Supplements best (recreational) drug for cardio?

fugme

Bluelighter
I know there's one thread about drugs for gym about 3 pages in, but it's pretty old so i decided to make a new one. Anyway, i've been trying to get myself in shape with rowing machine i have at home. I don't plan on going to the gym for a while and i won't be doing any resistance training, so there's little chance to hurt myself, i just want to progress with rowing to desired distance and that's it. Basically fake it 'till you make it and then go off drugs once i have developed the habit of exercising and become more motivated because of the results.

Here are couple of drugs i considered:
- PCP and analogues like 3-meo-pcp / 3-ho-pcp, considering they're anesthetic they should reduce the pain, but i'm not sure just what kind of pain
- Opioids for obvious reasons. Would more stimulating ones like O-DSMT be better than morphine, or would morphine's analgesic properties make it a better choice?
- Microdosing LSD - there was a study about it having analgesic properties and i have personally noticed it reduces the pain (like a slap) when tripping
- I have read some people suggesting weed.
- I have also seen some posters say they like benzos because it helps with pain and relaxes muscles.
- i don't want to take hard stimulants like amphetamine / methylphenidate due to cardiovascular stress.

What's your opinion on this?

I used to work out regularly when addicted to oxycodone. The soreness felt great when i was high. When i quit oxy i stopped working out.

Lmao I would really not recommend trying to microdose PCP and then do cardio.

I can't recommend LSD as something one should consistently use in a recreational pattern in conjunction with cardio, but I've done it myself in my early days of experimenting with psychedics. I always mimiced what Albert Hoffman coincidentally experienced and rode my bike around at night with my best friend and we'd trip on country roads. Can one consistenly verify they are getting LSD and not something else or tainted is beyond me. I feel like in my eyes it's always been a buy the ticket, take the ride. You can use test kits to determine that there is LSD present, but I'm unaware of rapid test kids for 25I-NBOMe or it's analogues. I could be very wrong though.

THC worked well with cardio if your trying to space out. I didn't think it improved my capability at all and the fact that I smoked it before cardio was probably more detrimental than anything for the lungs and my ability to perform. I don't do it anymore.

Couldn't see the idea behind popping anything narcotic related like opiates as you'd build a tolerance eventually and even the most psychologically stable and experienced individuals would know not to play with that dragon. There are those extreme outliers who can consume copious amounts of opiates and just seem to function. Is it good though? No. Not all of us are Ric Flair.

What is your reasoning behind using pcp? I know it acts as a stimulant with dopaminergic activity which could affect heartrate and blood pressure, but 3-meo-pcp and 3-ho-pcp have no such activity and i dont find them stimulating..

As far as opioids go, i never experienced euphoria from them so i sincerely doubt i'd get addicted.

I never really experimented so much, but I find kratom to be great for running either before or after the run.

Stimulation, analgesia.

Just works well. Also much less dangerous and more manageable than most other drugs.

Anything with caffeine in it.
You could also find something that works as a lactate buffer so you can go for longer. These work on the superficial level by increasing mental effects and maybe decreasing physical by a little but nothing too drastic.

It all depends on your level.
Someone who can run a 6 minute mile will find it way more comfortable than someone who runs a 9 minute mile, with or without supplements. Its all about experience and developing the base for your cardio before you can really talk about supplements. Even if you took speed and went running you would get out of it a run that was not miles apart from a run without it at a beginner level. Dont take speed. It was just an example.

When you are talking about increasing your performance with supplements you are into a whole new world altogether and one that for cardio gets tricky, and somewhat dangerous if you dont know what you are doing. This is when you are already at a decent level and want to push for exceptional achievements ie competing, hitting PRs, high level of fitness and performance etc. You can avoid this area for a very long time and most people dont need to be entertaining this possibility ever.

Caffeine, creatine, maltodextrin, sugar.
Smoking weed can give you a boost but if you are inhaling smoke then you are hindering yourself with lung capacity and overall health.

