• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Can't sleep and need a recommendation for a strong sleeping medication

^yuhhs.

Btw, OP...Quetiapine (Seroquel) is LESS sedating the MORE you take. For sleep it's usually 25-100mg....more than 200 is likely to not help at all.
I'd say the sedation of quetiapine is already maxed out at 75-100mg and the dopamine inhibition including dyskinesia begins at the same dosage. Reason why more quet is less sedating is that one of its metabolites is a potent norepinephrine transporter inhibitor.

I've always been interested in this one called quazepam ("Doral"). I've never known anyone to get prescribed it though and it seems like kind of a rare/obscure one. Reading about it online kind of made me interested in trying it though.

For old pros, mythically rare ones always spark the greatest interest ime ;):LOL:

Judicious multi-doses of Xyrem (GHB) are often used as drug of last resort for severe insomnia. It has the benefit of not crippling natural sleep architecture quite as much as almost all other hypnotics, thus perhaps reducing the risks of memory loss, premature dementia and other neurological issues that come from poor sleep structure, lack of glymphatic waste clearance cycle etc.

Judicious multi-doses of Xyrem (GHB) are often used as drug of last resort for severe insomnia. It has the benefit of not crippling natural sleep architecture quite as much as almost all other hypnotics, thus perhaps reducing the risks of memory loss, premature dementia and other neurological issues that come from poor sleep structure, lack of glymphatic waste clearance cycle etc.
Just in people diagnosed with narcolepsy or possible to get for all people with treatment resistant insomnia?
In Switzerland, which is pretty liberal when it comes to doc's prescriptions, they use Xyrem in rehab to wean people off GHB/GBL but otherwise it's only available for resistant narcolepsy and costs multiple hundred bucks a month. Taken twice, once before sleep and once when you wake up at night.

Reactions: CFC

why not use mitrazepine, if they got ADHD is even better i know i had a friend, car washer otherwise who used it and he had some episodes now and then, like at times he got 40m behind our actual convo at time then 40m ahead, all that doesnt slice dices, you know the saying so it was with him

he was a heroin addict too, mostly when mitrazepine made way into his daily life was when he was on methadone actually trying to get high, slept on streets but dressed good and ate, isn't like something was point blank for they other than the usual episodes. He discovered he had some attention deficit when he went to stadiums and shit, he was a ultras means someone who fights the other football team's gallery and mostly at those time his temporary ADHD triggered, i introduced him to mitrazepine by a random blister i had home one night because i was too at one stage of my life, had some weed's loop thoughts and 2 pills did magic, so had one laying around and did magic for my comrade too, but in his case was depression, his doctor said that his adhd in mainly linked to depression of what he felt and like as i know him, god rest him up there if there's one // when someone from hood died, he moarned. He loved us like his family, his mom was a tv ex-camera operator.

Taken twice, once before sleep and once when you wake up at night.

Yeah 2 (or sometimes 3 doses) during the night seems to be the common prescription depending on who you speak to and for what issue. In the UK it's usually just for narcolepsy + cataplexy but some will (rarely) prescribe it for people with really bad insomnia. I believe in the US some docs are little more sensible and liberal with the rules depending on need.

why not use mitrazepine, if they got ADHD is even better i know i had a friend, car washer otherwise who used it and he had some episodes now and then, like at times he got 40m behind our actual convo at time then 40m ahead, all that doesnt slice dices, you know the saying so it was with him
Mirtazapine can knock the hell out of you but it doesn't last, for me it was just a few nights where it worked and tolerance is very long lived, I didn't take any antihistamine in ages and still no sedation from mirtazapine. Have to say that I have acquired a high tolerance to dissociatives so this might be the culprit but I think anyways that mirtazapine's sedation is more akin to a side effect which will wean itself off after a while. Xyrem is supposed to work for long times, wonder though why the people using it for sleep don't get rebound during the day as it's seen with recreational GHBergic use.

he was a heroin addict too, mostly when mitrazepine made way into his daily life was when he was on methadone actually trying to get high, slept on streets but dressed good and ate, isn't like something was point blank for they other than the usual episodes. He discovered he had some attention deficit when he went to stadiums and shit, he was a ultras means someone who fights the other football team's gallery and mostly at those time his temporary ADHD triggered, i introduced him to mitrazepine by a random blister i had home one night because i was too at one stage of my life, had some weed's loop thoughts and 2 pills did magic, so had one laying around and did magic for my comrade too, but in his case was depression, his doctor said that his adhd in mainly linked to depression of what he felt and like as i know him, god rest him up there if there's one // when someone from hood died, he moarned. He loved us like his family, his mom was a tv ex-camera operator.

