• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can anyone give tips on how to sleep during opiate/opioid withdrawal?

breathing methods, try and lay more in bed during daytime learn your brain to be coeminent that bed means rest. Sleep is human best friend that's all I know.. i used to keep fresh air in the house, also helps unimaginable. I was always a hygenic person, helpt a lot, not only for WD's

get a 3 layer curtain and close'em is what i suggest to have that ''autumn amurg'' light. Most IKEA curtains are 3 layers and they're cheap af

2.4 grams?? Jesus christ. I was addicted to opiates heavily for 10 years and when I relapsed after 5 years clean I took 100mg of morphine orally and it was way too much... passed out and spent the entire next day throwing up over and over again.
Yeah I was worried when I heard about her dosage but she seems to know what she does..

How long did it take for you to build down with tolerance? Did you quit and manage 5 years straight not to touch them? Respect. I am currently dealing with like weekly relapses and tolerance just won't go down, am thinking about giving ultra low dose naltrexone a try..

Yeah I did manage 5 years without a single opioid, nor any cravings. Relapsed due to experiencing an extended period of loss and pain.

Yeah I did manage 5 years without a single opioid, nor any cravings. Relapsed due to experiencing an extended period of loss and pain.
I don't crave them either, much more stimulants I guess but the PAWS of morphine is so fucking bad. Sucks out all energy and converts it into dysphoric restlessness. Don't know I had high hopes for dopamine agonists but pramipexole turned out to be a sleeping pill. Then it has to be adrenergic fatigue I guess. That's hard to treat as adrenergics are anxiogenics to me. I should get ADHD drugs scripted again, the recent prolintane experiment showed me that stims can be good in withdrawal too but it's just too expensive and I can't import here, customs stop all..

Dopaminergic stimulants are definitely useful for withdrawal, you have to be careful though and not overdo it or it can become detrimental.

Tylenol PM/Advil PM works well enough believe it or not. I threw myself into a crippling withdrawal trapped away far from home with only tylenol PM lol! Everyone thought I was a suicidal person because I was very depressed for a bit.

Opiate withdrawal really isn't so bad. It'll make you want to die but that's really all it is ;) I'd rather be dopesick beyond recognition and crapping myself than to cold turkey a ton of xanax and sieze out with absurd paranoia and rebound anxiety lol.... it really is just the first two weeks that you want to murder everyone around you. Then after those initial two weeks you can walk around and pretend to be normal while still feeling somewhat crappy.

I need to stop reliving opioid withdrawal. Just got past the worst of it again and it does not make life good at all. The pills do kind of.... but then you kind of get high and ruin your entire life. It feels nice though.
That is a spot on description. I literally couldn't have put it better myself.

That is a spot on description. I literally couldn't have put it better myself.
I hear opiate withdrawals are a cake-walk in comparison to benzo withdrawals and alcoholic DT's. Witnessing my dad endure DT's scared me out of becoming a sun-up to sundown drinker. My dad is still a heavy drinker but hopefully he kicked the meth, though I think he and my stepmom still take adderall every now and then (for productivity purposes). If I recall correctly, he only messed with meth so he could stay drunk without passing out. My biological mom on the other hand is very square--save for a drink or a small amount of weed every once in a blue moon. She's the type of person who refuses to take pills despite being in unbearable pain. My fiance is kinda like that too. I guess I take after my dad more than my mom--given I'm prone to addiction and she prefers sobriety over anything. She's a Capricorn in every sense of the sign. Nothing can get between her and her sense of self-control.

I don't crave them either, much more stimulants I guess but the PAWS of morphine is so fucking bad. Sucks out all energy and converts it into dysphoric restlessness. Don't know I had high hopes for dopamine agonists but pramipexole turned out to be a sleeping pill. Then it has to be adrenergic fatigue I guess. That's hard to treat as adrenergics are anxiogenics to me. I should get ADHD drugs scripted again, the recent prolintane experiment showed me that stims can be good in withdrawal too but it's just too expensive and I can't import here, customs stop all..

You might try ephedrine its OTC. Not a bad pick me up and not terribly anxiogenic. Not great either but not bad. Definitely helps mild-moderate opioid withdrawal a bit from my experience, particularly in regard to the lethargy and depression.

I hear opiate withdrawals are a cake-walk in comparison to benzo withdrawals and alcoholic DT's. Witnessing my dad endure DT's scared me out of becoming a sun-up to sundown drinker. My dad is still a heavy drinker but hopefully he kicked the meth, though I think he and my stepmom still take adderall every now and then (for productivity purposes). If I recall correctly, he only messed with meth so he could stay drunk without passing out. My biological mom on the other hand is very square--save for a drink or a small amount of weed every once in a blue moon. She's the type of person who refuses to take pills despite being in unbearable pain. My fiance is kinda like that too. I guess I take after my dad more than my mom--given I'm prone to addiction and she prefers sobriety over anything. She's a Capricorn in every sense of the sign. Nothing can get between her and her sense of self-control.
Yeah, I'd take a thousand opiate withdrawals over 1 benzo withdrawal (I'm talking cold turkey withdrawals here btw...)

