Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Ayahuasca/Pharmahausca microdosing question

thelazygent

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I have social anxiety disorder. I was prescribed Lexapro 5 mgs during the day and 37.5 mgs of Trazodone at night. It worked great. I was way more sociable, more patient, less awkward, and happier about life. My sex drive/orgasm quality was what made me quit. It was torture. My sleep also was not great. I tapered off and did a ayahusca retreat 2 weeks later (I should have waited 6 weeks). The ayahuasca experience was good but I dont think I had a big enough dose or I was not off the meds long enough to feel the full effect. Since the experience, I have gotten off Lexapro but stayed on Trazodone for sleep and a mild antidepressant.

I am considering getting off Trazodone and micro dosing ayahuasca/pharmahuasca for my social anxiety since its from the earth and natural.

For those that have micro dosed pharma/aya

1. Would doing pharmahuasca be better for micro dosing than aya?
  2. Did your sex drive get effected negatively?
  3. How was your sleep?
  4. Has anyone microdosed before bed? How did you sleep? Better or worse?
  5. What was your dosage?
  6. Did you dose 7 days a week?

To each their own, but I have never microdoses ayahuasca or pharmahuasca and would never do it, because dosage is a fickle bitch with these.

I microdose weekly and rotate between lysergamides, tryptamines and phenethylamines. Whenever I want to take a real trip in between I skip a weekly dose. The week I skip a dose I might drink a coffee or two.

To be fair, I say microdose but since I experience a definite (although subtle) effect I myself like to call it minidosing.

Sex drive is not altered in the long run. Depending on the substance it might be temporarily raised though.

Sleep is great. I dose in the morning so I can go to sleep around 10pm, if work permits.

Never microdosed before bed. Don't think I'd be able to sleep. I feel it minutes after taking it and first alert is always a motivational boost with clarity of mind. In that sense it works as what a coffee is for most people (i guess). During the day other subtle effects present themselves which I don't experience with coffee.

Dosage depends on the substance. Acid is 12,5mcg. Could be 6,25mcg, but 12,5 is a little more fun and still low enough to not be distracted for me.
I have no idea how you would dose a liquid like ayahuasca. I also dont know how long it will keep fresh after making a batch.

I've never successfully microdosed oral DMT. 5-10mg (after appropriate harmine dosing) still fucks me up good, I can't do normal stuff, even if I'm not tripping hard like on 25 or 50. If you want to go this route, prepare a 10ml oral syringe with whatever the smallest amount of DMT you can measure is, then pick a day where you dose some harmine then give yourself 0.5-1ml every hour or so to figure out what a "microdose" is for you. Seems more complicated than microdosing LSD or shrooms tho.

I have heard that microdosing Aya is pointless but you need a certain amount of MAO Inhibitor in order to feel the DMT. If you take a microdose of AYA there may not be enough of the B Caapi to make your body feel the effects of the DMT.

you can't microdose aya - if you
1. took a small dose of MAOI and small dose of DMT:
The DMT would just get metabolized immediately and the MAOI would have little impact
2. took a big dose of MAOI and small dose of DMT:
You'd just be constantly running on the MAOI+the elevated serotonin which comes from it, and very little from the DMT.

you can't microdose aya - if you
1. took a small dose of MAOI and small dose of DMT:
The DMT would just get metabolized immediately and the MAOI would have little impact
2. took a big dose of MAOI and small dose of DMT:
You'd just be constantly running on the MAOI+the elevated serotonin which comes from it, and very little from the DMT.
Is there a way to microdose aya/pharmahuasca?

Medium dose of MAOI and a small to medium dose of DMT?

Or is it not possible

Yep, aya is not microdosable. You can microdose pretty much 98% of psychs, but aya, 5-meo-dmt and probably 5-meo-dalt arent

You want at leat 6-8h of duration chemicals, up to 12h, like most lisergamides

To each their own, but I have never microdoses ayahuasca or pharmahuasca and would never do it, because dosage is a fickle bitch with these.

I microdose weekly and rotate between lysergamides, tryptamines and phenethylamines. Whenever I want to take a real trip in between I skip a weekly dose. The week I skip a dose I might drink a coffee or two.

To be fair, I say microdose but since I experience a definite (although subtle) effect I myself like to call it minidosing.

Sex drive is not altered in the long run. Depending on the substance it might be temporarily raised though.

Sleep is great. I dose in the morning so I can go to sleep around 10pm, if work permits.

Never microdosed before bed. Don't think I'd be able to sleep. I feel it minutes after taking it and first alert is always a motivational boost with clarity of mind. In that sense it works as what a coffee is for most people (i guess). During the day other subtle effects present themselves which I don't experience with coffee.

Dosage depends on the substance. Acid is 12,5mcg. Could be 6,25mcg, but 12,5 is a little more fun and still low enough to not be distracted for me.
I have no idea how you would dose a liquid like ayahuasca. I also dont know how long it will keep fresh after making a batch.
Hi guy I hope everyone is good I'm going on a Ayahuasca trip next month I have been tapering down from buprenorphine injection I think I will still have a little in my system will it be OK to still take the beautiful plant ayahuasca any feed back would help please I have a clean diet ect thanks Tony.

Hi guy I hope everyone is good I'm going on a Ayahuasca trip next month I have been tapering down from buprenorphine injection I think I will still have a little in my system will it be OK to still take the beautiful plant ayahuasca any feed back would help please I have a clean diet ect thanks Tony.

Not microdosable either. The culprit is the DMT that is too short acting, not the IMAO. the IMAO is which determines if its regular aya of pharma

Hang on Hexagon...riddle me this....what about if the pharmahuasca is something like moclobemide (which you can dose accurately) and a small dose of oral DMT?

That's got you thinking hasn't it? ;)

Hang on Hexagon...riddle me this....what about if the pharmahuasca is something like moclobemide (which you can dose accurately) and a small dose of oral DMT?

That's got you thinking hasn't it? ;)
In fact would work but geeting the worst of all worlds. Need to mix an IMAO, the microdose lasting around 3-4h only and DMT works more in a closed eye situation than operating in the real ife. Also price and availability... So, yep as experiemt somehow could work, but theres is way better options out there. Almost any regular triptamine or lisergamide doesnt have all this issues and are the normally chosen by us microdosers :)

(Today on a mini 4-aco-mipt dosage... blasting it out in the gym, girls somehow feel and love the vibe)