dunno, I was super in my head and must have visualized what I wanted to see, but it was not reality at all. Probably for the better that i did not take a mega dose that year.

Great thread..

Tripping on acid, I had this lightning bolt insight that this new guy in our friends group was attracted to a girl buddy of mine, and that she was sweet for him as well, but that they weren't making moves because he thought I was attracted to her, and she was always too shy to make the moves. I was close with her, but not romantically interested, so it seemed obvious that he thought there was something going on between us. So I cornered him and told him that he should let her know how he really feels about her, and that I wasn't going to be in the way. It ended up being so awkward because I either completely misread the situation, or presented it so backwards that he thought I was trying to do some reverse-psychology territorial shit to get him to fuck off. Anyways, the guy disappeared from our circle after that... I still don't know what was really going on, but I did learn that some things are not worth saying haha.

I once was convinced I pooped myself because of how intense the trip got as there was a perceived shitty smell in the air and I thought it was me. It was during a 200 mcg peak at a psy-trance outdoor rave. Had to shuffle away from my friends and sit on the ground in the dark awkwardly trying to reach for my buttcrack to check. Turns out, it was just regular sweaty ass and smell was probably from fireworks going off at that time. Honestly I got a bit overwhelmed there. Tried to find my friends in the huge crowd (and my bag, with the emergency weed!) and of course couldn't. Then I got completely awestruck looking at the fireworks and some random woman smiled at me and I got startled, literally jumped to the side and rolled on the ground away from there. And I was just walking around like a lunatic, just laying down on the cold ground to catch a rest and reassemble my consiousness. Lost my phone like that (later found it under a tree). Eventually I walked away, found a campfire with people around and just laid there like a dog until more or less stable. Then my friend found me and turns out he brought my bag too. That trip was honestly a disaster, but the fun kind.

Also the sexual tension when we trip with girls is really awkward for me. For some reason it always feels like we all should be having this crazy acid orgy but it never happens and objectively there isn't any reason for that except for my horniness.

I'll contribute.

Many many years ago I was at a festival (stage was in cave if ya know ya know) and after failing to eat a raw foot long chunk of san pedro like corn on the cob I ate a bunch of LSD. I was still pretty young and impressionable and wanted to impress my older friends. Mega doses of LSD were discussed that day and I was pretty eager to take one.

Well I ended up tripping pretty damn hard. At one point I was sitting at camp with friends and they all got quiet. One friend in particular walks up to me and hands me a cheeto, everyone is looking at me. I look at the cheeto and it is glistening and wet. For whatever reason, I thought he was handing me an LSD soaked cheeto, and this was my mega dose opportunity. I took it and very louldly cackled like a maniac before gleefully eating the cheeto. All my friends looked at me like i was crazy.

"What's wrong with you didgital?"

"Well I just ate all that LSD!!"

"what are you talking about, that was just a cheeto"

"Really? But I saw the LSD"

"Yeah man, that was literally JUST a cheeto, nothing on it just a plain cheeto"

I was very embarrassed and so was everyone else for me lol. I dunno, I was super in my head and must have visualized what I wanted to see, but it was not reality at all. Probably for the better that i did not take a mega dose that year.

To me and my friend group, that wouldn’t be a moment of embarrassment but one that would have us all dying of laughter. That’s something that’s important to me and over the years the friend group has grown with this more or less in mind, people say and do some funny/stupid shit when tripping. Nothing to ever be embarrassed about, unless your getting naked and trying to fuck a tree or something then you might hear about it a bit ;)

I think I know the grounds you are talking about. Was there a fest with Tipper and similar artists there last year? Never been but I recall friends describing the stage in a cave.

Awkward moments on LSD. Probably my worst was my one really rough trip where I just walked off in the freezing rain crying and depressed. That wasn’t a good look and my friend was nice enough to find me and save me. Otherwise I can’t think of many. When I’m tripping hard I’m in a place I feel safe to do so and rarely experience anything too awkward as a result.

