• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Black Seed Oil is AMAZING

About half an hour I think! Weird thing that happens is I get this strange cold flushing feeling in my hands... I was definitely affected @BourbonMac. Not intoxicated by any means, but I just felt unnaturally "good".

As far as I'm aware it should take 2 hours minimum until you'd notice a difference but there's honestly no data on it, I just know it takes me a few hours to actually notice anything and my metabolism is insane. If you had a physical reaction though then I wouldn't doubt it probably did do something.

All I know is that I have vague memories on a kratom subreddit page that said the metabolite is active for 8-12 hours, and in my experience I only ever noticed mood lift either from the oil or the powdered thymoquinone extract by about 3 hours after. Usually I wasn't thinking about it, half the time I'd forget I'd taken it and wonder why I suddenly feel so calm, then I remember I'd taken this 3-4 hours earlier.

I've never taken it on an empty stomach though except for the very first time with the oil and my stomach did not like that. I'm vague on it, but I think I did notice something within 1 hour. Was working so I wasn't paying too much attention but looking back I do think I noticed something. Stomach again did not like it though lol. At the end of my shift I bought a Twix, ate just one half and immediately my stomachache went away.

I know I was closing at work and took it close to 8:30 on my last break, closed at 10:00, and on my way home I realized I had this immense level of focus unlike stimulants. It felt like natural focus, like how someone with ADHD perceives things, and by the time I got home I was floored at the realization that this stuff was why, and my mood continued to improve substantially in the next hour.

I just couldn't believe some random oil I bought from Walmart to reduce my kratom tolerance alone was responsible for these effects. Tasted it on my tongue for literal days though... always dilute with some honey lol, anything. I just put it onto a spoon, it was probably a little more than a tsp, and put it down thinking it couldn't be that bad, and it really wasn't, but it was gross for sure and not having any Gatorade or something sweet to chase it down is perhaps a part of why I tasted it for like 2 days. I also wasn't brushing my teeth very much during that timeframe which I'm sure also contributes. I think that brand in particular might've also just tasted worse. As far as I'm aware the oil has some other stuff besides just thymoquinone that could maybe contribute better mood, like omegas. The one I got had omega 3, 6 and 9, 3 and 9 are well documented in helping with depression and such.

I'm still not sure which brand you used though. The dose was 1 tsp on mine as well which was 5g, but you don't really know the thymoquinone content unless specified. I use a 10% thymoquinone extract and the dose is as low as 0.2g. The Walmart stuff must've had a decent amount given the effects I got, and if you had 2 tsp at the same 5g dose that might explain why you felt it faster or had a cold feeling in your hand but I'm just guessing.

As far as I'm aware it should take 2 hours minimum until you'd notice a difference but there's honestly no data on it, I just know it takes me a few hours to actually notice anything and my metabolism is insane. If you had a physical reaction though then I wouldn't doubt it probably did do something.

All I know is that I have vague memories on a kratom subreddit page that said the metabolite is active for 8-12 hours, and in my experience I only ever noticed mood lift either from the oil or the powdered thymoquinone extract by about 3 hours after. Usually I wasn't thinking about it, half the time I'd forget I'd taken it and wonder why I suddenly feel so calm, then I remember I'd taken this 3-4 hours earlier.

I've never taken it on an empty stomach though except for the very first time with the oil and my stomach did not like that. I'm vague on it, but I think I did notice something within 1 hour. Was working so I wasn't paying too much attention but looking back I do think I noticed something. Stomach again did not like it though lol. At the end of my shift I bought a Twix, ate just one half and immediately my stomachache went away.

I know I was closing at work and took it close to 8:30 on my last break, closed at 10:00, and on my way home I realized I had this immense level of focus unlike stimulants. It felt like natural focus, like how someone with ADHD perceives things, and by the time I got home I was floored at the realization that this stuff was why, and my mood continued to improve substantially in the next hour.

I just couldn't believe some random oil I bought from Walmart to reduce my kratom tolerance alone was responsible for these effects. Tasted it on my tongue for literal days though... always dilute with some honey lol, anything. I just put it onto a spoon, it was probably a little more than a tsp, and put it down thinking it couldn't be that bad, and it really wasn't, but it was gross for sure and not having any Gatorade or something sweet to chase it down is perhaps a part of why I tasted it for like 2 days. I also wasn't brushing my teeth very much during that timeframe which I'm sure also contributes. I think that brand in particular might've also just tasted worse. As far as I'm aware the oil has some other stuff besides just thymoquinone that could maybe contribute better mood, like omegas. The one I got had omega 3, 6 and 9, 3 and 9 are well documented in helping with depression and such.

I'm still not sure which brand you used though. The dose was 1 tsp on mine as well which was 5g, but you don't really know the thymoquinone content unless specified. I use a 10% thymoquinone extract and the dose is as low as 0.2g. The Walmart stuff must've had a decent amount given the effects I got, and if you had 2 tsp at the same 5g dose that might explain why you felt it faster or had a cold feeling in your hand but I'm just guessing.

