• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Can gabapentin potentiate opioids?

No to gapapentin potentiating opioids. Carisoprodol and dxm (or mxe) are true and the best potentiators with synergy I've found. And pills don't expire its bullshit.

Strong disagree. It effects the length more than the intensity, imho, but it effects both a lot. It makes a huge difference if i take 300mg gabapentin 1 hour before and after my daily 'done.

Strong disagree. It effects the length more than the intensity, imho, but it effects both a lot. It makes a huge difference if i take 300mg gabapentin 1 hour before and after my daily 'done.
Guess I will be more clear in that although I think you can feel the gaba....I don't think it's a synergistic effect it's additive instead. I feel the same way about benzos work opioids.

The dxm or carisopridol do have a synergy rather than additive

Gabapentin goes great with opioids and compliments them

Methadone 80mg (tolerant patient & stable daily dose)
Gabapentin 300mg X 3 times (30min apart)
Diazepam (Valium) 10mg
Indica Cannabis 10mg jel cap

Amazing combo to melt into the couch with the gf and watch Netflix for hours till bedtime lol

Eh, In my opinion, Gabapentin doesn't do all that much in terms of potentiating opiates. Its a decent sleep aid, but benzos and grapefruit juice are way better at making me nod out.

Gabapentin can help stretch a dwindling supply of almost any drug, IME. Maybe the effects are from poly drug use as opposed to one substance...? Maybe not "potentiating" but rather adding to? Not sure about this.

Generally speaking, all sedatives potentiate all other sedatives. Doesn't necessarily mean they increase levels of euphoria, but they do increase respiratory depression, which can be dangerous and lead to overdose. Just something to keep in mind.

Guess I will be more clear in that although I think you can feel the gaba....I don't think it's a synergistic effect it's additive instead. I feel the same way about benzos work opioids.

The dxm or carisopridol do have a synergy rather than additive
the mxe with opiates was synergistic as well do you remember? and was it just that one or other dissos as well. was it just like a small bump of a disso on top of the opiate do u remem dosage? i know intuitively they increase resp depression so wouldnt wanna go overboard with em.

the mxe with opiates was synergistic as well do you remember? and was it just that one or other dissos as well. was it just like a small bump of a disso on top of the opiate do u remem dosage? i know intuitively they increase resp depression so wouldnt wanna go overboard with em.
Mxe and it's ilk I would say don't really enhance the opiated high in and of itself, in fact they take away the anxiolytic effect since they are somewhat stimulants. But they do make it so you require less to get well..if that makes sense.

Gabapentin de-potentiates a lot of opiates. I believe it reduces oxy bioavailability by 14%, but oxy increases gabapentins bioavailablity by 44%! Huge increase for a drug with poor absorption rate.

This doesn't mean you won't get extra pain relief from them together though.