• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine for cravings

bingey

Bluelight Crew
Well hello there OD peeps, been a while since I posted in here. I have been in a judicial facility for 2,5 years now (judge sentenced me to treatment) and quit methadone 3 to 4 years ago during my time in jail , I was on 30 mgs.

Now I keep relapsing on opiates and ketamine but my root problem as I see it is my incessant craving for opiates. So I made my psychiatrist see my point and he asked me what drug would solve my problem , I said suboxone and he agreed to look into prescribing it to me.

Now my question is the following , I have zero tolerance to opiates , and take 2,5 MG of lorazepam daily along with 10 MG of diazepam. What kind of dosage of suboxone would be a safe starting point?

Ty in advance

You've never been on suboxone before?

Its one of the legitimate best things for opiate cravings the government has at its disposal. Nothing is as good as getting high on opiates and completely ruining your life in the best way possible, but it does more than beyond show promise in that regard. The brain is perpetually satisfied so you won't be thinking about opiates 24/7 and getting high off them, but its not going to be some otherworldly solution for your problems. You'll still want to calculate when to break the sub barrier and get high, or cheat strips to save them while going in between sub withdrawals and getting high off heroin > returning. Its still going to be hard work but it will do some of the work for you as long as you stay on them.

I just don't want people to see suboxone as some miracle cure because nothing can be that regarding opiate addiction.

I have been on suboxone and subutex, I used to abuse it intravenously at doses up to 16 MG per day. But it's been a while and I have changed so trying to figure out a responsible sublingual dosage.

I'm thinking maybe start at 2 mgs and see how that feels. With no tolerance at the moment 2 mgs should feel pretty calm and relaxing. You can always go up if need be.

Good luck with it.

Without tolerance 2mg were enough to nod a bit but not yet too interfering with everyday tasks. With tolerance (just to bupe, from titrating it up, not full agonists - I got placed onto bupe for DISSO addiction, yeah indeed) it didn't really do anything and I continued using dissociatives but it might also have done something about depression, as being a kappa blocker it's in clinical trials for therapy resistant depression and I think while it didn't elevate mood like other agents there was some activity against negative, recurring thoughts. But most of the effects are probably from opioid maintenance and blockade of full agonists.

Sorry late to the post as always I was prescribed 2x 8mg with out the narcain in them thay helped me I was horribly addicted to morphen sulphate and 120 mg dhidrocoden and thay helped me get clean thay can be used for a buzz but not recommended.

Sorry late to the post as always I was prescribed 2x 8mg with out the narcain in them thay helped me I was horribly addicted to morphen sulphate and 120 mg dhidrocoden and thay helped me get clean thay can be used for a buzz but not recommended.
I'm in Scotland so I don't know how your drug management works ware yous are.

Bupe is incredible for cravings I honestly wonder if anything else rivals its ability to eliminate cravings. Sure, you want to get really high on heroin or a ton of oxy like your life before every now and then while even being on a good dose of bupe--but something about it just eliminates that incessant opiate craving 24/7 "i want to be so high in a garage for my entire life."

If you want to at least help your situation and stay off opiates more so than you have been, I definitely recommend getting on bupe and just occasionally relapsing if you must by calculating when to stop the bupe > get back on it. Of course this isn't harm reduction to say but as opiate addicts we probably are going to get high eventually and cannot stop ourselves. I think the important thing is to win sometimes or most of the time. Its so hard to not relapse its insane... however you get better at going back to bupe > sobriety and then maintaining it for longer bits of time. You will always have an opiate issue even if you end up being sober forever... because nothing beats that feeling in the brain that we will never forget even after tolerance ruins it for months on end. Wait I just realized I posted here nvm