News Canada Regulators Ease Access to Psychedelic Drugs

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

Canada Regulators Ease Access to Psychedelic Drugs​

A.J. Herrington
High Times
07 Jan 2021

Health Canada, the nation’s health department, said that drug regulations were being amended based on new research into the therapeutic benefits of psychedelics.

“There has been emerging scientific evidence supporting potential therapeutic uses for some restricted drugs, most notably psychedelic restricted drugs such as MDMA and psilocybin,” Health Canada noted in the Canada Gazette, an official government publication.

Under the amendment to federal food and drug regulations, physicians will be able to request access to restricted drugs on behalf of their patients through Health Canada’s Special Access Program. Previously, restricted drugs including psychedelics were not available through the program.

Read the full story here.

Canada Regulators Ease Access to Psychedelic Drugs​

A.J. Herrington
High Times
07 Jan 2021

Read the full story here.

All I see is more bomb MDMA coming down from the neighbors to the North.. I’m down lol. While obviously it won’t be the pharm grade stuff, the relaxing of ideology around them is a good thing for illicit production as well.

-GC

All I see is more bomb MDMA coming down from the neighbors to the North.. I’m down lol. While obviously it won’t be the pharm grade stuff, the relaxing of ideology around them is a good thing for illicit production as well.

-GC
i'm hoping it goes the way of medical marijuana where eventually recreational use becomes less taboo over time.

i'd hate to see it only via prescription in the long term

Last edited: