• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Bad speed?

What should I do?

• It's bad speed, toss it out and try again

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • You've damaged your cardiovascular system, never again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're just paranoid and using it will likely be fine

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Frazzled1990

Bluelighter
What have people's personal experiences been with bad speed?

I've been using a batch lately that although makes me more focused and awake, doesn't really have any "feel good" factor about it. It also seems to be rather hard on me physically. Blood pressure increasing from around 120/70 to 140/80 and heart rate up from 70-80 to around 110-120 resting. It gives me a heavy, yet hollow feeling in my chest which makes it really difficult to get any enjoyment out of. No blue fingers or toes though, although they can feel a bit cold. The batch is pure white and has a very bitter taste compared to far more mild tasting batches i've had access to previously. I usually just ingest with a few dips of the finger.

Should I just toss this stuff out and try a different source? Or have I damaged my system to the point where I just can't enjoy any source of Amphetamine anymore? (I generally feel fine when I'm not on it) and recently had an ECG that turned up fine.

The likelihood of obtaining good vs bad speed varies enormously based on your location. Also ‘speed’ can be anything from amphetamine sulfate to meth to various cathinones or any combination of such things. There is nowhere I know of where ‘street speed’ is ever reliably very pure. Even from generally reliable DNM vendors I have found purity to be less than 50 %. Unfortunately with speed the other 50 % is often not just inert filler used to cut it. It is often manufacturing residues and solvents which are occasionally toxic.

If I were you I would buy a comprehensive reagent test kit to figure out what the main psychoactive ingredient probably is. Then I would acetone wash your product to remove most of the garbage and purify your product (assuming it is amp sulfate or meth). Don’t be surprised if you lose 50% by weight or more when you wash it.

Also, we take drugs for pleasure. If a drug makes you feel like shit - why take it?

The likelihood of obtaining good vs bad speed varies enormously based on your location. Also ‘speed’ can be anything from amphetamine sulfate to meth to various cathinones or any combination of such things. There is nowhere I know of where ‘street speed’ is ever reliably very pure. Even from generally reliable DNM vendors I have found purity to be less than 50 %. Unfortunately with speed the other 50 % is often not just inert filler used to cut it. It is often manufacturing residues and solvents which are occasionally toxic.

If I were you I would buy a comprehensive reagent test kit to figure out what the main psychoactive ingredient probably is. Then I would acetone wash your product to remove most of the garbage and purify your product (assuming it is amp sulfate or meth). Don’t be surprised if you lose 50% by weight or more when you wash it.

Also, we take drugs for pleasure. If a drug makes you feel like shit - why take it?
Yeah I have one of those reagent testing kits, but generally find it to be not too reliable. I keep the kit stored in the fridge as that's supposed to keep the crystals good for several months. But I've had so many mixed results using the stuff.

I don't think Cathinones or P2NP are the issue, as this powder is pure white, no yellow hue at all. Besides Cathinones and P2NP have never caused me any problems. Based on the bitterness of the taste, lack of euphoria and the heavy hitting physical effects, I'm going to say either Caffeine or Ephedrine (or both) which unfortunately I don't think an acetone wash would remove. Although please correct me if I'm wrong in that assumption.

When I first got into Amphetamine, I used to boil it in water until the powder dissolved in the water and all the solvents/oils and other gunk would rise to the top. I would then use a filter to separate the clear water from the oils.. etc. I would then boil the clean water until it completely evaporated, leaving behind the Amphetamine powder at the bottom of the pot. I realise that seems completely unorthodox and almost nobody does this. But I swear by it.

Yeah I have one of those reagent testing kits, but generally find it to be not too reliable. I keep the kit stored in the fridge as that's supposed to keep the crystals good for several months. But I've had so many mixed results using the stuff.
It depends a little on the kit and the order in which you test for different substances when you have an unknown mixture. If I was testing street-speed I’d probably use 5 reagents to both positively ID amphetamine and rule out a whole bunch of other stuff that is potentially mixed in.

A better way to test might be a Thin Layer Chromatography Kit (in addition to Reagent testing). If you can find one with reference cards relevant to speed. I’ve seen them available online in europe but not used one myself as difficult to source locally.

Given what you might have you could see if the Ken-Kao test is feasible for you. Not exactly out of the box simple though - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen-Kao_reaction?wprov=sfti1
I don't think Cathinones or P2NP are the issue, as this powder is pure white, no yellow hue at all. Besides Cathinones and P2NP have never caused me any problems. Based on the bitterness of the taste, lack of euphoria and the heavy hitting physical effects, I'm going to say either Caffeine or Ephedrine (or both) which unfortunately I don't think an acetone wash would remove. Although please correct me if I'm wrong in that assumption.
Caffeine is soluble in acetone at 2g/100ml room temperature. More as the temperature increases. But you wouldn’t use near 100 ml washing a gram or 2 of speed.

E
When I first got into Amphetamine, I used to boil it in water until the powder dissolved in the water and all the solvents/oils and other gunk would rise to the top. I would then use a filter to separate the clear water from the oils.. etc. I would then boil the clean water until it completely evaporated, leaving behind the Amphetamine powder at the bottom of the pot. I realise that seems completely unorthodox and almost nobody does this. But I swear by it.
I can’t comment on that one.

What have people's personal experiences been with bad speed?

I've been using a batch lately that although makes me more focused and awake, doesn't really have any "feel good" factor about it. It also seems to be rather hard on me physically. Blood pressure increasing from around 120/70 to 140/80 and heart rate up from 70-80 to around 110-120 resting. It gives me a heavy, yet hollow feeling in my chest which makes it really difficult to get any enjoyment out of. No blue fingers or toes though, although they can feel a bit cold. The batch is pure white and has a very bitter taste compared to far more mild tasting batches i've had access to previously. I usually just ingest with a few dips of the finger.

Should I just toss this stuff out and try a different source? Or have I damaged my system to the point where I just can't enjoy any source of Amphetamine anymore? (I generally feel fine when I'm not on it) and recently had an ECG that turned up fine.

Hey, I am experiencing the exact same thing. It really sucks. Pure white, smells oddly chemical but mixed in with that distinct smell of speed somewhere in there. I usually love to smoke weed along with it but this shit made it a nightmare.

I was wondering if you have any updates on what you did with it and if you tried out any other batch since to see about your system?

I had a good batch bought from another seller before this bag of death and it was fine. Pretty good even. Wondering if I fucked my system going straight from one batch to another or if this is just awful speed. I don't feel like washing it will do much to help because this is fucking crazy but I will try.

Last edited:
Does it give you a headache? Vasoconstriction? Shakiness? Severe Anxiety/body load?

Honestly, all of them with the headache being the least severe but it was still there. Also got horrible RLS and felt like my seizure threshold was lowered. Very unusual reaction for me. Still tried to get high from it for a few days tho with no luck. I threw it out 🙂