• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Blister packaging - used for fakes?

Fertile

Bluelighter
Someone asked the reasonable question 'do people ever put fake pills in blister packs'.

Now the technology is available but they are relatively slow and require more staff to keep the production-line going. Someone can fill the hopper of a 20 station pill press and 4 hours later come back to 50000 pills. Blister packing needs constant human attention because even with really good ones, expect a snarl up every 20 minutes. In short, you need people there 24/7 if you intend to produce 24/7 whereas with a decent press and large hoppers, someone can just nip in 3 times a day to refill hopper and take away pills.

In effect it puts the maker at a much higher risk. I presume they use webcams and stuff so often the DEA will find a lab or a mill but no people. With this you would have to have 2 or 3 quite low-level people their all the time. People not being paid enough to just take all of the guilt.

Just how cheap have these fake OxyContin 30s got? If you have a product that will wholesale (100,000 pill units) for say $3 per pill then MAYBE you would go that far, but if it's cents per pill then staff will eat into profit and it does sound like Grisham's law is hard at work in the USA.

We’ve seen firsthand fakes on this site in blister packaging. Oxy 30’s never really came in blisters (nor many pharmaceuticals) in the US. If all pills were pressed domestically maybe, but many are done outside the country.

-GC

True. In the US bottles are still the usual but blister packs (also termed 'patient packs') are common in most other developed nations. If you are a legitimate producer you can have 1 guy managing 10 or 12 blister packing machines because production is continuous 24/7/364 but I presume people pilling up fentanyl set up the press in 1 place, run it for a couple of weeks and move it.

Anyone with brains would have new dies made and swap dies at each location so that if the DEA finds a trail of pills going back years, they cannot be tied to a given press. This increases cost and so I don't think people actually do it.

IF you have some really high value product then I guess blister packing is an extra level of authentication that it is YOUR 'genuine' fake. I mean, if someone suddenly had a stack of oxymophone, you would want to protect your brand. I should add that a single 40mg Opana fetches $80-$120 on the street. I don't think they turn up any more.

True. In the US bottles are still the usual but blister packs (also termed 'patient packs') are common in most other developed nations. If you are a legitimate producer you can have 1 guy managing 10 or 12 blister packing machines because production is continuous 24/7/364 but I presume people pilling up fentanyl set up the press in 1 place, run it for a couple of weeks and move it.

Anyone with brains would have new dies made and swap dies at each location so that if the DEA finds a trail of pills going back years, they cannot be tied to a given press. This increases cost and so I don't think people actually do it.

IF you have some really high value product then I guess blister packing is an extra level of authentication that it is YOUR 'genuine' fake. I mean, if someone suddenly had a stack of oxymophone, you would want to protect your brand. I should add that a single 40mg Opana fetches $80-$120 on the street. I don't think they turn up any more.
Blister packs are used in hospitals or clinics here.

I believe in Europe it was so pharmacists couldn't 'accidentally drop' the occasional pill and as long as it's not a CD, they could self-certify it's 'destruction'.

It had to change. The inventory of a large London hospital showed almost half of the dihydrocodeine had been taken by the staff.
One wonders how they managed to keep from nodding off while high on the DHC... :unsure:

Considering how hard they work, they LOOK pretty out of it anyway. Also, being medicos, I PRESUME they just took 30 or 60mg. But I DID know a doctor who was both a health-nut AND and IV morphine user. When he fell off his bike & broke his leg, he had to get the ambulance drivers to go past his home where his partner came out and gave him his 'overnight bag'.

Right now propofol is the in drug with anesthetists. One guy famously had a large bump on his forehead. He would shoot the propofol and faceplant his desk... and 5 minutes later repeat! I daresay it could be acetylated so it would be smokable... and who KNOWS what damage THAT would cause. But I think fentanyl escaped from the operating theatre...

Phenoperidine did NOT and so I'm kind of surprised the Mexicans aren't eyeing up some analogue that would be legal (in Mexico).

So, compare to

Lot of work, lot of money and you NEED unique dies. 20 of them for a 20 station press.

Most fakes that are in blister packs are coming in from Mexico where the cost of the machine is not an issue for the cartels

For coated pills? In the UK coatings are the new thing as is the use of foil blister-packs which carry a security mark. That way, you can trace a pack from factory to pharmacy.

There are always ways, but it is possible to make it very hard to do. I mean, someone has patented pills which chips in them. Tiny things that just output the serial number of THAT pill, but it's all a technology game.

In the 1980s we were pressing MDMA so times have moved on.

I've definitely had fake pills in blister packs and Wedinos (https://www.wedinos.org/) has confirmed it.

Sometimes the printing on the pack looks a little suspicious like it's little askew or faded, other times it looks perfectly legitimate but turned out to be fake. You can never tell just from visuals

If european RC labs can put benzo pills in blisters and charge the same amt they did before per pill (fuckall) we can safely assume a much more expensive pill like oxy wouldnt be a problem.

Have you looked into the myriad of reports of all the different crap being put into this particular brand? From phenazepam to fentanyl to rat poison (but doesn't the media ALWAYS add rat poison).

Moral - Bosnian Benzos BAD.

At least I get etizolam 2mg for £1 and it IS etizolam.

Phenazepam is actually quite nice. Many moons ago used to get blistered Roche branded 'Martin Dow' valium that turned out to be phenaz.. id love to get my hands on them again. Etilaam is quite nice too, but as soon as a batch comes into the city they get snapped up in the blink of an eye.

Dunno what shit was in these but it certainly wasn't alprazolam

That one does look suspicious because the printing is faded, but if you look on the Wedinos results page the majority of Galenika Ksalol that is around in the UK at least is genuine. All the recent ones I've had were genuine

That one does look suspicious because the printing is faded, but if you look on the Wedinos results page the majority of Galenika Ksalol that is around in the UK at least is genuine. All the recent ones I've had were genuine
There was definitely something in them, they passed the wobbly leg test. Alp doesn't do that for me. Probably some RC. That being said, i bought them on impulse but i won't be getting them again. As an aside, galenika diazepam (bensedin) are always genuine here in Dublin and highly sought after.