• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower Chronic pain

PDXman

Bluelighter
I live with chronic back pain, the result of falling nearly 2 stories landing on a concrete floor...47 years ago. For 7 or 8 years I was prescribed fentanyl 100 mcg patches. Two years ago I peeled off my last patch, after a 4 month weaning off period.
Now, besides chiropractic care, my only pain relief is smoking flower, and using a CBD cream. Unfortunately arthritis only get worse. If anyone has suggestions for pain relief, please share them. (No opiates please). Any workouts, exercises, etc suggestions...well, I'm almost 70, so I can do the easy ones.
Peace
PDXman

What's up @PDXman - welcome to Bluelight :)

I have lower back pain and was taught some stretches. Have you ever done physical therapy?

Hi madness00. Cool username.
I do some stretching, so I know it works. If you know of a good website for stretching, please share it with me. I'm open for any suggestions. Thanks.
Peace

If you have access to a pool, you can try water walking. It's exactly what you think it is (google it if needed), you simply walk while in the water. It is helpful for people with joint and/or pain problems who are needing exercise.

Also, tai chi is a great way to stretch in a benign manner. There are many beginning tai chi classes you can watch online or sign up for.

The CBD cream is good for local issues you are having on your body but for a more general pain relief I like to use oral CBD from isolate.

Do you roll??
Not flower I mean your muscles , with a Hard foam Roller Google it??
I have chronic pain for last 6-7 years due to radiation from cancer treatments!! Sucks as well , it will not get better, It is the price of admission my oncologists tells me " You did Not Die!!"
so I am 60 and on the opiate, CBD , vape pen with pure indica, and foam rollers. I have three of them, one mellow, one rough Spikes, and one in the middle that vibrates. I do about 20 minutes where I have pain , and works great, pain comes back always will, but makes the days I do it much better

I need to try tai chi again. Years ago I was working full time, and running my own business on the side, when I halfheartedly tried it. I did join a yoga class designed for physically compromised people like me. The yoga instructor was phenomenal! Then she moved.
My problem with classes...I now live in a beautiful tiny community (population 85) in God's country, Oregon, miles from anywhere. (I love it). No bus, train, taxis, or even Uber! But, I think I still have my tai chi dvd.

Iceman1216....the rollers really work? When I was first told about them years ago, I thought they were bullshit. I sometimes roll a tennis ball against the wall for back pain with good results. Same principle, right?!
Man, I'm glad I asked for help here. I've been worried about pain relief as I get older, and I really don't want to be on opiates again. Thanks.

Dear @PDXman,

Sorry for your troubles. I've suffered from a painful inherited arthritis condition for many years, and I FINALLY discovered that Prednisone is the only medicine that helps me.

Many people don't realize: inflammation is commonly responsible for MOST of the pain they're suffering from. Even if it's only 50% responsible, that's a lot! Take it from me (a long-time sufferer of inflammation-related pain), there is NOTHING better for controlling inflammation-related pain than Prednisone!

How much of an improvement might you expect? That depends on how much of your pain is due to inflammation. Prednisone will stop that portion of it COLD. 20mg daily can make an otherwise unbearable condition manageable. But try not to take more than that. Good luck!

BTW, there is a LOT more information about managing chronic pain here:

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/chronic-pain.856579/

Last edited:
there are some PDFs showing practical exercises for lower back pain on this page: sasksurgery.ca/patient/spine.html

I would also recommend the book The Younger Next Year Back Book. it contains many of the exercises from the PDFs but also helps you understand which ones are best for your specific injury.