-GC

Too many to count during the heaviest part of my lysergamide experimentations period circa 2016-17.

The most notable one is when I tried ETH-LAD for the first time. Took it at home early in the evening with the intention of hitting a rave later on. It hit pretty hard but was manageable, until I made the idiotic decision to smoke a bit of weed. The trip shifted into high gear and I suddenly felt the urge to leave the house right away.

Then I had the brilliant idea to take my Zoom recorder with me and do field recordings for whatever reason. Basically I was recording the entire walk to my destination. Somehow because I was also tweeting nonsense at the same time (multitasking, baby!), I got it into my head that I was in fact broadcasting my recordings live, and that it was a monumental, world-historic achievement. This delusion came over me as I walked past a building that houses a multimedia gallery/performance space. Just at that moment, a man walks out of it, and I proceed to explain what I'm doing (AND that I'm on acid!) and ask him "Has someone ever done this before?" He just goes "I don't know! I did a lot of crazy stuff on acid in my day," then takes off in a cab. (I did in fact miraculously make it to my destination, although it was quite an ordeal. I deleted the recordings that were on my Zoom as soon as I got home.)

A few months later, this person I had since then started seeing suggests we check out a show that was happening at that very gallery, and who do I see but the same man, who had an installation there, which presumably he'd been working on it the night I ran into him. I wanted to die right there. To this day I don't know if he recognized me, but I have a hunch that he did. Luckily I don't remember his name.

Last edited:
I was casual friends in college with this guy named Abe. He grew up Amish, and did their Rumspringa and decided you know what.. fuck this, I'm gonna go to college and major in steel drum. Well, he was a cool dude, tons of fun to hang out with, he rarely did drugs but seemed like he was wasted all the time, like once we were driving around and he peed on the side on the building because he had to go and cops came up and he got arrested because they were convinced her was waste, but got off because he wasn't.

Anyway, I tripped with him a couple of times. One time, we did 5-MeO-DiPT (I only knew it as "foxy", this was before I had done any research or joined the online community, some kid across the street was selling 20mg doses (!!) for $20 and we were about it). Anyway, every time we tripped, Abe would insist (loudly and belligerently) that he didn't feel anything, and proceed to act the most tripped out of anyone in the group. So the night w did 5-MeO-DiPT with him and a couple of closer friends, predictably, he starts loudly proclaiming that this stuff aint shit. He got all agitated and said he was taking a walk, and we all decided that we needed to follow him because he was obviously fucked up, despite his insistence that he felt nothing. As we were walking, he started shouting "We need to find some GIRLIES! We need to FUCK SOME GIRLIES!!". He went on broken record, just kept shouting that as loud as he could. I almost died when we passed a group of girls dressed sexy, obviously heading to a party. Dude runs up to them and tells them about how we need to FUCK SOME GIRLIES over and over, and they all but ran away. Eventually we managed to convince him to come back to my house where we began the trip.

The next day, and in fact the rest of the time I knew him, he swore up, down, left and right, that he felt nothing and that he was immune tio psychedelics.

Weird ass dude. His favorite everyday party trick was to walk around with his ballsack out (he had gargantuan balls, it was freakish), and he pulled the skin tight, and it looked like a brain. And he's just walk up to people and talk to them until they noticed. He called it "the brain".

Only one I can remember is I was on mushrooms and my mother came round to change the curtains - I was unable to stop laughing so she said "What are you bloody laughing at"

I brought home a lady of the evening who was also a guy ... To my parents house. I couldn't process awkwardness at the time. So I just ignored it.
It was a great night , I think everyone learned something that time.

We knocked on the wrong apartment door once. God I felt so bad but could not stop laughing hysterically.

I broke up with someone on acid , like I was tripping, she wasn't. Idk what I said , but my god it was so much better after she left.

