• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Bupropion, what a drug!

kongoman

Bluelighter
Anybody know how bupropion works? Why it is so addictive?
Or it's me?
I started with 150mg but snorted id say 2 months ago. I unleave the coat of the tab and I rail them. Now Im at 600mg or 750mg and this morning I woke up with wd symptoms when Last dose was 8 hours before. Its possible? I was sleeping and This fucking wd woke me up 2 hours after fall asleep. Then I took a line and continue sleeping when its an stim...well if anyone could help I will be grateful.
Excuse for my English.
Love to all BL

I am prescribed 100mg 2x a day. It used to be 150 ER, I think. I hate stimulants, so I asked for the lower dose. I only take 100mg a day, mornings cause it does have a speedy effect on me. My thing was heroin. There is no more heroin...good thing I guess?

Anyway, my pills are uncoated. I guess if I wanted to snort them I could.

Why are you prescribed, if you don't mind?

What withdrawal symptoms do you get?

Bupropion wasn't that addictive for me, had no problems kicking it, but it was quite compulsive when snorted. And an entirely different drug when combined with dextromethorphan (just 100mg XR/d and 150mg XR bupropion). More stimulating than amphetamine even, but more chilled. It's a "real" drug for sure, but on itself boring.

I once had a guy call me up one night asking if i had wellbutrin. I was like ya why? He was like awesome wanna sell some to me? my response was why? He said it was because he snorted them which was news to me. It had never occured to me to abuse them so i was more then happy to trade some for some northern lights

I once had a guy call me up one night asking if i had wellbutrin. I was like ya why? He was like awesome wanna sell some to me? my response was why? He said it was because he snorted them which was news to me. It had never occured to me to abuse them so i was more then happy to trade some for some northern lights
It's still a shitty drug even when snorted. Gives you a dopaminergic buzz which lasts whole 30 mins after which it fades into restlessness and cravings. This is because the NDRI drug bupropion gets metabolized quickly into hydroxybupropion which is a pure NRI. When taking orally as directed the metabolism happens before it even reaches the brain, snorting circuvmvents that,

Better option would be to take an inhibitor for the specific enzyme responsible for metabolizing bupropion. Based on my experience I think DXM does that. Somebody here on BL wrote that co-ingesting memantine also provides more dopaminergic effects but memantine by itself is a D2 dopaminergic agonist.

My wd symptoms were like opioids wd I think, but today Im better. I only snort 2 pils so 300mg And I feel ok. I take so much meds that I think that it was a confussion. Thanks for the replies.
I have one more question. Its true that you dont feel the effects of opioids when you are on bupropion, because it inhibits a citocrom? I cant remember wich one. But if I IV opioids it would not affect, right?
♂️♀️💜💜🎶🎵♋

My wd symptoms were like opioids wd I think, but today Im better. I only snort 2 pils so 300mg And I feel ok. I take so much meds that I think that it was a confussion. Thanks for the replies.
I have one more question. Its true that you dont feel the effects of opioids when you are on bupropion, because it inhibits a citocrom? I cant remember wich one. But if I IV opioids it would not affect, right?
♂️♀️💜💜🎶🎵♋
Bupropion inhibts afaik 2D6 and 3A4. This will interfere with codeine and tramadol but not e.g. morphine or methadone.

^ I think codeine may have still worked for me when i took wellbutrin. Can't quite remember if i was on codeine when i was on wellbutrin or if i was already on stronger opiates though.

I’ve never really understood the use of these sorts of drugs this way. So mild an effect. I have some hopes for bupropion, having read it’s effective in helping people off of tobacco. Methamphetamine as well if mixed with Naltrexone.

I think I tried snorting a pill once. Like any time I’ve tried messing with meds that are more mental health geared or non-traditional like a gabapentinoid, not much. These drugs feel more like aids in bolstering something ‘real’ to me than a primary drug of use / abuse.

@Joey bupropion its an antidepressant and its also for being off of tobacco.

And yes, Ive been doing stupid things for more than 25 years. So sir Einsten was right when he said that there are only two things that are infinite, the universe and the human stupidity.

This drug is mild on low dose but if you consume say 600mg it can be like amphetamine. But yes, Thank you for your reply and let me see that I do stupid things
Send all drug users 💜💜♀️♂️❤️❤️

This drug is mild on low dose but if you consume say 600mg it can be like amphetamine.
This is interesting, would you actually compare bupropion to amphetamine, in what sense? Stimulation, euphoria, concentration / focus... I'm desperately looking for some stimulant to help me with ADD and can't get the real deal off the docs here but bupropion is OTC. Highest dose I've ever tried were 300mg but only briefly, mostly I stuck with 150mg which just induced tinnitus and were bored if not snorted and even then so short lived that I thought it wasn't worth it. Maybe I should try a higher dose?

