• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Clobenzorex, any experiences?

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
Has anyone tried clobenzorex?

Clobenzorex is a prodrug for d-amphetamine, and is commonly sold in Mexico. Here is the structure along with some other amphetamine prodrugs:

I ordered some online and surprisingly it showed up today.

I have actually tried clobenzorex before years ago but can't really recall anything about it due to the benzos I was on at the time.

Any experiences? I'm most curious about how long it takes to take effect, and what the equivalence it has to d-amphetamine on a mg to mg basis? Maybe @plumbus-nine has some experience here having lived in Mexico?

Has anyone tried clobenzorex?

Clobenzorex is a prodrug for d-amphetamine, and is commonly sold in Mexico. Here is the structure along with some other amphetamine prodrugs:

I ordered some online and surprisingly it showed up today.

I have actually tried clobenzorex before years ago but can't really recall anything about it due to the benzos I was on at the time.

Any experiences? I'm most curious about how long it takes to take effect, and what the equivalence it has to d-amphetamine on a mg to mg basis? Maybe @plumbus-nine has some experience here having lived in Mexico?

Please report back, I’ll be ordering some ASAP if I see even slight positive results.

Edit- 20x less potent than d-Amphetamine makes it expensive but if there’s no weird side effects may still be nice.

-GC

Last edited:
I read about this a while back, and I'm also curious to hear any reports you may have.

Problem is, I have a pretty high dextroamphetamine tolerance due to daily adderall/dexedrine use.

I will test them on my girlfriend too (who doesn't have a stimulant tolerance).

One article said the conversion to d-amphetamine is, "up to 15%", so that means each 30mg capsule is about 5mg of dextroamphetamine. So not too bad. Just bought it as a curiosity, won't do much for me since I'd probably need to take 9 of them to equal my normal dose of dextroamphetamine (40mg).

That said, I can still perceive the effects of even 5mg of dextroamphetamine (if I took it in the morning). Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow morning 🤔

Please do! I hate to rush you but my curiosity is piqued on this one. Now 5mg sounds much better than 1.5.. I personally can very much feel 5, I usually take 5-10mg and max out at 20. (20 a day is for multi day road trips.)

I’m most curious to hear how this actually compares to d-Amphetamine. The other metabolites must play some role as well in this drugs pharmacology.

-GC

No rush necessary, I already rushed myself!

I took six 30mg capsules (ie, 180mg) of the clobenzorex this morning (on an empty stomach, and I poured
the contents of the powder into my mouth), which could optimally yield 28.8mg of dextroamphetamine (based on that 15% figure).

The effect reminds me of dexedrine spansules (extended release d-amph), which I frankly was never a big fan of since extended release dexedrine has an overly smooth, almost sleepy stimulation to it, but this was expected. These may be even smoother than dexedrine spansules (perhaps they are more like Vyvanse, which I've never tried). I expected this effect and largely bought them as a curiosity (and also to trial them as a possible candidate to fill the gaps in my amphetamine prescription). They do feel weaker than 4.8mg/capsule...not sure.

The 180mg of clobenzorex did get me going though. Pretty expensive, but might be useful to someone who doesn't have a high stimulant tolerance and appreciates extended release stimulants. Sometimes I dose up to 80-90mg of immediate release dextroamphetamine in a day, so my tolerance is pretty high.

Note, I found this comment made on the drug, still need to vet the accuracy, but it's an interesting read nonetheless:

"Overview of kinetics-

First pass processing of dextro clobenzorex liberates d-amphetamine as well as some hopefully conjugated form of chlorotolulene. dextro clobenzorex continues to be processed with net d amph yields nearing theoretical maximum of 25% by weight (racemic clobenxorex-> only dextro isomer can be processed into amphetamine demonstrated by absence of levo metabolite in vitro despite racemic parent compound; 2' chlorine not compatible with CYP. Secondary chlorotolulene confers radically increased Lipophilicity and subsequently uniform high levels of perfusion in tissue, the highest of any amphetamine derivative compared. This is highly interactive with peripheral serotonin systems and leads to dangerous symptoms including but not limited to pulmonary hypertension, vascular dysfunction and necrosis, aortic rupture.

This is a dangerous drug and amphetamine metabolites are secondary to parasympathetic serotonin pathways. You take this for a side effect when the majority of the drug ingested does nothing but dysregulate molecular dynamics in sensitive and critical tissue types. Very low recreational potential, and the more you take the more toxic levo clobenzorex there is in your blood.

Do not assume that this is safe just because literature is lacking. Do yourself a favor and only take 30-60mg a day max if your BMI falls into overweight categories."

