Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

⫸STICKY⫷ ** Beta version of a new TR database searching system is live! **

thujone

Bluelight Crew
connecting the data should be fine, I could send responses as JSON so it's just { title: link, ... } and the presentation can be handled on this end. that's probably the trickier part anyway

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
connecting the data should be fine, I could send responses as JSON so it's just { title: link, ... } and the presentation can be handled on this end. that's probably the trickier part anyway

That would be fantastic, if you could. I've got no issues writing that functionality client-side on here. Unless XF disallows external ajax URLs but I would be very surprised if that were the case... in fact I can't even see how that would be possible, short of stripping out any script code in the forum templates, but I already know it doesn't do that.

Just send me the necessary info once you've made that change, thanks man!

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Hey y'all, please note the new "find reports by search term" control in the forum header. This uses thujone's excellent TR forum search API to return all reports matching any search term you put in. It's light years ahead of the shitty search functionality built into the forum software. Enjoy. :)

Let me know if anything isn't working. I'm gonna make it look a little nicer soon but no more time today.

thujone

Bluelight Crew
the TRS backend has fallen over a few times these past few days, so some may have noticed no results returned.

it happens because the server has only 128MB of RAM and the TRS app is the first to be sacrificed when the limit is reached.

it's running now, and i'm doing some optimization to hopefully keep it always below the limit.