• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Because of Bluelight

I have chosen not to familiarize myself with the world of opiates.

the most important thing bluelight has done for me is to teach me how be a safer, more productive and reasonable drug user. I stress the safety aspect the most though. I think I'd be in a much worse place both in terms of health and in general (in terms of law, relationships, work, school, etc) if it wasn't for hearing other people's advice and stories on bluelight.

Because of bluelight
-I'm still alive, and thats pretty important imo :)

Hmmm.....because of Bluelight, it has...

• Encouraged me to be more creative.
  • Thus making me encourage my children to become more creative also.
  • Made me appreciate the life I have, especially compared to some others.
  • Taught me what memes are.
  • Kicked me up the arse to go buy a decent camera & get a lot more interested in photography & photoshop.
  • Made me realise there is actually more to life than getting fucked up on drugs.
  • Made me some very, very good friends from all around the world, which I'm sure will allow me the ability to crash on a sofa if I ever ended up on the other side of Planet Earth.
  • Allowed me to meet some incredible people where I would have unknowingly passed them in the street.
  • Has opened my eyes to how many talented people share the same forum as me.
  • Opened new doors for music & movies.
  • Let me become good mates with n3ophy7e - that alone is worth the membership :)

• I think, made me a better, more tolerant person :\

^i am definitely more tolerant because of the people i have interacted with on BL. i have talked with such a wide range of people that there is very little someone can say to me that will shock me. because of this, many people say i am a great listener and easy to talk to since i try to not judge. the vast array of people on here has also helped me interact with people from different cultures in my professional experiences as well.

Because of Bluelight
- I have met many wonderful people in real life and many more I will unfortunately never be able to.
- I have been able to help others.
- I have improved my overall health in many magnificent ways.
- I have become more open minded to discussing things I would normally have never dreamed of.
- I have furthered my interest in drug research and discovered my true passion, pharmacology.

Bump

*bumpitybump*

This thread deserves bumping before being moved to another forum for more input :D

Because of BL
- I have learned so many things about pharms, good and bad.
- Because of what I learned on BL I found new drugs (I chose, I don't blame anyone, but I did do some stupid shit)
- because of BL I am still alive or avoided serious injury
- because of BL I have been helped and helped others. :D
- because of BL I have made some really great friendships
- Because of BL I have learned to express myself in ways I normally wouldn't and learn that everything in life doesn't have to be serious and it's ok. (I can actually go into the Lounge)
- because of BL I have wasted a lot of time on the internet :D
- because of BL I have been able to inform others
- because of BL I have been able to enhance my experiences
- because of BL I have learned love those I have never met
- because of BL I have learned to be less butt hurt about stupid shit
- because of BL I can have a smile a day
- because of BL I have a place I can go to vent, talk, gain and give information
- because of BL I am part of a community.

Why haven't i seen this thread?? 8o

Because of bluelight, I:

* Am the person I am today.

While it may not be because of bluelight and bluelight only, this place, over the past decade, has reached so far into my life - love, friendships, self-awareness and so many other areas, and in one way or another, has been integral in shaping me into the woman I am today - who, i should add, i'm pretty bloody proud of. Bluelight has been a constant for me in some of my darkest moments - the support i've felt from people i've met here - I can't even begin to describe it. I've met one of my best friends here, have made a handful of very close friends and met the man i'm going to marry.

This place feels like an aspect of home. I"ve been lucky enough to be on staff, as mod and smod, the connections i've made with people i've never seen IRL is amazing. I can count these people as mates - with the advent of places like Facebook, i tend to feel like i'm a part of their lives - however, if it hadn't been for bluelight, i'd never have been alerted to the existence of these wonderful people.

I feel very lucky to have been a part of this community and hope I will be for a long time coming.

<3

- know/learnt an incredible amount about drugs .
- met new ppl
- gotten help when in need .
- expressed my true self

There's also downsides ...
- gotten more into drugs
- I find myself on here A LOT when I should be doing other stuff
- I have lost intrest in other things

I must admit that, even moreso than Bluelight, the Vaults of Erowid has most profoundly influenced my understanding - and opinion - of drugs in general; this influence, for me personally, has always lead to a more positive (happy/healthy) consideration, and use, of recreational drugs. My bias, to be fair, is that I discovered Erowid when I was 14 years old – the same year I became interested in drugs, an interest for which Erowid was partially responsible.

