Bitch, rant and rave about your work / uni day.

Ds

Bluelight Crew
Come here to raise hell about your work or studies.

I've been clocking out with 16hrs a day since Monday, and I just want to relax, but that shit aint happening. :/

So how about you?

Just getting off work, and the last thing of the day, was 2 angry people raising hell at me because I had my truck in their yard. Were they pissed, we were able to finish the job.

Just getting off work, and the last thing of the day, was 2 angry people raising hell at me because I had my truck in their yard. Were they pissed, we were able to finish the job.
Damn D's, that sucks. You have it way worse than me.

My only rant is there is a new guy at work and not only does he refuse to listen or accept advice/suggestions, he has the nerve to try to tell me how I could do my job better. And he sucks at what he does!@

had to do faecal egg sampling today at collage, it was shit.

honestly tho it was the grossest thing i have ever done. you have to weigh out two grams of fresh sheep shit, mix it with salt water and then smooch it through a sieve with your fucking finger, and take that shit water and put it under a Macmaster Grid and look at the shit water under a microscope looking for parasites.

honestly I'm fine with shit mostly, I just don't want to play around with it.

also i got splashed in the face with shit water.

It was 110 degrees today w/ heat index, and I'm sure @JoshLobbs can relate, working in a field with not a lic of shade anywhere except next to your hot ass work truck with no AC.
Not to mention, I wore pants today that were insulated. Like with a down or something (the warm cloth that isn't wool).
I'm like, why am I so fucking hor and I've never wanted to take my pants off until today, co worker was like 'dude how the fuck are you wearing thermal pants? Fuck if I know, these pants were on sale .

I use 2 of those 'snap' cool rags, have a ' indiana and the jones?' hat 🤠 😭

Not mention, I smoke so much weed at work that I swear between going delirious baking in the sun, and getting baked in the sun usually ends with me like randomly staring at shit and walk towards it. I've had to reel myself back because I'm like 'why am i walking towards that creek' , and if I don't stop myself, I will get naked and get in the creek.

So I shock myself sometimes intentionally by touching an electric fence, not because I want to see if it's on, but because I want to experience pain, and my God, it's almost a daily occurrence.
I'm sick as fuck.

I remember one time I was on a towboat in Houston Bay and I had been chipping and grinding rust all day in 100°F+ heat. I was covered in rust dust and chips from head to toe and when I got off work at 11am I took my shirt off and jumped right into Houston Bay.

My coworker was like, "There are sharks in there!" And I was like "so what, haven't you ever been to the beach? There are sharks there too."

Apparently he hadn't but swimming off the side of a towboat in saltwater when it was SOOO hot and I was covered in rust chips and dust was SUPER DUPER refreshing.

I feel ya with the 16 hours days. That's rough. We worked 84 hours a week, 9 months a year living on the boat, plus off time pay the other three months a year through the union.

What a great job!! I miss the river. I got fired after two years because I showed up to crew change drunk and then failed a drug test.

It was 110 degrees today w/ heat index, and I'm sure @JoshLobbs can relate, working in a field with not a lic of shade anywhere except next to your hot ass work truck with no AC.
Not to mention, I wore pants today that were insulated. Like with a down or something (the warm cloth that isn't wool).
I'm like, why am I so fucking hor and I've never wanted to take my pants off until today, co worker was like 'dude how the fuck are you wearing thermal pants? Fuck if I know, these pants were on sale .

I use 2 of those 'snap' cool rags, have a ' indiana and the jones?' hat 🤠 😭

Not mention, I smoke so much weed at work that I swear between going delirious baking in the sun, and getting baked in the sun usually ends with me like randomly staring at shit and walk towards it. I've had to reel myself back because I'm like 'why am i walking towards that creek' , and if I don't stop myself, I will get naked and get in the creek.

So I shock myself sometimes intentionally by touching an electric fence, not because I want to see if it's on, but because I want to experience pain, and my God, it's almost a daily occurrence.
I'm sick as fuck.
Long pants do help repel the ticks and poison ivy but the extra insulation, well, looks like you found out about that part :itsfine2:

Holy shit 40°C degree weather how are you not dead. Hottest it gets here is 30°C.

Hope you stayed hydrated, and wore plenty of sun cream.

Holy shit 40°C degree weather how are you not dead. Hottest it gets here is 30°C.

Hope you stayed hydrated, and wore plenty of sun cream.
Fuck I jinxed it. Now we are getting 40°C over in the uk. Fml Britain isn't used to the weather not being grey. ppl are going to die from heat stroke.

i dont shave cats anymore, but i was shaken by the condition of these munchkins and felt called to face my fear(cat skin is tricky), they are chubby and bright eyed, but severely matted, im nervous, but shall remain calm and get it done but its been on my mind all day, i was bitten 20 yrs ago, and my thumb still does not bend at the first joint, fell quite ill, wish me luck!
Angry Cat GIF

i dont shave cats anymore, but i was shaken by the condition of these munchkins and felt called to face my fear(cat skin is tricky), they are chubby and bright eyed, but severely matted, im nervous, but shall remain calm and get it done but its been on my mind all day, i was bitten 20 yrs ago, and my thumb still does not bend at the first joint, fell quite ill, wish me luck!
Angry Cat GIF
How is cat skin hard to shave?
(Not a rhetorical question I am just curious about shaving cats.)

well cat skin is very stretchy, even the tiniest of nicks open wide when you let go of it, elderly cats skin gets crepey and catches in the blades, but i do have a bravura clipper that is a god send on cats , its an art really, to shave their privates, tummy , arm pits and tail....then the bath! but they are in good hands.

I do have a bravura clipper that is a god send on cats , its an art really
Oh I would have thought a razor would be better, cause it's like not going spook the cat with the noise.

I guess there's more than one way to shave a cat.

So their skin is quite loose and elastic, that sounds bloody awkward. That and they have a (stubborn) mind of their own. Good luck fam.

more and more responsibility at work, now in charge of 7-9 projects/events per week on top of regular work
apparently a reward for being good at it

well thanks. more work - and without a pay raise. ofc how can i get a pay raise if the government pays for my job :poop:
just what i wanted for Christmas

just ranting, I love my work, it's just a bit much atm

My feet this afternoon after climbing/hooking, 15 utility poles today,

EX3tjOV.jpg

That's after dropping my dog off at vet and picking her up.

It rained all day in Kentucky, btw.

I was holding out for 3 hours last night waiting for a client email about a campaign launch that was supposed to happen yesterday. I say wait because I was ready to start popping some Friday night beers and other fun stuff. They get back to me saying that they're super busy and will just jump on a call with me Monday.

Haha. Not the worst, but 3 hours of relaxation time is a pure blessing for me as I hit regular 10-14 hour days working the biz.

man i been busting my ass for reals.
mf takin it aint all about money bitch you dont pay my phone bill its not a chain. lol we all got bills if we are on grid.
all she say penny this dollar that always money money money. yeah i texted her that so wtf ever.
:cool: