Recruitment Bluelight is in for big things, and we need your help

Hey everyone, Bluelight needs you!

We're looking for any members who either have the skill OR passion for learning in the following areas to join our new social media team:

- Social Media Management - Someone who can essentially manage a social media page, contribute to it, moderate it, promote it and have community management skills. - Tasks will include creating content based on a broader brand strategy, reporting specific KPIs and having a creative and innovative mind on how to grow that specific platform. Note: If you do not have experience in this field but have a big interest or passion then I would still like to speak to you.

- Graphic Designers - Someone who can create digital graphics. Some creative skills will be needed here as you can't teach that, but I know there are plenty of creative people on Bluelight, and I'd like to speak to you. Tasks will include on brand and guided/briefed social media graphic posts. This role is excellent for anyone interested in graphic design as a potential career or side hustle, as they will be given expert guidance and will be able to build a solid portfolio.

- Content/Copy Writers - In this instance, we are currently only looking for short-form content writers who can take hyper-valuable information from the forum and repurpose it for the correct platform we are posting it on. We will be looking for long-form writers soon, so if you're interested in that, please send a message anyway.

If you're interested in any way, please send @MicDown a DM. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. my name is Zack but I guess the online name I chose to stick with is RoBoInSlowMo. I've been involved with harm reduction for nearly five years now, at least in every way I could be. I think my most notable work has been on Reddit, I've been on there for nearly four years now. I moderate around ~25 communities, a few notable ones being r/Drugs, r/ReagentTesting, r/MDMA, r/LSD and r/Psychonaut. I've done work with many different harm reduction organizations such as reagent testing companies, influencers, psychedelic researchers etc. I've even went as far as reaching out to the makers of a few different HR apps such as KnowDrugs, still in the process of discussing potentially good ideas with them. I've long known about Bluelight, and always been interested in giving the website a shot, actually signed up a few years ago.

I have a lot of good ideas for the website, or would even love to help/increase my impact if possible, please reach out to me of if anything I have mentioned or something similar sounds beneficial in any way! I have both the passion and know-how to make a change, I was once told it's not what you know; but who you know. I am trying to combine the best of both worlds, because no matter how much I know it won't go far if I don't apply myself in right areas. Much love! <3

Reading through these comments is making me concerned about our userbase lmao. I can't help, but best of luck finding someone who can!

Best wishes!

Reading through these comments is making me concerned about our userbase lmao. I can't help, but best of luck finding someone who can!

Best wishes!

I wouldn't be too concerned.

Most people here are pretty bright, creative, like to express themselves.

A wise man once said, "Don't let the kid inside you, dead".

Much appreciate the positivity, this user base is probably looking for someone interesting and I too am hopeful someone else can help

We're looking for any members who either have the skill OR passion for learning in the following areas to join our new social media team:

- Social Media Management - Someone who can essentially manage a social media page, contribute to it, moderate it, promote it and have community management skills. - Tasks will include creating content based on a broader brand strategy, reporting specific KPIs and having a creative and innovative mind on how to grow that specific platform. Note: If you do not have experience in this field but have a big interest or passion then I would still like to speak to you.

- Graphic Designers - Someone who can create digital graphics. Some creative skills will be needed here as you can't teach that, but I know there are plenty of creative people on Bluelight, and I'd like to speak to you. Tasks will include on brand and guided/briefed social media graphic posts. This role is excellent for anyone interested in graphic design as a potential career or side hustle, as they will be given expert guidance and will be able to build a solid portfolio.

- Content/Copy Writers - In this instance, we are currently only looking for short-form content writers who can take hyper-valuable information from the forum and repurpose it for the correct platform we are posting it on. We will be looking for long-form writers soon, so if you're interested in that, please send a message anyway.

If you're interested in any way, please send @MicDown a DM.

Dear Bluelight, I am interested but need more background information. Please e mail me privately.

I wish I had time to do this. But I’m starting back to grad school this semester so I don’t want to take on too much. But I got a degree in graphic design from RIT a very long time ago (lol) and my current job is as a digital media marketer, so…I was actually wondering why BL doesn’t have an app? Cuz that would be cool