• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Candyflipping - timing, dosing, redosing?

wickeduran

Greenlighter
Hello everyone!

NYE is coming up and I've been planning to candyflip for the first time.
The timing part has been talked about a lot and I think I've settled on taking the LSD first with MDMA 4hrs after the tab. What I still think about is the dosing and redosing. I'm somewhat experienced with both substances and for the acid I'm going for 100ug, however the MDMA dose isn't that clear. My favourite dose is 120mg, however having done an acetone wash for the first time and not really being sure how this combo goes, I think of lowering the dose to 100mg. Is this to little in your experience and should I maybe stay with 120mg?
Another matter is the redose. I usually redose with 1/2 of the inital dose 90 minutes after the first one, but does it make any sense during the candyflip, or maybe the comedown will get amplified by getting off the LSD and it will make everything worse?

You're dose and timing plan sounds good to me,

If someone had asked the question without a proposed schedule I'd have said 100ug lsd followed 5 hours later (definitely not less than 4 hours) with 125mg mdma - no redose for the reasons you speculated on

As my friend used to say. There isn't really a wrong way to mix them.

This is probably the best answer after my years of experience. Each way has its ups and downs, I’ve settled in on my own method but can see why others do theirs.

OP still take the booster dose, I do or should I say would..

-GC

This is probably the best answer after my years of experience. Each way has its ups and downs, I’ve settled in on my own method but can see why others do theirs.
Same. He told me that back when I was first planning to try mixing them after years of doing them separately. You can take the LSD first or the MDMA. You can wait for the LSD peak or do the MDMA before you get there. You can take the MDMA on the come down of the LSD or the LSD on the come down of the MDMA. Any way you go about it will produce a fun time.

I prefer taking the LSD and waiting until the 3rd or 4th hour to stack the peaks. I usually re-dose the MDMA as per my usual routine. I take the same MDMA dose that I take when I'm doing it without mixing anything else with it. Then I take my usual booster (about half my initial dose). Once I'm down from the peak of both I start taking other things to smooth out the come down. Otherwise I end up trying to sleep for hours. When MXE was still around I'd usually go for that. These days I opt for K when I can find it. If there is no K then I'm probably getting into the opioids and benzos to deal with the body pains and insomnia.

I need to try a combination of phenibut + LSD + MDMA sometime. Phenibut seems like a really good launching pad for LSD but I haven't had a chance to mix the two yet.

@wickeduran, Welcome to bluelight!!

I would stick to your normal 120mg dose. I don't think you will regret it at all. (Then again lately I've been eating 3x supposed to be 180mg presses as my initial dose for the night).

I would not skip the redose. If anything you'll be rolling through the tail end of your trip and won't mind coming down on the acid.

i always hated hippyflipping, never done candyflypping, to much of a hassle. I couldnt formulate no clear thought while on it.

Last edited:
i always hatedm hippyflipping,never doen candyflypping, to muss of a hassle.i count formulate no clear thought.

That’s a mushroom thing, LSD is much less likely to cause that confusion of words and thought. In fact on LSD I often feel more on point. I love when people try to fuck with me at festivals when I’m tripping (I must look an easy target, bothers me even more that people do this type of shit) cuz by the end of our interaction they usually walk away embarrassed or confused.

-GC

You seem to have everything under control.
100mg + 50mg is a perfect MDMA dosage for a candyflip.

If some other day you'd want a more intense trip, just increase the LSD dosage.

Why candy flip when you can just take the RC..... 2C-B? That is really wonderful experience....Just go with small dose 15 mg. :meowce:

I didn't write this, it used to be on dancesafe or something. This is candyflipping:

How can I possibly describe how candyflipping has enhanced my life over the years? No words would be sufficient. Done properly, a candyflip captures all the profound wonder of LSD, coupled with the confidence, poise, and spiritual opening of MDMA. It is a truly a wonderful gift, but allow me to warn you ahead of time that it's pretty difficult to do right, and requires a lot of planning and forethought, even more than acid does by itself.

Normally one should never try to combine two drugs, especially two as powerful as acid and E. Candyflipping doesn't just refer to the combination of the two; it refer to using them in a staggered method that produces an entirely unique effect that is unlike either of the drugs by themselves. So first of all, never take acid and E at the same time, or even within an hour or two of each other! This will produce a sort of drunken intoxication which you might find fun (or you might find unpleasant, like me), but in either case it does not qualify as candyflipping.

Candyflipping requires that the relative "peak" times of the two drugs (from the 1hr mark to the 3hr mark with E, and from the 1hr mark to the 4h mark with acid) do not overlap. You can theoretically do it in either order, but I (and friends of mine) have always done it with acid first, E later. The most important thing to know, that I have deduced by careful (and sometimes unpleasant) experimentation:

Take your E exactly four (4) hours after taking your acid!

Why is this so important?