I may have mentioned in a previous post, when I done a 20-40 mg per day cold turkey Xanax (Alprazolam) withdrawal after a 2-3 month daily binge at that dose, which was July-September 2013. I suffered psychosis along with a whole host of other symptoms. Previous to that (2009-2013) I would just weekend binge on a few hundred milligrams of Xanax or equivalent doses of another benzo.. usually Diazepam or Temazepam. So I'd had my far share of traumatic benzo withdrawal related incidences prior to this.

But the September 2013 incident was by far and away the worst experience of my Iife.

I became catatonic.

Doesn't seem to agree with you here - brief.fm (psychiatryonline.org)

Yeah to be frank that "brief report" is sort of meaningless and doesn't say much about ephedrine, keeping in mind the description of their "Method":

Method

We reviewed all 1,820 FDA MedWatch reports of adverse events concerning herbal ephedra as of Sept. 30, 2001

You can do the same thing for a summary or adderall MedWatch reports and it will paint the same picture. In the end its an ok OTC stimulant of relatively safety low doses. Thats why its sold OTC. And keep in mind I'm not referring to sketchy herbal ephedrine but a pharmaceutical preparation sold as "bronkaid". However the real issue with ephedrine is not some unusual tendency to induce psychosis but the cardiovascular issues.

Pregabalin is by far my favourite opiate withdrawal killa! Depending on how many nights of insomnia you've had then sometimes just forgetting about it can help your sanity wonders instead of lying sweating and spinning in circles

Yeah to be frank that "brief report" is sort of meaningless and doesn't say much about ephedrine, keeping in mind the description of their "Method":

Method

We reviewed all 1,820 FDA MedWatch reports of adverse events concerning herbal ephedra as of Sept. 30, 2001

You can do the same thing for a summary or adderall MedWatch reports and it will paint the same picture. In the end its an ok OTC stimulant of relatively safety low doses. Thats why its sold OTC. And keep in mind I'm not referring to sketchy herbal ephedrine but a pharmaceutical preparation sold as "bronkaid". However the real issue with ephedrine is not some unusual tendency to induce psychosis but the cardiovascular issues.
I should know better than to trust anything to do with MedWatch/FDA.

I should know better than to trust anything to do with MedWatch/FDA.

Well its not so much that, the issue is that its simply a summary of adverse reactions associated with "herbal ephedra", which was banned years ago.

Ephedrine can cause severe cardiovascular adverse reactions, that is the bigger concern. It generally happens in the predisposed and in concert with heavy exercise.

Pregabalin is by far my favourite opiate withdrawal killa! Depending on how many nights of insomnia you've had then sometimes just forgetting about it can help your sanity wonders instead of lying sweating and spinning in circles

Yeah it is, I'm 2 days off from any opioid (had 0.8mg of suboxone 2 days ago, a few doses every 2 days before that, no kratom for like 8 days I think) and been taking Lyrica the past 2 days. I feel absolutely fine, good really. yesterday was wild, I was high as hell and loving it. Tolerance builds very fast though. Gonna wake up tomorrow and see where I'm at, but I also have gabapentin to alternate.

Yeah it is, I'm 2 days off from any opioid (had 0.8mg of suboxone 2 days ago, a few doses every 2 days before that, no kratom for like 8 days I think) and been taking Lyrica the past 2 days. I feel absolutely fine, good really. yesterday was wild, I was high as hell and loving it. Tolerance builds very fast though. Gonna wake up tomorrow and see where I'm at, but I also have gabapentin to alternate.
Keep up the good work.

Although, I find dosing on Pregabalin for so long, and then using Gabapentin - I find the Gabapentin to be slightly redundant.

Yeah I found the first and maybe second dose of gabapentin to be like very mild pregabs but after that i dunno if it was in my head but it made me feel worse. Like 10 mins if feeling a slight lightheadedness then if feel so anxious. I felt better without. Just my .2 of course this seems to be a bit anomalous.

Problem with the gabapentinoids is the rapid and complete tolerance. It works if one doesn't use it otherwise but only for withdrawal. With pre existing tolerance it does absolutely nothing :( clonidine failed for me too. What remains? Loperamide but that's just another methadone when used high dose. Dopamine agonists, a bit. Weirdly did prolintane, a NDRI, not only mask withdrawal but make me feel good. Only source I have is limited and seriously overpriced, so I don't do it anymore. Other parcel was stopped by customs and will hopefully be sent back for refund but its a bummer. The law would be pretty liberal, none of the recent RCs is banned, but they just stop the delivery and ask for clearance papers from the local FDA which are impossible to get as a private person..

Keep up the good work.

Although, I find dosing on Pregabalin for so long, and then using Gabapentin - I find the Gabapentin to be slightly redundant.

Gagabapentin is less addictive than pregabalin, it is harder to develop dependence and the withdrawal is less severe. So alternating is an attempt to mitigate any dependence buildup. Though haven't used any gabapentin yet as I figured it would be best to use the pregabalin first and then gabapentin to wean down on the gabapentinoid front. I don't have a lot of either. Probably 2 more uses of pregabalin and a few days of gabapentin.

Today was kinda rough, I took less pregabalin and felt pretty anxious all day. Then drank some beers with some friends, felt a lot less anxious (was feeling quite socially anxious, they were people I hadn't seen in years) but now feeling kinda anxious again. Gonna try to go to bed soon.