Yeah mirtazapine is probably the most commonly prescribed off-label insomnia treatment in the UK, especially for older depressed patients. It does seem to have a fairly strong correlation with dementia, maybe because of its fairly potent cholinergic effects and failure to preserve sleep architecture. But they haven't established a true causal link yet, and used occasionally (ie not for years on end) it's probably a pretty harmless sleep aid/enhancer for many, if the effect lasts.

Mirtazapine can knock the hell out of you but it doesn't last, for me it was just a few nights where it worked and tolerance is very long lived, I didn't take any antihistamine in ages and still no sedation from mirtazapine. Have to say that I have acquired a high tolerance to dissociatives so this might be the culprit but I think anyways that mirtazapine's sedation is more akin to a side effect which will wean itself off after a while. Xyrem is supposed to work for long times, wonder though why the people using it for sleep don't get rebound during the day as it's seen with recreational GHBergic use.

higher scale doesn't mean scaled, means you gotta stop thinkin about high dosage and if you're on said treatment, take it from experiment view to just to see if is highlights anything.

5mg of idk, melatonin first thing that snaps in mind is more intense than 20/10

I am prescribed morphine clonazepam and zopiclone and i have no problem with respiratory depression. Have you tried temazepam? i find it to be the best benzo for sleep by far. Stay the fuck away from barbs would be my advice I also found promethazine to be decent for sleep. Trimipramine is a decent tricyclic thats good for sleep as well

I'd say the sedation of quetiapine is already maxed out at 75-100mg and the dopamine inhibition including dyskinesia begins at the same dosage. Reason why more quet is less sedating is that one of its metabolites is a potent norepinephrine transporter inhibitor.

Agreed. I don't take it for sleep anymore, but when I did I found 50mg to be ideal.

First 10mg dose of Amitryptyline I ever took knocked me out cold and made me sleep/tired for 48 hours. From that point onwards, however, that same dose or higher doses only cause insomnia. Go figure!
Whenever I start up on in or increase the dose (without the use of any other drugs at all) I get faint DXM like CEVs when I close my eyes to go to bed. Nice bonus effect.

I always wondered if this happened to me or any others that uses psychedelics in the past a lot.

Same thing with the opioid snri drug tapentadol.

If you are desesperate, easy to be if you can't sleep, you can look for a med called levomepromazine, brand names Sinogan , Nozinan and others.
It is an old neuroleptyc and it has a lot of bad effects, including the most dry mouth you could think of, icredible feeling of being retarded and more.
But the stuff is very potent and it works for sleep.
I remember it in 25 and 100 mgs. Only used it in serious wds when the relief of an hours of sleep would worth the terrible downsides
Nasty but strong med for sure.
Please don't advise nozinan. It's like throwing the towel in the ring. Nonononozinan...

Please don't advise nozinan. It's like throwing the towel in the ring. Nonononozinan...
I get what you mean, very nasty stuff. Don't know how long OP couldn't sleep for, but my opinión is that sometimes you have to throw the towel out of desperation.
After quitting cold methadone, I couldn't cop with it for any longer and did it. I got some hours of soul saving sleep. Who knows if brain saving aswell.
I am fully aware how bad nocinan is and have warned (?) Op about its side effects, but I honestly thing that prolonged sleep deprivation is worse than a ocasional dose of levomepromazine.

That said you are totally right, this is a utterly strong med that must be seen as a last resort.

100mg of phenergan, 2 Tylenol PM, 2 klonopin, clonidine, 3 neurontin, 2 oxy 5 IR, 1 morphine15mg, a 10mg melatonin

Yeah it’s a lot but it’s I get maybe 5 hours sleep. I’m up at 5 every morning no matter what time I got to bed. And I don’t have a job rn. But I am dying of cancer so if I fall asleep and don’t wake up oh well better than suffering.
Your list seems GABA based.

For me effective sleep aids were anti-histamines.

Promethazine at high dose (75 mg).

Mirtazapine.

GABA hypnotics never did anything for me either, zopiclone, lunesta, etc etc.
in

Clonidine 0.1mg tablets are VERY helpful

Benzo & Opioid are really relaxing ……insomnia?

