• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Black Seed Oil is AMAZING

Damn 12 hour day today, black seed only helped so much in the morning

I want to give this stuff a go, as well. My use of kratom has ramped up so much since last September, when I was only taking 2g. (I’ve been trying to figure out what this pain is and why, and I think I’m narrowing it down but no official diagnosis yet. Hopefully soon…and at that point I may have stronger opiates prescribed if it is what I suspect it is) but the kratom has all these other alkaloids in it as well and I swear they’re doing some screwy stuff. Would be great if I could cut back without a significant pain increase.

also - adding ultra low dose naltrexone (25mcg 1 hour before opioid dose) will make things much easier as well.

ToyuI7d.jpg

I found this. Is this good? How much? Think it’ll potentiate bupe? Can I take it with GABA? Should I take some after I smoke some shatter and see if it makes meh happy?
EDIT: I didn't order this because of this thread but I found an unopened bottle in my moms medicine cabinet. Now how much to get me lifted 😂💯😲😵

Last edited:
Ok, mine arrives this morning. Definitely has a distinct motor oil smell and tastes pretty bad. I noticed it was a lot easier to consume if I put it in a glass of water and just neck that, seems to go down much easier. Let's see how I get on then! I may also try using it on my son's eczema topically, but I'll look into it before I do this just in case.

So I got some of the oil and it's pretty disgusting and did not feel anything like MDMA or anything much at all really. I assume that's because it lowered your kratom tolerance to where the Kratom felt like MDMA @BourbonMac?
How much of a well branded, we'll review, 3-7x oil should I use? The bottle says 1-2 teaspoons daily.
I'll keep taking it for the health benefits, and because the effects might build up over time, but I didn't really read anything about it improving mood online, just helping with numerous health conditions like blood pressure and weight loss. Dunno if this thread title is a little bit misleading, but time will tell I suppose.

I recently tried this oil but I didn't like how it made me feel. It seemed to make me feel my emotions less.

So I got some of the oil and it's pretty disgusting and did not feel anything like MDMA or anything much at all really. I assume that's because it lowered your kratom tolerance to where the Kratom felt like MDMA @BourbonMac?
How much of a well branded, we'll review, 3-7x oil should I use? The bottle says 1-2 teaspoons daily.
I'll keep taking it for the health benefits, and because the effects might build up over time, but I didn't really read anything about it improving mood online, just helping with numerous health conditions like blood pressure and weight loss. Dunno if this thread title is a little bit misleading, but time will tell I suppose.

Yeah it definitely doesn't feel like MDMA.

It is has no recreational effects. If i had to compare it to a known substance I'd say maybe like an extremely low dose of gabapentin, with perhaps some CBD. So very subtle. Or even imperceptible.

But it becomes a bit more notable when combined with kratom. Does seem to help reduce kratom usages. Most notably, it seems allow you to go longer in between doses with more ease. Reduces some of the restless of opioid withdrawal as well. All fairly mildly, and eventually this effect goes away mostly as you get used to it.

ToyuI7d.jpg

I found this. Is this good? How much? Think it’ll potentiate bupe? Can I take it with GABA? Should I take some after I smoke some shatter and see if it makes meh happy?
EDIT: I didn't order this because of this thread but I found an unopened bottle in my moms medicine cabinet. Now how much to get me lifted 😂💯😲😵

Will only get you lifted if you boof it.

Seriously though, there is no high to it. Won't get you lifted. Might make you sleepy and give you a body buzz the first few times, at most. If you drink enough you'll definitely get heartburn though, that's pretty much guaranteed.

Yeah it definitely doesn't feel like MDMA.

It is has no recreational effects. If i had to compare it to a known substance I'd say maybe like an extremely low dose of gabapentin, with perhaps some CBD. So very subtle. Or even imperceptible.

But it becomes a bit more notable when combined with kratom. Does seem to help reduce kratom usages. Most notably, it seems allow you to go longer in between doses with more ease. Reduces some of the restless of opioid withdrawal as well. All fairly mildly, and eventually this effect goes away mostly as you get used to it.
Thanks man. I'll persevere with it though as the health benefits do sound good. Not looking for a high with it anyway but was hoping it could help lower tolerance to opioids in general.
It tastes kind of like celery when mixed with water. I'd urge anyone taking the oil off a teaspoon to try it that way. As it's an oil it kinda fragments in the water and you can just chug it all down far easier.

I wasn't on kratom at the time of posting this thread or the first time I tried the BSO. It does take hours before you'll even really feel anything. When it does interact with kratom, it just makes the kratom extremely sedating to the point of actually being overwhelming at times, so I actually don't use it all that often like the night before a dose lol. When 3g lasted all day and felt like 10g, I realized it was just too much. I just wanted the kratom to wear off but it wouldn't. 3g was generally my average dose at the time and would get me pretty good so I already had a lowish tolerance, but this was ridiculous. I can't tell if it had a potentiation or if it just reduced my tolerance in general, but given it extended the effects that severely, probably potentiation.