I found Bluelight, on the other hand, when I was 18 and already seriously abusing a variety of drugs; at the time I was particularly addicted to uppers (Rx stimulants and cocaine). My opinion on the matter (drugs, addiction, and related things) was already fully-formed - or so I thought, until the following year rolled around and I suddenly realized that my perspective had completely changed somewhere along the line).

It’s also true that Erowid offers greater depth than Bluelight in terms of thoroughly addressing a subject (probably due in large part to the fact that Erowid is an endless database, while Bluelight is just a forum) from various angles, and drawing from various professional fields, cultures, time-periods, etc. Erowid documents the way in whitch drugs work, and the way in which they effect us (both in mind and body). And, even more importantly perhaps, Erowid discusses the way in which people, and societies, consider, and interact with, drugs –as it relates to the individual, to the society, and to the species. Erowid's mission is stated simply: “documenting the complex relationship between humans & psychoactives.”

Bluelight, however, is clearly the more "simple" of the two. It is less comprehensive and covers less fields of study; the study of drugs itself, as addressed and presented by Erowid, on the other hand, draws from and incorporates such disparate fields as anthropology, sociology, biology, chemistry, philosophy and religion, among others. Yet, Bluelight is truly the greatest resource/database of its kind, championing the goal of documenting the “drug culture” and related phenomena through the lens/content-filter of "harm reduction" – its circles and members, its places and means, its slang and mythology, etc. Ultimately, as a forum, Bluelight is the sum total of the ongoing interactions between members of the drug world.

To summarizes the above in a nutshell (tl;dr) : Bluelight documents how drug users interact with one another, whereas Erowid documents how drug users interact with drugs (and vice-versa).

because of bluelight:
-i moved to ohio
-ive been to baltimore and DC more times than ive ever thought id go
-ive had sex with multiple partners at the same time
-ive wasted countless hours at work

this may not seem like much to most people, but its a big thing for me...

i went out for some drinks with an acquaintance from college and his friends by myself. 5 years ago, i would have made up an excuse about why i could not go or make a friend go with me. but because of bluelight, i have gotten more comfortable with interacting with strangers.

^ it IS huge! it's done similar things for me. i can get on with strangers much easier now, but with a strange combination of the internet opening me up to strangers and my real life habits making me more of a recluse to people i know, i've turned into a strange social mess.

because of bluelight i strive to know every single detail of what i'm passionate about.
because of bluelight i've traveled more than i ever imagined i would.
because of bluelight i've had some amazing experiences that i can't talk about in real life because i sound like a 1 upper. :D
because of bluelight i've met some wicked interesting people.
because of bluelight i know and have met REAL foreigners.
because of bluelight i've gained a massive amount of knowledge on cultures other than my own.
because of bluelight i discovered the rave scene (albeit a bit late).
because of bluelight, even when i feel i don't belong in the world, i have a place to go where i'm far from the most fucked up. :D

Because of Bluelight I have met a person who has become far more than just my best friend. This person has such a warm and endearing personality and makes me feel like I'm on top of the world. He always has the right words to make me smile, even when no one else can. He also has this incredible ability of making me laugh. He helped me rebuild my confidence when I had none and remained a constant of love and support in my life. I could never have imagined that I would have had a more amazing person in my life, and that we would have gone in all of the directions that we have gone in. I <3 my bingle so much

I've learned a lot about life, love, and people with serious maladptive and sometimes supremely negative behavior patterns.

I've also watched with some interest the proud and boastful with major to mildly narcissistic personality styles crash, burn, and sometimes die.

On a more positive note: I have learned that there are many financially, socially, and emotionally successful people that enjoy intoxicants of many kinds.

Because of Bluelight I am more aware of what is and isn't. Well, if I don't try to read between the lines too much.

:)

because of bluelight........my life has forever been changed in so many ways.
It has been here during some of the worse times and given me much support over the years......
It has brought me happiness, sadness, friendships and heartaches.
It is strange to think of it this way.