• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD Megathread

My mom found these online and got them for me to try. I haven't had success with CBD products for pain relief, unless they're combined with THC (a 1:1 ratio works well with minimal intoxication). No THC in these mainstream products. Instead they contain "full-spectrum nanomized CBD hemp extract" which I had to look up. Apparently it's a real thing which is supposed to increase bioavailability.

No mention anywhere of CBD's anti-inflammatory or pain relieving properties. Instead the product names suggest what non FDA-approved claims are made for these supplements.

Nice Dreams
20210703-151826.jpg

This product definitely worked, although I didn't make a note of the dreams I had I definitely got a good night's sleep. Most likely due to the unspecified Melatonin content and not the CBD (100mg/bottle, 3.3mg/dose). The amino acids L-tryptophan and GABA might have an effect but typically in doses of 100s of mg. However there are some surprisingly unrighteous ingredients...
20210703-150059.jpg

Artificial flavors and sweeteners...? c'mon Maaan!

Good Vibes
20210703-151658.jpg

Considering that caffeine is listed in the ingredients just below CBD (100mg per bottle) there's less caffeine in the whole bottle than in one cup of coffee... No jitters No crash No wonder!

Although it doesn't specify the amounts of taurine and vitamins per dose are likely less than in a can of Red Bull
20210703-152148.jpg

I took three or four droppers full, and noticed nothing. I might just do something reckless pretty soon and chug the rest of it.

That reminds me of a Cheech and Chong record where they're playing two dogs...

Cheech: Hey man! Let's go get off on the car exhaust!

Chong: No maaan, that stuff causes brain damage...!

Cheech: Brain damage from car exhaust?!

Chong: No. Brain damage from getting your head run over by the back tire!

Last edited:
I've always wondered about these types of products, however, just looking at the online price of those bottles which appear to be nothing more than 100mg of "nano CBD" total per bottle for that price... I can't justify that at all. Honestly that's insanely overpriced from the website I'm looking at.

I've had some decent legal "chill" drinks like that which were decent, however they were $*snip* per bottle... not what those are selling at

good review, though!

and yeah, very un-chong like with all those artificial bullshits in there

Last edited by a moderator:
cdb business is shit. its basically hippies selling useless shit because its so much lower than an effective dose.

*snip* is selling big jars of coconut oil with 100g of CDB isolate for a reasonable price.

CDB daily dosage for adult humans should be hundreds of milligrams to over a gram per day. Most of the scum selling CDB dont but a daily dose in a bottle and sell it for obscene amounts of profit.

SHAME SHAME SHAME.

we have cheap and effective medication, and it gets exploited for profit. hurray

Last edited by a moderator:
cdb business is shit. its basically hippies selling useless shit because its so much lower than an effective dose.

*snip* is selling big jars of coconut oil with 100g of CDB isolate for a reasonable price.

CDB daily dosage for adult humans should be hundreds of milligrams to over a gram per day. Most of the scum selling CDB dont but a daily dose in a bottle and sell it for obscene amounts of profit.

SHAME SHAME SHAME.

we have cheap and effective medication, and it gets exploited for profit. hurray
I agree with your sentiment, but don't name sources please.

and yet TOMMY CHONG IS A SOURCE SELLING CDB AND THATS IN THE THREAD TITLE

stupid rules
Tommy Chong is the brand. It could be considered a source but in this case he's reviewing the brand. He didn't say where he got it online. He surely didn't get it from Tommy Chong himself.

If you had said that what you said was a brand, then I wouldn't have edited it. But your wording made it sound like a source.

the name I mentioned was a brand too... I didn't even say where to get it.

the name I mentioned was a brand too... I didn't even say where to get it.
Your wording sounded like a source to me. All I did was edit the post. If you'd like to reword it, go for it. Yes it is ambiguous in this particular circumstance but it's an important rule to avoid shills and vendors, so wording does matter.

Last edited:
By the way I just saw my mom and she asked me if I liked it and I told it was just OK. " I've been getting emails practically every day from Tommy Chong, the last one said he and Cheech are going to make a new movie but every single one is a sales pitch..."

On occasion I’ve mentioned brands. And chains of stores. I really do consider it economic harm reduction applied to a plant to get the lowest price possible.

But I wouldn’t list store address, price or specific product availability.

There are grey lines that I haven’t seen crossed yet - such as ‘where is the closest weed store to the halifax airport’. I probably wouldn’t delete a post that listed the address of a sole, government weed store in a city or town. B/c, well I don’t want anyone to go to jail.

Internet sucks total shit where I am, at least going through a cell phone. Will get fibre in 2 weeks time.

Tom

On occasion I’ve mentioned brands. And chains of stores. I really do consider it economic harm reduction applied to a plant to get the lowest price possible.

But I wouldn’t list store address, price or specific product availability.

There are grey lines that I haven’t seen crossed yet - such as ‘where is the closest weed store to the halifax airport’. I probably wouldn’t delete a post that listed the address of a sole, government weed store in a city or town. B/c, well I don’t want anyone to go to jail.

Internet sucks total shit where I am, at least going through a cell phone. Will get fibre in 2 weeks time.

Tom
makes sense.

It can be done... How do ya’ll think I was able to try THCV? :) (CBDV isomerization)

No glacial acetic acid needed. 1g CBD to 10ml alcohol (methanol, ethanol or isopropyl will do) then drop in 1 drop of conc. sulfuric acid. Reflux for 2-3hours, then let cool. Flood with 10-20ml dh2o and the oil will separate. Carefully pipette off the water leaving the oil droplets. Wash again with fresh distilled water, removing same as before.

Now re-dissolve the oil leftover in minimal amount of fresh alcohol, suck it up and drop it into an appropriate concentrate container (little wide glass jars often sold in). Let the alcohol evaporate and you’ll now have all that oil contained in an area that will be easy to retrieve.

This produces THC with zero THCA, so the end product is an oil not a crystalline solid. Very potent stuff though. Makes for good edibles too.

-GC
What temp for reflux

Welcome, dude.
G will be around shortly if not already... please feel free to browse our wonderful array of madness and debauchery? lol
JK
But yeah, peace

Welcome, dude.
G will be around shortly if not already... please feel free to browse our wonderful array of madness and debauchery? lol
JK
But yeah, peace
I appreciate the love I been into chemistry, and everything thc; just now learning the cbd side I love learning new things delta 8 took the world by storm hopefully I'll be apart of future cbd conversions it's definitely been amazing to see

Welcome, dude.
JK
But yeah, peace
I appreciate the love I been into chemistry, and everything thc; just now learning the cbd side I love learning new things delta 8 took the world by storm hopefully I'll be apart of future cbd conversions it's definitely been amazing to see.

As an old time weed head this stuff took me by surprise when I ran out of flower. Shocked.
Although I am of the opinion that my mind is expansive, I find that specialties (such as chem) take a lot more resources to get into so like it but clueless mostly.
Cool bro. Maybe we see ya around? Memory span and all that gotta bounce around.
Keep me posted on any rc cannonaded(s) ya may come up with lol jk
genie pig
haha
one

As an old time weed head this stuff took me by surprise when I ran out of flower. Shocked.
Although I am of the opinion that my mind is expansive, I find that specialties (such as chem) take a lot more resources to get into so like it but clueless mostly.
Cool bro. Maybe we see ya around? Memory span and all that gotta bounce around.
Keep me posted on any rc cannonaded(s) ya may come up with lol jk
genie pig
haha
one
😁