Interesting. I have ADHD, but I highly doubt that any psychiatrist is going to prescribe me Adderal, given my well-documented history of addiction. (Ironically, I believe that my misdiagnoses in the past led me to self-medicate via stimulants.) I'm not on anything right now, but this is good to know for future reference.

Note, I found this comment made on the drug, still need to vet the accuracy, but it's an interesting read nonetheless:

"Overview of kinetics-

First pass processing of dextro clobenzorex liberates d-amphetamine as well as some hopefully conjugated form of chlorotolulene. dextro clobenzorex continues to be processed with net d amph yields nearing theoretical maximum of 25% by weight (racemic clobenxorex-> only dextro isomer can be processed into amphetamine demonstrated by absence of levo metabolite in vitro despite racemic parent compound; 2' chlorine not compatible with CYP. Secondary chlorotolulene confers radically increased Lipophilicity and subsequently uniform high levels of perfusion in tissue, the highest of any amphetamine derivative compared. This is highly interactive with peripheral serotonin systems and leads to dangerous symptoms including but not limited to pulmonary hypertension, vascular dysfunction and necrosis, aortic rupture.

This is a dangerous drug and amphetamine metabolites are secondary to parasympathetic serotonin pathways. You take this for a side effect when the majority of the drug ingested does nothing but dysregulate molecular dynamics in sensitive and critical tissue types. Very low recreational potential, and the more you take the more toxic levo clobenzorex there is in your blood.

Do not assume that this is safe just because literature is lacking. Do yourself a favor and only take 30-60mg a day max if your BMI falls into overweight categories."

This is what I was curious about. I had a feeling there had to possibly be some toxic metabolites produced as well. You noticing any toxic side effects at dose you took?

Btw appreciate your efforts!! I feel me and you are a lot alike in our desire to try new substances. Threads like this is what I live for.

-GC

This is what I was curious about. I had a feeling there had to possibly be some toxic metabolites produced as well. You noticing any toxic side effects at dose you took?

Btw appreciate your efforts!! I feel me and you are a lot alike in our desire to try new substances. Threads like this is what I live for.

-GC

No i didn't notice anything alarming.

What did happen however was that it seemed to wear off pretty quickly, at least the clearly stimulating portion of it.

Seems like 20-30 minutes or so after dosing there is a noticeable amphetamine-like effect, with a clear onset, but then it seems to weaken fairly quickly. I gave some to my girlfriend and she reported the same thing. (I gave her two capsules, then two more around 6 hours later.)

It certainly feels a bit different than amphetamine as a whole, but for a period of time it fairly closely resembles the effect of dextroamphetamine, then fades into rather faint background stimulation.

As far as what that guy wrote about clobenzorex, I'm not sure I follow the point about, "This is highly interactive with peripheral serotonin systems and leads to dangerous symptoms including but not limited to pulmonary hypertension, vascular dysfunction and necrosis, aortic rupture". Not sure what "this" he's referring or how the chlorotolulene conjugate is interacting with "peripheral serotonin systems". On the flipside he seems to have some familiarity with the matter so who knows.

Last edited:
No i didn't notice anything alarming.

What did happen however was that it seemed to wear off pretty quickly, at least the clearly stimulating portion of it.

Seems like 20-30 minutes or so after dosing there is a noticeable amphetamine-like effect, with a clear onset, but then it seems to weaken fairly quickly. I gave some to my girlfriend and she reported the same thing. (I gave her two capsules, then two more around 6 hours later.)

It certainly feels a bit different than amphetamine as a whole, but for a period of time it fairly closely resembles the effect of dextroamphetamine, then fades into rather faint background stimulation.

As far as what that guy wrote about clobenzorex, I'm not sure I follow the point about, "This is highly interactive with peripheral serotonin systems and leads to dangerous symptoms including but not limited to pulmonary hypertension, vascular dysfunction and necrosis, aortic rupture". Not sure what "this" he's referring or how the chlorotolulene conjugate is interacting with "peripheral serotonin systems". On the flipside he seems to have some familiarity with the matter so who knows.

I’ve been trying to look more into what he’s saying and finding nothing.. Overall no word on worrisome toxicity even with chronic administration.

How long did duration last before it wore off?

-GC

I’ve been trying to look more into what he’s saying and finding nothing.. Overall no word on worrisome toxicity even with chronic administration.

How long did duration last before it wore off?

-GC

Hard to say, I took some adderall a few hours after so I'm not the best test subject.