Just coming in contact with anyone when I was tripping was kinda awkward. Everyone is so ridiculous, worried about trivial things when everything is seemingly flying around in a kaleidoscope of blinding light. Nothing matters for a few hours. Not my job, car, house, everything is absolutely hilarious

Only one I can remember is I was on mushrooms and my mother came round to change the curtains - I was unable to stop laughing so she said "What are you bloody laughing at"

My third time eating mushrooms, me and two friends were visiting for Christmas, during our first year of college. Well, one of the friends was our friend from high school who was still in high school. We decided to take them in my parents' attic, which was our traditional hangout spot. It's an awesome attic, like the one in Neverending Story, super tall domed ceiling and massive, lots of good memories. My friend brought the mushrooms, he had a quarter pound he was selling, and some weed. We had a bunch of CDs, snacks, and we made a pact that we would not leave the attic for any reason, so we'd be safe and not encounter my family.

We got impatient waiting for my family to go to bed, so we went up there while they were still awake, and ate an eighth each. We started coming up pretty hard, and our high school friend started getting weird. He was being really loud and aggressive and egotistical, he kept saying "these mushrooms are bullshit, I don't feel anything", except he was clearly fucked up. Me and my other friend were getting anxious because he was being so loud, and he was calling us pussies and bitches and talking about how strong his mind was because mushrooms couldn't even affect him. It was his first time ever tripping, and my other friend and I had done them twice together at college and had great experiences.

Anyway, after probably only like 20 minutes, our friend who was being a weird asshole started bullying us to go downstairs, he said he wanted to go outside because he was bored by our "gay music" (it was Radiohead's Kid A we put on first, which in retrospect was probably not the best choice, that shit's dark). He was insisting that it had been long enough and my family would definitely be asleep and if they weren't, he didn't care and it would be fine. Then he said he was going, whether we were or not. I was terrified by the thought of him going down there and seeing my family and getting all weird on them like he was on us. So we all went down, me and my normal friend feeling increasingly full of fear.

Well, sure enough, we walked downstairs and the whole family was up, watching TV together... it was only like 8:45 or some shit, lol. My mom was looking at us weird, or so I thought. I was fully in the fear now, I felt sure they all knew and were disgusted with me. The asshole friend was talking all loud and speaking in a grandiose, very strange way to them. My 10 year old little brother was playing with toys on the floor and asshole friend walked up to him and crouched down in his face and said "PHIL! Did you know that you could DIE at ANY TIME? Maybe tonight even". My little brother was super weirded out and was looking at me and my mom. My mom asked me what we were doing, she obviously knew something was off. I stubled my words really badly but told her we were just getting snacks, which we did and ran back upstairs.

So at this point, me and my normal friend are just massively anxious, stuck in the "oh god, what have I done, I wish this would stop" loop. Meanwhile, our asshole friend was getting increasingly aggressive and mean to us, kept laughing at us and calling us pussies, saying that mushrooms were for pussies and ecstasy was a real man's drug, shit like that. It just sucked... full stop. Bad time.

Then we heard my family all go to bed, and we all wanted to go outside, so we went down, and went outside, but felt like we needed an excuse, so I took the dog out with us, and it was cold so I wrapped the blanket from the couch over my shoulders. We started walking down the block, smoking cigarettes. Me and normal friend were still anxious and filled with fear, and asshole friend was shouting stuff like "I'M KING OF THE WORLD!!" and "God damn you guys, I'm the smartest person in the world, I think! I'm so much better than everybody else I know!", and he was like laying down in the middle of the road and laughing like a maniac. So obviously this was not helping because all me and my other friend could think about was, what if a cop drives by? What if a neighbor calls the cops on this asshole? Some cars were driving by from time to time, and I was hallucinating cop lights on every one, I was SURE I could really see them, one time I even hallucinated the red and blue flashing lights.

So after a bit, we convinced asshole friend to come back inside with us. Then as I walked in the front door, I hear "Hello, XORKOTH" (except my real name). It was my mom, hiding in the shadows. She scolded me for making her dog and blanket smell like smoke, and I guess we also left the front door wide open and the cat could have gotten out. And she said she knew we were on something. And then, she said "I went up in the attic, and I SAW what Brandon (my normal friend) has in his bag. How dare you bring drugs into my house? I'm throwing it away.