Anything with caffeine in it.
beware of having to pee away all your hydration

I can't recommend LSD as something one should consistently use in a recreational pattern in conjunction with cardio
LSD is my favorite substance to run on. breathing feels effortless and you just ~float~

- i don't want to take hard stimulants like amphetamine / methylphenidate due to cardiovascular stress.
a low dose of amphetamine (i.e. 5-10 mg) would not really be that hard on your heart and it most certainly will open up your airways

i would generally lean towards a drug with some stimulant action, but i can see the draw of opioids or thc for analgesic purposes

LSD is my favorite substance to run on. breathing feels effortless and you just ~float~

a low dose of amphetamine (i.e. 5-10 mg) would not really be that hard on your heart and it most certainly will open up your airways

i would generally lean towards a drug with some stimulant action, but i can see the draw of opioids or thc for analgesic purposes
I like ephedrine sulfate. Definitely opens the airways (it is an asthma med lol), doesn't give me euphoria, and just enough stimulation to push myself without that "over stimmed" weak feeling.

I like ephedrine sulfate. Definitely opens the airways (it is an asthma med lol), doesn't give me euphoria, and just enough stimulation to push myself without that "over stimmed" weak feeling.
I’ll have to try that sometime. I’ve used pseudoephedrine but I don’t find it very effective

Eating cannabis might be the ticket. Supposed to be jiujitsu tournaments for people high as fuck on cannabis.

I smoke bud before I workout every time. But I guess I forget that cuz I smoke bud before everything, I’m never not high.

When I quit cannabis for a couple months once, my exercise routine went to shit.

-GC

I smoke bud before I workout every time. But I guess I forget that cuz I smoke bud before everything, I’m never not high.

When I quit cannabis for a couple months once, my exercise routine went to shit.

-GC
Do you find that the actual act of smoking can hinder a workout? I love a good joint but I get pretty horrid cotton mouth and phlegm when I smoke instead of vaporize, especially before a cardio sesh

Sorry to necro this thread but since i posted this thread i've tried MANY drugs in the meantime and have gotten a lot of experience.

- first of all taking any psychedelic for heavy, everyday exercise is just disgusting, since they are of the most amazing drugs and would not want to build up tolerance.

- weed not only spaces you out, but is also bad for your breathing while exercising.

- haven't taken opioids for this, but they work only on chronic pain and if you do happen to take enough you'll be nodding.

- benzos are somewhat decent for low intensity exercise, but for SERIOUS training you'd have to take a lot of them and then you would rather relax rather than workout

- any kind of real stimulant is obviously a heavy no-go for obvious reasons. Just no.

So we're back at PCP and it' analogues, they're after all anaesthetic. By far the best was 3-meo-pcp which is very sober like with great motor control accuracy, also no psychedelic effects and just focus. heavy cardio pain suppression is simply unparalleled, would not try it with resistance training due to serious risk of injury. Past few weeks i've started exercising again, began using it for long distance and today i easily did 30km in 2 sets on heaviest setting. Of course proper nutrition is very very important when you're straining your body this much. But sadly 3-meo-pcp is no longer available.

Luckily i have 3-me-pcp, which is imo a lot more psychedelic and you start to think too much a
Sorry to necro this thread but since i posted this thread i've tried MANY drugs in the meantime and have gotten a lot of experience.

- first of all taking any psychedelic for heavy, everyday exercise is just disgusting, since they are of of the most amazing drugs and would not want to build up tolerance.

- weed not only spaces you out, but is also bad for your breathing while exercising.

- haven't taken opioids for this, but they work only on chronic pain and if you do happen to take enough you'll be nodding.

- benzos are somewhat decentish for low intensity exercise, but for SERIOUS training you'd have to take a lot of them and then you would rather relax rather than workout

- any kind of real stimulant is obviously a heavy no-go for obvious reasons. Just no.

So we're back at PCP and it's analogues. By far the best was 3-meo-pcp which is very sober like with great motor control accuracy, also no psychedelic effects and just focus. heavy cardio pain supression is simply unparalleled, would not try it with resistance training due to serious risk of injury. Past few weeks i've started exercising again, began using it for long distance and today i easily did 30km in 2 sets on heaviest setting. Of course proper nutrition is very very important when you're straining your body this much. But sadly 3-meo-pcp is no longer available.