I notice it's effect rather quickly, 30 minutes or so

I wonder why it takes so much longer for me then. I mean my metabolism is so fast that if I ate 400mg of edibles on an empty stomach it would do zero, my body destroys the edibles before the delta-9 can be converted into 11-hydroxy. I could also be that the powder is different and has a more delayed onset but I can't really say. I am pretty sure the actual oil when I'd first taken it did work within an hour so maybe the oil just works faster. When I made this thread, I'd only taken 1g rather than the 5g that's suggested in the oils, they were liquid caps full of the oil. Perhaps it just took a lot longer to notice then due to the fact that I'd taken a smaller amount or something.

That, or I have some paradoxical reaction to where a fast metabolism makes it take longer? The oil for sure kicks in faster, the powder I've noticed does not. I don't see why the liquid capsules would've taken so long but I guess I did eat, empty stomach I'm sure it'd all hit quicker.

I started experimenting with black seed oil again. There is definitely a very noticeable mood boost almost immediately after taking it. I've been using 5-7ml of oil. There also seems to be a mild analgesic effect. I was feeling inflammation from drinking the night prior and it helped with that.

I wouldn't describe it as "amazing", but in terms of natural products you can pick up at any store it's pretty great. I'm definitely going to start taking it again.

Lots of anecdotes about it potentiating kratom. I'm not sure. It definitely pairs well with it and makes the dose hit a little harder. Makes me crave less. This effect seemed stronger on the 2nd day. Will experiment more.

I don't know if it's the fact I've not been using other drugs for a while, but it appears to pair well with methadone too. Could partially be the mood boost/analgesia, could also be the extra oil/fat on my stomach helping the absorption a little. Could be part of why it potentiates karton too?

could also be the extra oil/fat on my stomach helping the absorption a little. Could be part of why it potentiates karton too?
Possibly. I've read that fatty foods can potentiate kratom, but haven't looked into it myself.

I started experimenting with black seed oil again. There is definitely a very noticeable mood boost almost immediately after taking it. I've been using 5-7ml of oil. There also seems to be a mild analgesic effect. I was feeling inflammation from drinking the night prior and it helped with that.
Perfect thanks for chiming in Snafu. I am about to try this myself and get myself down from 25 gr of kratom a day to half that for a time. And your testimonial weighs a lot.

I also think a small of amount of DXM helps with whatever alkaloid in kratom that acts like that in a weak way. Just guessing though. But it helped when I quit once. Just like 30 mgs. But I am excited to try the black seed oil.

Perfect thanks for chiming in Snafu. I am about to try this myself and get myself down from 25 gr of kratom a day to half that for a time. And your testimonial weighs a lot.

I also think a small of amount of DXM helps with whatever alkaloid in kratom that acts like that in a weak way. Just guessing though. But it helped when I quit once. Just like 30 mgs. But I am excited to try the black seed oil.
It seems to work a lot better if you take black seed oil at least 3-4 hours before dosing kratom. That's working better for me than taking it 30 minutes before.

I definitely feel quite strong potentiation today. Almost too strong. My usual 7g dose made me a little dizzy and a hint of nausea. It's lasting a lot longer, too.

It's a potent CYP 2d6 and 3a4 inhibitor, so just be aware it could interact with a wide range of medications.

Last edited:
Yeah this is exactly why I avoid it before kratom, I don't know why the hell it seems to make it so much stronger to the point where it becomes uncomfortable and lasts the entire day. I'm fine with milder effects for 3-4 hours. Taking the BSO 4-8 hours kratom it's like I've taken a kratom extract or something.

I have bso in capsules and even so you can still feel foul taste, and I’m not sensitive about things like that usually but can imagine how bad it’s without capsules. Solution for this is mint oil. For both taste, after-taste and burps, for last one isn’t 100% but still better than oil alone. I take a lot of supplements so it’s hard to tell how good it works alone but I didn’t take any opioid for days and think it really does something. I’m about to drink some poppy pod tea and maybe I’ll feel more “magic” than if I didn’t used it regularly for quite a bit now, that’ll be hard to tell objectively but still...

The burps do go away after you take it for a little while, your stomach just has to adjust. I found this out with the oily capsules at least.
Whether or not it potentiates the poppy seed tea would depend on when you took the black seed oil, peak effect would probably be 4 hours after. It takes awhile for thymoquinone to fully break down in the body even if you might feel a certain clarity by itself sooner. The active metabolite lasts from 8-12 hours.

I've read about it potentiating other opioids but it seems to do this most strongly with kratom from my research. Why, I have no idea. Maybe because kratom isn't as strong as other opioids and it makes it feel as strong as them, which is entirely why I don't use it before kratom anymore, it becomes too damn powerful, like a good dose of Oxy that ends up lasting 10 hours. Oxy is nice, but I like a lighter kratom high more.