Well, we all thought she must have meant the quarter pound of mushrooms, of course. Turns out she meant his little pipe and tiny bug of weed. Somehow she must have just not knwon what the mushrooms were, because the weed was wrapped in the giant bag of mushrooms.

Anyway, it was over for me then. I went into full bad trip mode, the rest of the night, we all just sat in chairs in the dark, without saying one single word to each other. I was stuck in a loop of self-disgust, guilt, and fear. Similar for my normal friend, and our asshole friend said he was just bored and didn't want my mom to get back up.

Then, as soon as dawn began, we all came down all at once, and were flooded with the most profound feeling of relief and gratitude for feeling normal again. We had survived! We went up to my room and started talking about the experience, laughing, smiling, expressing how much we appreciated being sober and that we had been afraid it would never end.

Despite the really difficult trip, I had an amazing afterglow for days afterwards. My mom never said a word about it the next day and my friend found his weed in the trash and took it back. Many years later, I talked to my mom about it, and we laughed about it.

We threw all the plates off our balcony just to watch them explode on the ground. The downstairs neighbors were trying to study for midterms , came knocking on our door literally crying about the noise. We just could not stop laughing hysterically about any of it. I felt bad we were bothering them but dude, I was with 5 of the funniest guys in the country on acid. It was so ridiculous.

Its 2:30 in the morning and I'm tripping sac. There's a cop standing in front of me holding me at gunpoint and screaming at me to get on the ground. I get on the ground, he searches my pockets and finds some weed. He handcuffs me, puts me on the curb, and asks for my name. Im staring at him and his eyes are melting down his face. Hes starting to get frustrated because I'm not answering but I literally could not remember my name. Eventually, he gives me a piece of paper and asks me to write my name down. He then says " God damn how much weed did you smoke?!!" I then try to write my name down and he looks at the paper and raises his voice and says "WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS SAY?". He then starts talking about how he's never seen anyone this fucked up from weed before. I have no idea why he didn't suspect that I was on another substance. Luckily I had a friend there that had dosed about 10 minutes before the cops showed up so he was sober enough to give the cop my name. Crazy enough all I had was weed on me so he confiscated it and sent us on our way. The way I had gotten myself into this situation is that I had taken 4 tabs of Acid and walked to my friends house because he was supposed to trip with me. I got to his house and he was asleep, he wouldn't answer his phone or the front door so I started throwing pebbles at his window for about 30 minutes. I guess someone saw this and thought I was breaking into his house so they called the cops. My friend wakes up, he takes the acid, and while we're chilling in his front yard the cops show up. Crazy experience and yet somehow I still had a great trip afterward.

I've got two off the top of my head:

1) I dropped for a silversun pickups concert and my sober wife (gf at the time) went with me. The show was really good, but I got too concerned with people "mosh" type dancing, and bumping into my wife and I. I had not pictured this music as the moshing type, to me it was more appropriate to close your eyes and get lost. I ended up punching one of the annoying dancing guys *hard* in the arm. Apparently not that hard though, because it didn't phase him one bit. I eventually realized that we needed to move towards the back.
Then for the real awkwardness, on the beginning of the drive home, my gf and I got into a stupid argument and I told her to stop the car and let me out. She did. And I got out. Now I find myself tripping alone in the dark in an unfamiliar part of the city, many miles away from my apartment. She ended up picking me back up not long after.

2) my friend and I worked at our college dining hall. One night, we decided to dose some LSD maybe 30 min before closing time. That often turns out to be a mistake. It kicked in for my friend before work was over. I went into the walk-in fridge to find him standing in a giant puddle of milk! He had ripped a 5 gallon bag and couldn't think of a course of action. We moped it up and managed to leave work without anyone noticing.