I did, however, combine bupropion with DXM and it was like a completely different drug, as if the combo somehow unlocked bupropion. Stimulated harder than 20mg of dexamph. Now both, DXM and wellbutrin are powerful liver enzyme inhibitors, I thought it'd be a drug drug interaction but maybe it was just a metabolic interaction.

This is interesting, would you actually compare bupropion to amphetamine, in what sense? Stimulation, euphoria, concentration / focus... I'm desperately looking for some stimulant to help me with ADD and can't get the real deal off the docs here but bupropion is OTC. Highest dose I've ever tried were 300mg but only briefly, mostly I stuck with 150mg which just induced tinnitus and were bored if not snorted and even then so short lived that I thought it wasn't worth it. Maybe I should try a higher dose?

I did, however, combine bupropion with DXM and it was like a completely different drug, as if the combo somehow unlocked bupropion. Stimulated harder than 20mg of dexamph. Now both, DXM and wellbutrin are powerful liver enzyme inhibitors, I thought it'd be a drug drug interaction but maybe it was just a metabolic interaction.
Ive noticed a mild tinnitus since I lve been on bupropion. At higher dose, more than 300, it gives you more stimulation, concentration, not euphoria, but I have very short experience. But you have to unleave the coat of the pill. I dont know whats ADD and if it can help...maximum dose that pharma says its 300. So I dont know if it will be good for you @plumbus-nine . Thanks for your answer. Its a pleasure that you reply me.
Send ❤️♂️♀️❤️

Careful there
recent reports claim northern lights will make you psycho
while wellbutrin makes you an upstanding citizen to society

Ive noticed a mild tinnitus since I lve been on bupropion. At higher dose, more than 300, it gives you more stimulation, concentration, not euphoria, but I have very short experience. But you have to unleave the coat of the pill. I dont know whats ADD and if it can help...maximum dose that pharma says its 300.
ADD is attention deficit without hyperactivity. Usual treatment are stimulants like amphetamine but bupropion is also used sometimes. It was dosed higher in past but got withdrawn due to seizure problems and re-approved with max dosage of 300mg XR.

I'm addicted to my Wellbutrin too. It doesn't make me sleepy though. I have to do a lot of them. Usually snorting abouf 2 300mg pills every 30 mins. to an hour. I don't find the high lasts long. Be careful with it though cause it can cause seizures. Usually when I feel the center of my head tingling or getting a headache I stop. Used to burn when I first tried it but now I'm used to it. Plugs your nose up like a bitch though making it hard to do more lines when I want.
]
Thanks for your reply.
I have done wellbutrin only for 2 months so IVE
Taper down to 2 pills of 150.
Bé careful man because your dosage is very very high. You know that can cause tinnitus. I have a mild tinnitus but I read in the net that there are people that have very high tinnitus, and its not nice, it can be terrible, near to suïcide.
Try to taper down, try 1 pill 300mg instead of doing 2. And if you dont have wd continue. You will be at half dosage.
I will taper down to 0. I think it can be used one day but for every day use, its secondary effects are terrible.
I send you power

Kongoman❤️♀️♂️❤️

PD. Yes I get stuffy nose , I do warm water with salt.

Last edited:
What withdrawal symptoms do you get?
Bupropion wasn't that addictive for me, had no problems kicking it, but it was quite
compulsive when snorted. And an entirely different drug when combined with dextromethorphan (just 100mg XR/d and 150mg XR bupropion). More stimulating than amphetamine even, but more chilled. It's a "real" drug for sure, but on itself boring.

I agree 100% that this drug has 0 potential for addiction ...none - over 1 year taking it for Opiate maintenance drug induced anhedonia ( or just call it plain procrastination) and I found it just as effective as it was harmless . Latter in the sense I quit taking it cause I was no longer getting any noticeable reward from it , come next day one is expecting some type of withdrawal ...nothing ...day 2 - same . There is simply no withdrawal with that med, not imho anyways.
Having said this ,when I started taking it along with buprenorphine and the odd benzo ...holy f**k! You know when you´re in complete disbelief at the effect some Rx´ed substance can have on you ? That was my 1st few weeks of taking Wellbutrin - it is obviously mild in comparison with coke/(pre ban ) mephedrone, any type of amphetamine ( actually nicer imho since it had a relaxing side to the stimulation it caused ) .
A good comparison for how I felt for the 1st month , or so ,would be a molly/4- mmc afterglow ...when you wake up next morning and you feel contented as the drug exits your system ...this feeling but long lasting ...actually , there were two major positive changes in my life when I was on Wellbutrin :1st and foremost I quit smoking soon after I started taking it, I would lit a fag and it tasted rank ,thus , naturally quit it ; secondly it also help me restraining my ,by then ( at some point I relapsed while on it still that year ) , rather compulsive coke/crack use ( at times I would combine Wellbutrin and the aforementioned uppers ,not sure if there was any positive or negative interaction though. The crack/powder would simply override the mild effects of Wellbutrin. Be careful though, this was a long time ago and I was fit af and some 15 years younger .SS could be a thing even though I never felt nothing of that sort ...not even anxiety or anything ...
" Plumbus-nine " finds it not comparable to amphetamine , this makes me wonder whether he was taking the *GSK original Wellbutrin SR ( in my case ) or some other generic version . I would 100% compare it to all uppers, particularly other cathinones and molly since amphetamines never had any relaxed feeling to me ...euphoria definitely, specially IV which used to be my chosen ROA ... so yeah, mate, if you see this and decide to reply , now I´m curious to know what type of Bupropion you were prescribed/scored cause I find it so difficult to imagine people taking that med in particular and saying they didn´t feel a thing ... more so people with a lot of drug experience behind them ,which was my case back in the day, as it´s seemingly yours for that matter ... it was the only popular med which truly impressed me in its instant positive/clean / (relatively ) strong effects .