The interaction between kratom and black seed oil is likely due to overlapping mechanism (both act as VDCC inhibitors). The addition of black seed oil doesn't really potentiate kratom in the true sense (at least not in this regard) but rather produces an "additive" effect. Most opioids don't act as VDCC inhibitors so the combination isn't as pronounced.

Most if not all of the analgesic effects of thymoquinone are a result of VDCC inhibition. I remember reading that thymoquinone had an IC50 in the low single digit micromolar range (lower than gabapentin) in terms of its ability to inhibit calcium influx through L-type calcium channels, which likely behind most of its analgesic effects (and also why kratom feels stronger when combined with bso).

So the stuff I got said it was 3-7x concentrated @BourbonMac and the bottle said 1 tsp twice a day. Should I follow that or try a larger dose? I do suffer from anxiety, not all the time but some days it's pretty severe. Maybe I could try a large dose on one of those days? It had great reviews on the site I got it from and certainly tastes like you described!
I normally take 1 gram at a time of my extract. But that comes in little gel capsules. I think that's the recommended dose. Not all extracts are the same though so idk. I wouldn't think you'd need to go over the recommended dose really but some people need more than others. 500mg of my stuff doesn't help with opioid withdrawal as much as a gram in my experience so, I ended up having to take more.

Yeah my extract tymoquinone powder is only to be dosed at 0.2g, at most I'll do 0.5g, but it's so potent that it's not worth going beyond that.

Yeah my extract tymoquinone powder is only to be dosed at 0.2g, at most I'll do 0.5g, but it's so potent that it's not worth going beyond that.
Do you notice a tolerance or diminished return over time? I may have to look into that extract.

A tolerance does build, yeah. But it'll always still potentiate kratom and whatnot. It just might not be so relaxing after a week or so of doing it every day, and how much that is really depends on how you might've been feeling before. Even with a tolerance, it does calm me down quite a bit within a few hours. It doesn't happen fast for me like it does for others which is odd given how quickly I metabolize just about anything.

I'm not sure if this is the place to talk about it, probably not, but the thing is that maybe those in this thread may benefit from it better than other threads, at least semi-recent ones... and I don't think it deserves its own thread, at least not yet (more bioassays needed)

So, Im on day 4 of no kratom, this time I was so fucking nervous and stressed so I BARELY tapered, I mean, I taper from +12gpd to 7 in just a couple days (2-3) and then I jumped. Normally I'm not like that but I just kept using it so absurdly cause, you know, "it-feels-good-n-I'm-stressed" attitude.

It wasn't a big mistake but the withdrawal the first 2 days was a bit more rough in terms of sugar blood disbalance (a total wreck to be honest) and in terms of anxiety. I've had worst insomnia other times.. but kratom withdrawal seems quite idiosyncratic, every time it's different (for me, at least).
I just wanted to tell you about a couple things:
-1. a bought some black seed oil, in a hurry, as I noticed that the withdrawal was going to be rougher than usual. So I bought the first I found in a herbshop. Oh well... it has only 0.023% thymoquinone, almost nothing. Even in this case it works quite well, but I needed to take double dose, almost 6 teaspoons a day, instead of 2-3 but well, it works.
-2. this is what I really wanted to tell you: today I tried Rehmannia root something I didn't have big expectations nor anything really, but my blood sugar was stubbornly uncontrolled and I was starting to get nervous and even scared... So well. I took around 7 grams of the root (half "disc") and in about 40 minutes I felt some strange head rush, not strong, but noticeable enough to know that my headspace was changing, a bit like when you do some push ups and then you get the endorphins after the session. My blood sugar finally leveled out after 6 days of irrational wreck.

I also felt better in terms of my adhd, I felt all day more motivated (like, highly motivated) and much more focused. I also took resveratrol but I took resveratrol more than once so I know how it works, perhaps it was synergy, but in anycase, I think that Rehmannia root works nicely to level out things and support the kidneys and adrenals (as it supposed to do). I wasn't expecting shit from it, but I guess I found another interesting herb/supplement against kratom withdrawal. Now it's +6hours since I took it and I feel pretty good, no signs of kratom withdrawal whatsoever.

Just in case someone could be interested.

Just in case someone could be interested.
Totally as I am tapering. Been using some good kratom leaf for years. And I had a bottle of blackseed oil in my hand, was $22.00 and I put it back and came here for more info. lol No issues on the taper yet. But going slow as it has been a while. I think tapering is a must. My wife was eating kratom all day for 6 years, ate a lot. Went cold turkey. FIrst 4 days are like you say. But she then it was two weeks of no energy. But she exercised through it. By one month was back to normal. However dramatic enough to not touch kratom ever again. This was 2012.

@Neuroborean we should start a thread in one of these forums so we can babble. I am tapering and could babble. Thankfully blood sugar is not an issue. But I am totally interested and thanks for posting.