My girlfriend is a much better test subject, and it seemed to last 4-6 hours for her from what I could gather. But she can be a very frustrating person to extract subtle qualitative data from (for instance, when she says, "i don't feel it anymore", what she really means is that she no longer feels any strong or moderately strong effects).

Its funny, i think to every girlfriend or even friend i've ever had in my life I've said at one point, "hey take this" (guess they see me credible enough). Even funnier, the friend that I've given perhaps the weirdest assortment of random things (most of which I was too afraid to take myself), like capsules of wormwood oil, diethyl ether i extracted from a can of starting fluid, a zyprexa tablet I found on the street, a large line of DPT (a drug I would personally never snort) etc, is a comestic surgeon now.

To this day he still believes that I actually exposed him to enriched uranium back in high school (I had a vial of iodine crystals and told him to stick his finger in and the vapor caused his finger to magically turn yellow despite not making contact...I told him, "that was enriched uranium" -- which to my surprise he actually believed, and perhaps more surprisingly still believes 🤣).

As an update, I haven't tried the clobenzorex again since that one day (I'm waiting till I run out of ADHD meds before I revisit it), but I've given it to my girlfriend a good number of times now and she seems to be a fan.

I give her 2-3 capsules in one dose (she prefers 3), with no additional doses later one. She reports it to be a good functional stimulant, perhaps some mood energy boost. Seems to kick in under 30 minutes with a physically stimulating push that lasts for a few hours, then fading into more subtle background stimulation for what seems to be a fairly long period of time. Those 3 capsules must be fairly strong for her since she says, "I don't know how you took 6 capsules of this stuff the first time you tried it".

But not only did I have 6 capsules the first (and only) time I tried it, I took 40mg of adderall around 3 hours later. The combo turned out to be a bad one, I felt edgy and uncomfortable all day long, even into the evening.

Not sure how well it will work for me, but I ended up ordering more for my girlfriend. The house is definitely cleaner when she takes it (not that I care much about that sort of thing). Chlorbenzorex is pretty expensive so it might not be great for someone like me (ie, someone with a high tolerance to stimulants) -- particularly since the doses I need might produce excess amounts of the potentially toxic chlorinated metabolites.

Oh damn it's prescription only as well. Just thought I'd found my legal amphetamine source here in MX. I'm suffering from legit (diagnosed) inattentive ADD but the local docs don't want to prescribe me amphetamines. Maybe I'll have luck with clobenzorex. Does anybody know what the official indications for this one are?

Oh damn it's prescription only as well. Just thought I'd found my legal amphetamine source here in MX. I'm suffering from legit (diagnosed) inattentive ADD but the local docs don't want to prescribe me amphetamines. Maybe I'll have luck with clobenzorex. Does anybody know what the official indications for this one are?

Obesity. I don't believe it is indicated for anything else.

I would imagine it isn’t difficult to get in Mexico if I can get it fairly easy here in the US. Also, many years ago (about 15 years), I bought it otc in Tijuana. Then again, that was back when you could easily buy ketamine there at any "Farmacia Veterinaria" (which is no longer the case).

Clobenzorex kicks in faster than one would expect, way more of a flash-in-the-pan than say dexedrine spansules. But while my experience of it with those 6 capsules was dirtied by adderall i took after, it definitely did seem to linger around in the background for a while. And while my girlfriend might say the effect has completely worn off, I notice that when she takes it she stays up later and seems more alert in the evening.

"Overview of kinetics-

I've seen comments like this but haven't found a source. If true it's concerning since I've taken 6-8x 30mg daily for the past month lol. I'm wondering if some RC stimulants would be less dangerous.

It works, feels like vyvanse but needs a higher dose. Been using it for a couple months cuz I have no script for dex. I take like 4 in the morning then a couple more later. Too expensive but works.

I've seen comments like this but haven't found a source. If true it's concerning since I've taken 6-8x 30mg daily for the past month lol. I'm wondering if some RC stimulants would be less dangerous.

Yeah he posted on reddit, said he had sources, but never shared them. Thing is, I've scoured the web and haven't found those sources.

That said, ive read of a few cases of dilated cardiomyopathy associated with clobenzorex, and it does feel like it causes more hypertension than the equivalent amount of dextroamphetamine.

Yeah he posted on reddit, said he had sources, but never shared them. Thing is, I've scoured the web and haven't found those sources.

That said, ive read of a few cases of dilated cardiomyopathy associated with clobenzorex, and it does feel like it causes more hypertension than the equivalent amount of dextroamphetamine.
It actually feels slightly less cardio intense to me vs Dexedrine, or at least just equal. Definitely doesn’t feel like it’s harder on my body.