Last edited:
Be very careful with high dose bupropion.

Seizures are a serious risk. I can't take wellbutrin at all anymore because of seizures.
Will provide some context ,please ? Things such as age, 1st time you had a seizure and why you think that was ( high dose , risky combination of substances etc etc ) ?
Just asking this cause at its therapeutic doses this was one of the most beneficial meds I´ve ever taken for Depression/ADHD/motivation .
Was taking it for well over a year and the only thing I noticed at night time when I went to bed was increased heart rate, but nothing too scary ( this lasted for the 1st few days only ,soon back to baseline ) .
Having said this I´ve never abused it ,think I tried snort it one day when we were out of coke and you know the stupid things cravings will make you do .
Horrible high snorted ( removed the coat ...well, this process has been explained to death so I´ll refrain ). As someone else pointed out above it felt like crack but skipping the rush part ...a few seconds of some stimulation and right back to those dreadful crack cravings and anxiety ( basically crack with no positives ,just the shitty parts ).

Bupropion (Wellbutrin; Zyban) is a pretty fucked up drug man.

If a person has been diagnosed with depression and has been through the gamut of Psychiatry, they will likely be prescribed Bupropion at one point or another. It's a central nervous stimulant related to Amphetamines, but more closely related to Cathinones, although both the latter and former are very similar in their effects.

I've never been addicted to stimulants. I've used plenty of different stimulants, but they were never more than 5% of my total drug usage at most. This is relevant as I've tried insufflating Bupropion on a one-off, let me see what this is all about basis, only to find myself sniffing more and more compulsively until finally having a tonic-clonic seizure. I was pretty stunned by how my willpower was completely non-existent throughout the experience. I knew enough about Bupropion to know that something terrible was going to happen if I didn't stop, yet I didn't.

As anyone will tell you, Bupropion is the bottom-barrel of stimulant experiences, proabably on par with Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex). It's a shitty high, yet both myself and apparently tons of other people report similar compulsive issues surrounding the use of Bupropion.

I know everyone is going to say I'm full of shit, but there is a junkie known in my area for the complications resulting from his addiction to Bupropion. I don't know the guy, but I understand that he's a lifelong crack head who ended up with no crack but months' worth of Bupropion. He destroyed all of the veins on both of his arms in a matter of days injecting Bupropion. He had a ton of open sores on his arms from injecting. He went from arms to hands to feet, destroying his body in the process. This run ended when he injected some Bupropion into a vein on his penis. The injection site then became gangrenous, as he continued binging on Bupropion for several days after the missed shot.

They basically had to cut half of his dick off. He now basically has an opening that they have refashioned into a new dick of sorts, but I here he still has to use catheters to urinate and will never have sex again in any normal context. I didn't believe the story at first, but I've talked to several people who have seen the damage. This guy was such a sad, sad character that after the whole debacle, he was charging people money to look at it so he could have money for drugs. The same guy now lives downtown, permanently outside in a wheelchair (he lives in the wheelchair. use your imagination for that picture). I don't know if he has had his legs fucked with or what, but this guy now is sans-penis, unable to walk on his own and this was all the result of Bupropion injecting. This guy was a crackhead for decades, but a few short binges with Bupropion was enough to perma-fuck him. Every time I see him, I no lie pray to God that he will overdose and die so he might have some sweet relief from the nightmare of what his life has become.

So yea, Bupropion has become a pretty nefarious character in the world of addiction. It's caused a lot of serious damage to a lot of people. The compulsive nature of the drug shows how someone can start out sniffing a pill on a Friday only to be injecting them compulsively by Sunday with only half a penis by Wednesday. Fucked up.