• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best OTC opiod potentiator?

I say the best OTC potentiator in my expierence is promethazine, which is OTC in Canada. Works pretty good...added sedation means easier to catch a nod, and reduces the itchies.

rangrz said:
I say the best OTC potentiator in my expierence is promethazine, which is OTC in Canada. Works pretty good...added sedation means easier to catch a nod, and reduces the itchies.

I live in canada too and ive asked at about 5 pharmacies for it but none had it. Histantil is the brand name but i asked for promethazine after they hadn't heard of it. None of the younger pharmacists seemed to know about it or whether it was OTC or not. They said the most common anti-nausea drugs where gravol and meclizine like i didnt already fuckin know that.

The only pharmacist who had seen it used was this old guy and he said he hadn't seen it in a few years. Maybe it's just not used much where i live so pharmacies don't bother stocking it.

re: promethazine

yeah alot of local pharmacies dont stock it, but it is approved, OTC and marketed in Canada, various online drug stores with Canadian lisenseur sell it. Worth the buy IMHO if your looking for a good potentiator that also doubles to subdue opiate neasua and helps with the itchies.

Someone was telling that doxepin was good but i taken nearly 100mg a hasn't done much but give me dry mouth and bad taste in mouth. and i took it with 380mg DHC and phenergan

What i do

Well normally, what i do for a damn good feeling is take 2 oxycodones, along with 3/4 hydrocodones, and then these potentiators: 50mgs of Benadryl (diphenhydramine), like 25 mg of Dramamine (dimenhydrinate), some Aleve (naproxen), some Xanax (alprazolam) or Ativan (lorazepam), and wash it all down with a glass of grapefruit juice. <--- = <3 & =D

Marijuana for the win. Seriously, how can this not be the obvious fucking choice? Added euphoria. It's OTC for me.

the BEST potentiators also happen to be cheap and the most effective

Ok SO.. THIS IS THE POST YOU NEED TO READ about opioid potentiators. EVERYONE has missed the very obvious answers so I'm here to tell you. The biggest one, not for just me but for anyone, is CAFFEINE!.. Caffeine is great because it comes in so many forms so you can personalize your high. For example. Caffeine in tea comes on slow and gets strong and stays for a while. Caffeine in coffee comes on stronger and quicker but leaves quickly. Also, it takes 500 mg to achieve a caffeine high. So find a measuring chart on it and use it. When I take 60 mg of oxycodone for pain relief, I don't feel anything because I've been on it too long. But if I take it with a chai latte from Starbucks, all of the sudden I'm so high that I can't stay sitting down and I need to take a drive.

Now, the next thing is available in GNC's And most grocery stores. It's called L-Tyrosine. It's what they tell you to take for energy problems when you withdrawal. Take a capsule or two of this and you'll have that opioid buzz for SEVERAL HOURS.. And it's safe. It's already in your brain, helping build energy receptors.

Next. I've heard people talk about grapefruit juice. It's TRUE. You could drink a glass during, right at the time of ingestion, or before, BUT the best way to do it is this. Incorporate it into your diet. Drink a glass three times a day to maintain a steady level in your blood stream. After about a week you'll be ready. This will allow you to reduce your dosage of opioids by 25 to 50 % !!.. It's true.. Also, in between dosages of opioids, take Prilosec or other stomach acid reducers to help keep your body from ripping those pills to shreds, rendering a good portion of the pill useless.

As for mixing it with other drugs. Obviously be careful when mixing with other opioids because of breathing difficulty etc. the best two mixers are morphine and tramadol. Also people have been talking about mixing it with Benadryl. That will work but not for very long, and you'll really just want to fall asleep. Your best route is to mix it with things that give you energy. Don't do energy drinks though or consume a lot of sugar in the process because you'll crash and the high won't be enjoyable. OTC drugs that give you energy would be shit like the sudafed that requires them to check your license because the main ingredient is used for meth. DO NOT TAKE THIS POST LIGHTLY. Potentiating the high of any opioid also potentiates the risk associated with any of them. That's why I like to go the natural route with caffeine, L-tyrosine, and grapefruit juice. Any of these potentiators work no matter how you ingest the drugs, because it all ends up in the blood stream.

The last point I want to make is this. Take breaks in using these. Don't go for months and/or years straight. You'll be taking way too much and you'll be spending too much money and you'll also be hurting yourself. If you can not stop completely, take 50% of what you would normally need. Eventually that will get you high again. Once you've achieved that plateau, drop it by 50% again until you start getting a buzz again. When taking small breaks, a week or two here and there, use niacin to flush your body of all the toxins so that you can reset your body.

Well, no one ever mentioned it. All they said was grapefruit juice, even a couple of mentions for the ruby red gfj. But as we all know now it must be WHITE grapefruit juice because it is the only gfj that will work.

I don't think it's OTC but phenergan (promethazine) is f***** awesome as an ope potentiator.

Grapefruit juice, orange juice, and as always beer amplifies the effects of opiates by a good amount.

Take a couple lortabs, drink one beer with a good amount of alc by volume in it, and it feels like you took 3 or maybe 4 lortabs. Feels even better if you had some promethazine, just makes it just last a bit longer.

Careful though, combine anymore than 3 beers and a few lortabs shit can start getting out of hand for your respiratory depression and liver.

EDIT: ALWAYS TAKE THE TABS FIRST. Never drink first if you are going to combine.

Don't think orange juice potentiates opiates at all. White grapefruit is the only grapefruit that has the chemical (flavornoid?) to inhibit the necessary enzyme. The folks drinking the ruby red were having an awesome placebo time! But hey, even if it's a placebo, you still get your buzz on.....

Placebo is the correct word? It took me 10 mins to search my brain for it, too many drugs going into my body I guess, because I have a hell of a time coming up with words sometimes.

Don't think orange juice potentiates opiates at all. White grapefruit is the only grapefruit that has the chemical (flavornoid?) to inhibit the necessary enzyme. The folks drinking the ruby red were having an awesome placebo time! But hey, even if it's a placebo, you still get your buzz on.....

Placebo is the correct word? It took me 10 mins to search my brain for it, too many drugs going into my body I guess, because I have a hell of a time coming up with words sometimes.

Right, orange juice may not, it did however potentiate my dose of kratom, but kratom doesn't really count ;)

Could've just been me though. Yeah placebo is the correct word man. And true that, you'll still get high either way, the legitimacy of potentiators is really overrated anyway, everyone is different and it all works different. Personally unless it's like a pharm formulated mixture like prometh/hydrocodone (tussionex, notuss etc.) yourbetter off just chewing em up and hoping for the best.

Btw, you mentioned promethazine, and unfortunately it is not an otc drug. Hydroxzine is not an otc drug either. I don't know why these drugs are not otc but I wonder if it is the fact they are such good potentiators.