Luckily i have 3-me-pcp, which is imo a lot more psychedelic and you start to think too much about stuff and people in your life, which distracts you and makes you less focused. Also i wouldn't interact with people 4-5 hours after insufflation because it hits HARD and people will notice.

That being said, bad news is antagonizing NMDA receptors leads to lower glutamate which may lead to lower and very important growth hormone which we all know is very important for recovery. I try to compensate this with heavy GABA supplementation (btw QUALITY GABA and quality megnesium before sleep make wonders for recovery) since GABA also increases growth hormone and aids recovery.

I hope @GrymReefer can shine some more light into this.

Last edited:
I find kratom to be amazing for cardio

the combination of analgesia, adrenal and stimulatory effects make running effortless and fun

I'm an avid runner and it's started to become a necessity in my running and sort of an issue

I'm shocked kratom is not currently banned in international competition sports, it's that good

- benzos are somewhat decentish for low intensity exercise, but for SERIOUS training you'd have to take a lot of them and then you would rather relax rather than workout
interesting

alprazolam obliterated my ability to play basketball, however it was really my coordination that it killed more than anything

definitely kills dexterity but I'm not sure about power and basic exercise

heh

yeah, I've marked my local running trail with pee like a dog so many times

caffeine makes me have to pee mid run

I worked out semi-regularly when I was addicted to tramadol & heroin.

Both always made me wanna get up and do things, like "responsible" things even, like clean the house or take a super long walk or lift weights. Of course I was also happy too just sitting around nodding out to music, but something about these 2 opioids just really made being active feel so tactile and effortless. Which of course is also great for confidence.

I could easily out perform my coworkers some days. I often wondered "is this what people without major depression & anxiety feel like?"

I don't consider myself an ugly person, but ever since I stopped doing tramadol & heroin, I rarely get any confidence boosts when I look in the mirror or anything. And taking on a physical task is daunting. It's kind of depressing actually, as opioids made me able to be who I wanted to be & to do & see things in ways that I am inhibited from when sober.

I use to be able to get a more milder form of this "motivation / confidence boost" when I started buprenorphine, but it quickly switches over to actually making me feel more lazy once you've been on it long enough. Where as with tramadol & heroin, I got the effect daily every time I dosed.

This is one issue I have with the maintenance opioids, as they lose a lot of these effects pretty quickly. Ones like tramadol & heroin of course have tolerance issues too, but the effects are more consistent since your blood levels will drop sooner than if you were constantly saturated with it. This ends up making the maintenance opioids very potent & powerful long acting narcotics, with longer withdrawal syndromes, but with absolutely none of the positive benefits that the rest of the opioids carry (variable, but you get what I mean). So basically it's okay if I wanna take potent opioids legally, as long as I can't feel good from them. lol Oh no, DI88 is feeling symptoms of "well-being" and "increased confidence", some one get him to the ER quick!!

Beware though, I use to work out so hard on tramadol & then once withdrawals came, that sore body from working out got amplified by like x50

I tell ya one thing tho, no psyche med (and I've been on many) has ever given me confidence, well-being or motivation. Funny how that works.

Last edited:
Like @Snafu in the Void, I am a long time, avid runner. I have been running on 40mg oxycodone for years. My long runs are 12-15 miles and I probably couldn’t run that far without it (which kind of bothers me).

The trick is to not get addicted and to not keep increasing doses. For some reason, I never found opioids that recreational so I don’t get addicted. I don’t use oxy for shorter runs so I’m only taking 40mg twice a week.

Do you find that the actual act of smoking can hinder a workout? I love a good joint but I get pretty horrid cotton mouth and phlegm when I smoke instead of vaporize, especially before a cardio sesh

Missed this a long time ago. For me only slightly if it’s a strain that causes a more intense blood pressure increase but I always keep each smoke session to 1 hit so I’m never usually hurting for breath.

In the end any detriment is vastly outweighed by the benefit it gives.

-GC

May be too old fashioned.but years ago my .....liquid for cardio was plain water....with minerals good too