Well, if you take your E early (like say, after 3 hours) your acid peak won't be done yet, and the drugs end up sort of fighting for control of your brain. This is not a very fun sensation; you end up feeling lethargic and sort of light-headed. You may come out of it after an hour or two, but you will have missed the "candyflip" and will be just left feeling like you took a lot of drugs, and sometimes slightly spacey depending on the person. (Editor's Note: Not everyone agrees about this; one person sent a comment saying that they don't get much effect doing it this way, but they have a "brilliant" time when they take a low dose of MDMA about 45 minutes before ingesting LSD.)
If you take the E late (say, after 5 hours) you'll get a similar effect as taking your E too early, but probably not as strong. After 45 minutes or so it will clear up and you'll find that you're just rolling from the E, and it's not much like you took two drugs at all, more that you just took one after the other.
Another important thing is dosage. Taking less acid causes it to come on more slowly, and as a result taking your E at the four hour mark may actually be too early. Taking a lot of acid works great as long as you can handle it :) but in this case you may want to take your E slightly earlier, say at T+3:45. Generally I just recommend a normal dose, 3 hits of standard blotter paper, but again there's nothing wrong with more as long as you can handle it.

With E, you probably want to take a minimal dosage, or else it will just overpower the acid and you'll be rolling (not a bad thing, but you'll miss out on the candyflip). If you have a batch of pills and you normally take 1.5 pills to roll, then probably try either 1.5 or 1 pill. In a nutshell, it's better to err slightly on the side of a low dose than on the side of high.

The Candyflip Effect
I like candyflipping all around better than any other drug (or drug combination) because in many ways it is very close to being sober as far as your mental state, but it allows you to access all the really excellent effects of acid (music sounds great, sense of profoundness, insightfulness) and E (poise, confidence, self-love and love for others) without the downsides (the "confusion" and scariness of acid, the running-around-hugging-everyone effect of E).

The candyflip moment, as I think of it, is about half an hour after you take your E. The acid confusion seems to lift off of you like a heavy fog suddenly dissipating. The room suddenly seems more open (this is very dramatic if you're someplace with a high ceiling). You are suddenly instilled with a sense wonder and awe at the amazing things our world has to offer, a feeling that you have power over your own destiny, and a sense of purpose to do the things that are important to you. And there is an incredible feeling that something profound and important is about to happen.
Watching someone who is in the midst of a successful candyflip is pretty cool, too. Their entire demeanor gains a perfect confidence, without the slightest hint of arrogance. Their skin seems to glow. The eyes are probably the most dramatic: they grow wide and bright, like those of a child, but wiser.
My favorite candyflip activity is looking at a powerful laser and listening to really good trance coming out of big speakers, but that's just me. :)
Health Stuff

I guess I should mention this since it's going onto this website. Basically, candyflipping is one of the more rigorous drug experiences you can have, especially if you do it at a party. The entire thing lasts a really long time (9 or 10 hours total) and you expend a lot of resources. I make sure to sleep in super late the day before I am going to make a candyflip, and dose myself with lots of vitamins in the previous week. Then I make sure I don't have anything making demands on my time in the next day or two following the candyflip so that I can sleep as much as I need (which usually isn't all that much, but sometimes it is).
So, to summarize - this is a really awesome experience that I would recommend to anyone. Just be sure that you are prepared (both mentally and physically), have a good setting to do it in, have your drugs pretested and in proper dosages. By "pretested" I don't just mean that you've done the EZ-Test on them, I mean that you have tried them before in a controlled environment so that you're not only sure of what they are, but how much you should take. You also should not attempt it until you are fairly familiar with both LSD and MDMA (like, you've used each at least four or five times). And don't forget: four hours! Use a stopwatch so that you do not mistake the proper time to take your E.

Why candy flip when you can just take the RC..... 2C-B? That is really wonderful experience....Just go with small dose 15 mg. :meowce:

Because it's like comparing say AMT to DMT.

One is a powerful, beautiful, imstant spiritual awakening type experience, the other is simply a powerful experience.

I absolutely love 2cb; its my clubbing go to. Candyflips are just another level of hedonism, love for humanity, hope, love for yourself. They are not interchangable in the above mentioned way.

2c-b is IMO a different thing, candyflip is just blissfull while 2c-b can be focused and intense at times.
Solution? Just flip all 3.

if i were u id use s-isomer MDMA and a phenylthylamine like mescaline or nexus or N bomb, as those are meant to be fun in low doses. and racemic or especially R-isomer mdma is more like speed

Nope. The s isomer is more stimulating as s-Amphetamine is the active principle in racemic amph whereas the r isomer is reported to be more psychedelic as r-dom eg is more active than s-dom.

2c-b is IMO a different thing, candyflip is just blissfull while 2c-b can be focused and intense at times.
Solution? Just flip all 3.
:unsure::rolleyes::spinning:My experience with 2C-B was kind of like a mild stimulant and very mild acid trip. Only took 15mgs but lasted about 4hours. Interesting experience

It shines around 27mg, less is not that satisfying, even at 25mg it was lacking something.