• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Bupropion, what a drug!

Bupropion (Wellbutrin; Zyban) is a pretty fucked up drug man.

If a person has been diagnosed with depression and has been through the gamut of Psychiatry, they will likely be prescribed Bupropion at one point or another. It's a central nervous stimulant related to Amphetamines, but more closely related to Cathinones, although both the latter and former are very similar in their effects.

I've never been addicted to stimulants. I've used plenty of different stimulants, but they were never more than 5% of my total drug usage at most. This is relevant as I've tried insufflating Bupropion on a one-off, let me see what this is all about basis, only to find myself sniffing more and more compulsively until finally having a tonic-clonic seizure. I was pretty stunned by how my willpower was completely non-existent throughout the experience. I knew enough about Bupropion to know that something terrible was going to happen if I didn't stop, yet I didn't.

As anyone will tell you, Bupropion is the bottom-barrel of stimulant experiences, proabably on par with Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex). It's a shitty high, yet both myself and apparently tons of other people report similar compulsive issues surrounding the use of Bupropion.

I know everyone is going to say I'm full of shit, but there is a junkie known in my area for the complications resulting from his addiction to Bupropion. I don't know the guy, but I understand that he's a lifelong crack head who ended up with no crack but months' worth of Bupropion. He destroyed all of the veins on both of his arms in a matter of days injecting Bupropion. He had a ton of open sores on his arms from injecting. He went from arms to hands to feet, destroying his body in the process. This run ended when he injected some Bupropion into a vein on his penis. The injection site then became gangrenous, as he continued binging on Bupropion for several days after the missed shot.

They basically had to cut half of his dick off. He now basically has an opening that they have refashioned into a new dick of sorts, but I here he still has to use catheters to urinate and will never have sex again in any normal context. I didn't believe the story at first, but I've talked to several people who have seen the damage. This guy was such a sad, sad character that after the whole debacle, he was charging people money to look at it so he could have money for drugs. The same guy now lives downtown, permanently outside in a wheelchair (he lives in the wheelchair. use your imagination for that picture). I don't know if he has had his legs fucked with or what, but this guy now is sans-penis, unable to walk on his own and this was all the result of Bupropion injecting. This guy was a crackhead for decades, but a few short binges with Bupropion was enough to perma-fuck him. Every time I see him, I no lie pray to God that he will overdose and die so he might have some sweet relief from the nightmare of what his life has become.

So yea, Bupropion has become a pretty nefarious character in the world of addiction. It's caused a lot of serious damage to a lot of people. The compulsive nature of the drug shows how someone can start out sniffing a pill on a Friday only to be injecting them compulsively by Sunday with only half a penis by Wednesday. Fucked up.
Holy sh*t (It´s close to dinner here, bruv 😂) ! Just as some Euro geezer asked the other day : " What kind of drugs do you get in the USA ?Or maybe sth in the water ,perhaps ? " . This being his reaction ,all shocked at the effect reported by some American lad to drug X ( name evades me now ) .
Then there´s the " different folk, different strokes" ( no pun intended 😂) factor, of course .

The hideous picture you just painted would be justifiable if we would be discussing sth such as MDPV in here ...it is truly incredible how compulsive, more -ish, insidious that substance can be once you decide to use IV (or even plain old foil) as your ROA.
Having said that ... Bupoprion (w t f )? I do believe you ,of course. Why would you bother to type what you just did ( well, unless under the influence of PeeVee and no other source of focus/entertainment available 😂 ) otherwise ?
Whether I believe you or not is hardly the question here: basically, I feel , based on personal experience ,that Wellbutrin can be EXTREMELY beneficial if not abused in any way, shape or form . Just take your 150mgs/300mgs ( orally/once per day ) and chances are you will get very positive results from it ( and no, not getting sponsored by GSK pharms here ) .
When I say beneficial let me explain what it did for me 15 years ago or so :
- Only anti depressant which had instant ( by this I mean in 45 minutes after taking my 1st 150 mgs pill orally ) effect on the way I was feeling - increased motivation, happiness, joy ( all synonyms but just to reinforce its benefits ). Fog dissipated to a large extent, sth which never had happened with any other prescribed anti depressant ...not even close . Again ,another instant effect. I could also see things brighter as you do in ,say, some molly come up.
- Perhaps the most important benefit was the following: within less than 24 hours I went from 2 - 3 packs of cigs a day to Zero -it was simply impossible to smoke since it tasked rank ,like I was smoking fake Pall Mall or sth along those lines ...worse actually, no words to how smoking feel while on Wellbutrin. No cravings for it either ...it basically cured me of tabagism - again instantly.
- Related to the 1st one ( and then I´ll quit this rather tedious rambling ) :I was again able to pursue things I used to love -it gave my social life back , back to doing sports , hobbies too, lost weight while on it ... 1 year later i was basically drug free and relying on the many joys of life without any chemical .
MDPV , a stimulant like that definitely , took me down the dark path you describe, fortunately , even though I´m an idiot ,I soon became aware where I was heading ...again ...with MDPV came Heroin back into my life again.
Are you old enough to remember when these things were sold in the internet by the grams ?As if you had ordered Aspirin from Amazon ? You do ? Alright ,so the following will not sound far fetched to you .
I just had the good sense to go and get rid of one of those big 10g(s) bags I had just ordered cause my behaviour was bordering plain Lunacy . A drug like THAT , yeah, I can see how you can loose your penis over it 😂 ( not from IVing it though ) ,but Bupropion ?
As I said above, we are all different ...the only time I crushed and snorted it with my partner att ( we had run out of coke and were fiending hard in the middle of the night ), having snorted it felt revolting to both of us -as I said , like smoking crack for the anxiety and paranoia with a few seconds of stimulation a couple minutes after inhaling it (if memory serves ) .
Impressive story up there ...may your post and mine even things out for anybody who is considering getting on Wellbutrin for depression ...distilling both our posts we have Common sense :" Orally as prescribed, no addict behaviours ...trust your GP) .
Over Wellbutrin ...over Wellbutrin ...and here I was ,convinced that I had seen some of the most horrific things addiction can cause in an individual .
Thanks for typing that! As out there and surreal as it may sound it is dissuasive to people who may be about to start abusing that "drug"/med in such way(s) .

Snorted bupropion almost destroyed my sense of smell completely. My nose was bleeding blood almost a month every day. And bupropion destroyed my veins, most of them. Shitty drug, great medicine.

I will get Bupropion for my nicotine addiction, I am tired of it, I get patches 21mg, chewing gum 2mg, I can take 4 gums, but I eat the whole 12 strip in a day. The patches have a succes rate of 26%, quiting with Bupropion it's 50%, I haven't read all the posts, but does anybody have a good experience with Bupropion when it comes to quit smoking?

I will get Bupropion for my nicotine addiction, I am tired of it, I get patches 21mg, chewing gum 2mg, I can take 4 gums, but I eat the whole 12 strip in a day. The patches have a succes rate of 26%, quiting with Bupropion it's 50%, I haven't read all the posts, but does anybody have a good experience with Bupropion when it comes to quit smoking?
I have a good experience with bupropion and quitting cigarettes few years ago. It really helps with The cravings and it actually makes you want to smoke less and less.

Speak of Bupropion ,I´ve came across an expired (still sealed though ) bottle of Wellbutrin. Says It´s expired in mid 2021 ,I´m thinking of taking it instead of the Bupre I´m currently on , and about to jump off entirely altogether, yet, am afraid and anxious about the Bupropion being off or sth wrong with its time release mechanism etc ...
Would appreciate if any of you could share their knowledge on the subject .

I was prescribed bupropion for depression (started at 50mg went to 150mg) and was on it for about 2 months before stopping by myself (no WD I could notice) since I couldn't feel any emotions...like at all. Other negative symptoms included lack of regard for consequences (I say this as a generally very risk averse person), killed my appetite, shaky hands, lightheadedness with any abrupt movement... personally cannot imagine ever using it for enjoyment/entertainment

From a 20+ years , 2 -3 packs/daily ( later stages ) habit to 0 in less than a week . That is my experience with it ,and the irony is I wasn´t prescribed Wellbutrin with that purpose in mind (PAWs induced Depression rather ) .
10+ years have passed ,the odd drunken drag here and there -all dizzy and same repulsion as when you 1st tried smoking as a child out of peer pressure .
Others state they manage to smoke on Wellbutrin -"inconceivable " would be the perfect word for that ...

Never used bupropion for the reason of stopping cigarettes but dextromethorphan and memantine which both antagonize the same nicotinic acetylcholine receptor indeed stop any pleasure from smoking, suddenly I'd realize how stupid and stinky it was to smoke and had no more desire to do it. I think one needs to stay on the drug until the habituation goes or one will start again though.

What withdrawal symptoms do you get?

Bupropion wasn't that addictive for me, had no problems kicking it, but it was quite compulsive when snorted. And an entirely different drug when combined with dextromethorphan (just 100mg XR/d and 150mg XR bupropion). More stimulating than amphetamine even, but more chilled. It's a "real" drug for sure, but on itself boring.
FYI I just learned that buproprion combined with DXM and marketed under the name Auvelity is a new miracle treatment for depression. Heard it from a pysch nurse, and was looking to get it prescribed, but it cost more than $1,000 a month. According to the nurse, it works within 1-2 weeks, and is a total game changer. Was wondering what a good dosage might be, and saw your post.

Can you pretty please elaborate on how you combined the two, your dosage, and ROA? Thanks, and you may have unlocked a work- around to the latest new med for intractable depression!