I guess the only reason I could've compared it to MDMA at that point is because it tends to help me feel normal in a way nothing else can. I hadn't tried MDMA at that point which is why I said I only imagined that's how it felt. It was just such an incredible feeling to feel "normal" that I reacted in an intense way. I did try MDMA a month and a half later and do think there are similarities but only because of myself as an individual. MDMA helped free me of various bad effects of my own mental illness and was naturally like 100 times more intense than the BSO alone, but the fact that the BSO was able to make me feel that good is really telling.

So saying, this won't affect everyone the same way. For some people it might not do anything at all. For people suffering from mental illness, it can certainly help a lot, but tolerance does build. I recommended it to a friend awhile back and he also noted feeling quite elated compared to normal. I went into it my first time with no expectation, just thought it would help lower my tolerance. If you're going to use it to lower a kratom tolerance it's best done like 6-8 hours beforehand, because the active metabolites take awhile to fully break down and stay active for about 12 hours. Usually like 4 hours after I'd take it I'd start to feel more relaxed, though.

I busted out my pure thymoquinone powder last night for the first time in awhile, it definitely chilled me out quite a bit. Was feeling a lot less anxiety than usual. The oil contains some other stuff though as far as I'm aware and I'd have to try the actual oil again. It also may have lost potency from it getting so cold in my kitchen.

I can't say what brands might be better or worse than others, I just know the very first time when I took the Spring Valley brand from Walmart my first time, I couldn't believe how focused and good I felt. The focus was far better than any ADHD meds (which I despise). But yeah, mileage may vary. You can find a lot of posts online, especially Reddit about how much this plant has helped some, but it won't just help everyone. I re-iterate that if you suffer from depression, anxiety, etc. that it would be most prominent. This isn't something that will get you high or buzzed and shouldn't be treated as such. It's definitely great for opioid withdrawal though.

So the stuff I got said it was 3-7x concentrated @BourbonMac and the bottle said 1 tsp twice a day. Should I follow that or try a larger dose? I do suffer from anxiety, not all the time but some days it's pretty severe. Maybe I could try a large dose on one of those days? It had great reviews on the site I got it from and certainly tastes like you described!

Also, do you think I'm perhaps diluting the effects by drinking it in water? Do you perhaps get more out of it by getting it partially sublingually absorbing it? Dunno if I could handle that haha

I don't think sublingual would make a difference really. I'm not sure which brand you're using, the Spring Valley one I got originally said 1 teaspoon and it was 5g or 5000mg, which is actually quite a lot. I'd only had 1g of the gel caps when I made this post though I guess I had used a teaspoon-ish around 12 hours before and maybe there was some level of stacking going on.

Most people that I've read dilute it with honey, it does work well this way. I'd see if you feel any level of elation from the recommended dose. Tolerance to some of the positive effects does build, so it might be wise to take more on a day with particularly bad anxiety.

Again YMMV, it won't work the same for everybody, similar to L-theanine I suppose. Some find it incredibly useful for anxiety, depression, etc. but I only ever found minimal relief from it. To those black seed oil does work for, it works really, really well and you can find quite a few reddit posts talking about this. I took my first amount of my thymoquinone powder (the main ingredient) -- an extract I bought from an online vendor, and I slept better than I've slept in about 5 months. Sure enough, I see a study about how it improves sleep quality. There's no coincidence there, I mean I haven't felt this refreshed in so long. I've been an insomniac mess for months on end. As far as what brand is better I really have no idea, I'd think the oil is just the oil and that's it, but I can't really say.

I don't know why I stopped taking it, it's almost like I forgot about it completely until replies to this thread have come about a lot recently, but otherwise I did have plans to take it sometimes and would forget. The powder is extremely harsh, thing the taste/burn of fireball multiplied by 100, and I kept forgetting to buy juice or something because it's critical to mix with something like that. That vendor does have capsules but they're more expensive. I see one post on reddit about using the powder sublingual but that sounds impossible. I mean, this guy must have zero sense of taste lol. Though he used tiny amounts, like 30mg which would be very, very little. I only found one other post about using the actual oil sublingual and someone said it sped things up a little but there isn't really much on this.

So the stuff I got said it was 3-7x concentrated @BourbonMac and the bottle said 1 tsp twice a day. Should I follow that or try a larger dose? I do suffer from anxiety, not all the time but some days it's pretty severe. Maybe I could try a large dose on one of those days? It had great reviews on the site I got it from and certainly tastes like you described!
So'd you end up trying it? Just curious. Maybe you could tell me what brand it is. A friend of mine got some supercharged oil with like, way more thymoquinone than most and I wasn't sure if yours was the same, he got his off Amazon.

I'm pretty surprised how much calmer I've been in the evenings the last few days of taking it. Sometimes it's just subtle, but any good feeling is a good feeling.

@BourbonMac - Actually I did try 2 teaspoons this morning and I dunno if it's just cos it was a nice, sunny, snowy morning, but I felt great and was smiling a lot. Hmmmmm...