• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News CBD Tends to Perplex Regulators. Hong Kong’s New Ban Reinforces Asia’s Strict Drug Approach

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

CBD Tends to Perplex Regulators. Hong Kong’s New Ban Reinforces Asia’s Strict Drug Approach

Chad De Guzman
Time
31 Jan 2023

Excerpt:
Hong Kong on Wednesday made possession, consumption, and distribution of cannabidiol, or CBD, illegal.

While some governments across the world have legalized or moved toward decriminalizing cannabis, including Thailand last year, cannabis itself remains illegal in most countries, with related offenses often punishable by long prison sentences.

Still, products containing the cannabis-derived compound CBD have become increasingly popular in recent years, touted to have therapeutic benefits. And it’s long existed in a legal gray area for regulators. As of last February, the global market for CBD was estimated to reach $48 billion by 2028.

In Hong Kong, a growing market had emerged for products containing CBD, ranging from skincare to food and beverage items. Months before the ban, one could, for example, walk into a specialty cafe and buy CBD-infused chocolate chip cookies or get a few drops of the compound in their smoothie or coffee.

But local authorities have argued that the science behind CBD’s supposed therapeutic qualities is not absolute and that its use may actually have harmful side effects. As of Feb. 1, CBD has been categorized as a “dangerous drug,” along with the likes of heroin, cocaine, and methamphetamine.

It's kinda funny to me, as CBD doesn't affect me at all..
I used potent oils (or at least "supposedly potent") with absolutely no effects.
Funny that something that feels like nothing at all to some people is illegal anywhere...
CBN and CBG seems to be better as isolated substances, but I didn't try it myself, so perhaps another snake oil?

It's kinda funny to me, as CBD doesn't affect me at all..
I used potent oils (or at least "supposedly potent") with absolutely no effects.
Funny that something that feels like nothing at all to some people is illegal anywhere...
CBN and CBG seems to be better as isolated substances, but I didn't try it myself, so perhaps another snake oil?
I don't feel anything from CBD unless I take like 800mg, and even then it's really just a mild sense of feeling "less tense".

CBN is great, though. It actually feels psychoactive, I love it. Kinda expensive though. It's great by itself or mixed with THC.

I don't feel anything from CBD unless I take like 800mg, and even then it's really just a mild sense of feeling "less tense".

CBN is great, though. It actually feels psychoactive, I love it. Kinda expensive though. It's great by itself or mixed with THC.
There's a vendor I love (cannot say anything else, you know..) that it's currently selling CBN oil, and they also added kanna products to their page, kinda expensive, but CBD is pretty expensive considering it's innefectiveness...

I'm starting to regain interest in kanna, since I think it could help me currently to disconnect from daily use of kratom and going into a semi-sober state of "nootropics +kava + kanna". That, and oneirogens. I would use occasional psychs or whatever thing to try, but just as a try, not an habit. As a ADHDer I hate habits, even good pleasurable habits :laughing:
I want to make my ex-gf stop antidepressants (years taking that shit... to no avail) with the help of kanna.
The sad thing of kanna is that the herb itself it's usually so weak (because of sloppy vendors/distributors) so one needs to expend a good amount of money in extracts.

I would like to use some cannabinoid that could help me gain psychedelic awareness and creativity (like good sativa strains) but without the paranoia, lazyness, later lethargy and brain fog...
there's anything like that??

Only time I felt CBD was when I licked some pure xtals after smoking some high THC, very low CBD strain and felt like high was transforming to something a lot more in my liking.. placebo? I don’t think so..

But I don’t think most people (especially if they ever smoked “real” weed or done other “real” drugs) can feel pure CBD, except in very huge doses. CBD weed is a bit different and can work even for poly-drug ab(users) like me if enough of a tolerance break with weed is taken and certainly in combos. 0.5% THC, high CBD weed was really noticable whit opiods or N2O for example. And high CBG weed worked even better. Tho I would still have rather smoked “normal weed” in almost any case but CBD/CBG do have some potential..