You’re on some heavy shit….and tolerant…..no spring chicken indeed

Clonidine is a potent anxiolytic & sedative, lowers BP & HR, reduces norepinephrine in the CNS

"Can't sleep and need a recommendation for a strong sleeping medication"
i would almost bet (not a gambler) that bromazolam would be worth a try. just an opinion of course use it in very small increments less than .05mg at start. as needed. problem seems to be heat related as well as solved. if heat before use the efficacy ramps - just from personal experience) lots we dont know about this but the swiis got this right (for some purposes)
it has helped me a lot in this area. fwiw
should be brought back to laboratory at this instance. who do we call?
waz gonna leave a link but seems info has been "cleaned"
not bl related just saying,,,,
<3
Definitely will look into that medication thanks for recommendation update for anybody else that wants to know just got out of the emergency room no refill on my Dilaudid neuropana but just got shot up with a bunch of Valium Toradol morphine and two other things I forgot because of the morphine LOL
I miss you! @Painful One you are ok?
Write me something, Im blue these 2 days out. Now Im working,well Im at work, but I only listen to music and reading some posts from bluelight.org...I'm feeling WD symptoms of methadone. My last dose was 3 days ago.
I dropped 100mg on the flor in a stupid movement. And things at work are going wrong...though I made a mistake and now I dont know If I will continue next month...I'm anxious, fuck I need my methadone❤️
Send u my love darling
Hey there everyone just got out of the emergency room with a bunch of morphine and Valium in my veins they strung me out for about almost a week without any Dilaudid neuropana thank God I have ketamine and thank God I had a friend with Subs to get by they gave me some Norcos (hydrocodone) to get by so I got about 3 days to figure out what the fuck I'm doing to get my next Dilaudid in Opana prescription they sent me to a pain management office that's only open two days out of the week they already rejected me when was supposed to send out a letter to my doctor saying that they need to refill for a month and my doctor won't release my medication without that fucking letter they were supposed to write it even my damn social worker was there watching them do it and they're pissed as well because they just got done taking my ass to the ER explaining this to the ER staff and miraculously they gave me my medicine gave me some morphine and some Valium and other stuff and then sent me home this is complete bullshit they make you jump through hoops nowadays my fucking spinal cord is disintegrating and they are really degenerates any who the continue the topic of the page sleep terrible probably contributed to long-term use of opioids obviously that's the elephant in the room I try to manage to take some Xanax or any barbiturate I can get my hands on to make myself fall asleep on time as trazodone doesn't really do the trick anymore even at 200 mg I find that Fioricet actually really helps but it also I can feel the weight on my chest from having that in my system like really shit you can actually feel yourself not breathing as easy when you have all that concoction in you benzos barbiturates and opioids I don't recommend it unless you have a tolerance of the Gods and can't absorb medication like I do but yeah go right ahead I saw someone here earlier posting that I someone was using rohypno on themselves to get to sleep due to trauma makes sense I have three forms of PTSD it took 4 years of ketamine treatment to actually get to a place where I wasn't flashing back every 10 seconds I can totally see myself doing that I'm actually going to be leaving the country soon and hopefully get some treatment overseas hopefully I can get better treatment as it is my country of origin. That should be a new thread which country is the best country to get long-term care in I might start that soon 🤔 News-Flash for anybody reading this it's not the United States. LoL also happy Halloween to the community and moderators at Blue Light!

FYI if my punctuation or spelling is off note that I just am exhausted from sleep deprivation and also just getting shot up with morphine so I'm not really paying attention to either of those things LOL

SEROQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tried even 800 mg doesn't do it I had a friend that was taking Dilaudid fentanyl morphine and heroin at the same time they eventually developed such a tolerance to that where not sleeping for 3 days was common the hospital was very weary about giving them any medication cuz they had heroin system so they just kept doping them up until they were hysterical and unable to sleep but also unable to function. I think she told me she had up to 800 to 1,000 mg at one point and she would just go outside and smoke a cigarette she wqs feeling like (are you serious this ain't doing shit.) They eventually gave her some benzodiazepines to knock her out. God I love IV Ativan 😍. Anyways I might try Seroquel because I haven't had it in a long ass time but I don't it would work if 2 mg of Xanax and 200 mg trazodone ain't doing shit while taking ketamine I'm the type of person that if I at least try something and I fail at least I tried so I'll give it a shot.