• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine Comedown & Addiction

oh i see. we'll have to try it next time. i'll let you know what we think.
and its not bad to be amped and then take a valium? heard of people having heartattacks with that kind of combo.

stvtlb said:
oh i see. we'll have to try it next time. i'll let you know what we think.
and its not bad to be amped and then take a valium? heard of people having heartattacks with that kind of combo.

You'd have a better chance of having a heart attack without the valiums! In reality, they give you valium when admitted to the ER for heart complications due to cocaine overdose. Enjoy with confidence!

Le Junk

oh i see. thank you. i was told that taking valiums after coke was a bad idea. but now i'm not paranoid of a heartattack. let us know if you ever come to vegas!

Fish oil or Omega-3 is good for any comedown and everyday life imo, with or without drugs. I take t everyday and it has significanly changed my life, it has basically cut out depression from my life, and way better than any anti-depressant could, and believe me, im young but ive done them all.

Its excellent stuff. 1000mg, 3 times a day with food is best.

stvtlb said:
oh i see. thank you. i was told that taking valiums after coke was a bad idea. but now i'm not paranoid of a heartattack. let us know if you ever come to vegas!

Of course I'll let you know. I'll be staying with you guys! ;)

Le Junk=D

smoke a few joints.. then sleep through it. I always sleep through comedowns, its the best way.
If you can't sleep just sit infront on a few dvds or tv.. drink lots of vitiman c based drinks- orange juice etc.. that always helps me out.x

cocaine comedown tips.. hmmm well you really only have two options..

a) snort more

b) smoke some weed, <--- helps alot

cute one le junk. we do have a extra room. lol. gonna try that omega 3. thanks everyone

I got into a debate with a teacher about this the day. She said that cocaine made you physically addicted but I told her that she was wrong it's only psychologically addicting. She laughed and look at me like I was the biggest idiot in the world. (Am I? lol.) I could have sworn I read somewhere (Erowid?) that it does not cause any physical dependence. If I am right can anyone show me some viable evidence from a website or something that could actually be considered facts? (basically a website a teacher would believe.)

Thanks!

Most people I talk to who were addicted to crack or powder coke speak more of pyschological w/ds. Your teacher probaly thinks your a druggie now lol

Yeah, cocaine is psychologically addicting, but not physically. I guess you could consider the considerable depression following discontinuation physical since it has a physical cause, but most people wouldn't go that far.

Purely psychological, though some people get physical side effects from suddenly stopping coke, it's still all in the head.

Yessssss I was right =] Can anyone show me a reliable (remember were talking about a high school teachers standards) site that says this? I doubt any of those sites will admit that it's not physically addicting though =/

no one can show you a reliable source that says this because it's not true. cocaine can cause a physical dependency whereby one experiences some or all of a set of physiological symptoms caused by the absence of cocaine.

There's a physical element related to brain chemistry/wiring and such, but IMO it's mostly psychological. You could of course look at it either way, but it's certainly not physically addictive in the sense that heroin is... you won't experience agonizing physical symptoms when you stop.

I've been through Coke WD's and I'd say there is some physical dependency althought not near as bad as opiates.

^i think its debatable. there certainly isn't a withdrawal syndrome thats comparable whats caused by long term opioid, alcohol, barbituate or benzo use. with those substances, theres an actual sickness with measurable effects (ie. vomiting, seizures, sweats etc.)

whereas with cocaine (and other stimulants), users report feeling lethargic and depressed when abstaining, but theres no measurable physical symptoms besides that. so in a sense, its all in their head. whether thats described as physical or psychological is a whole subject that can be debated (as in, what is the physical cause of our psychological state? is it a separate thing?)

to the OP: i would just drop it. i mean, most drug users would probably anecdotally agree with you, but your not gonna find anything that would hold weight for your teacher i think. with people like that, it doesn't matter what you do or say, they are not gonna change their mind on the subject. as a drug user, it's frustrating, but you're gonna run into a lot of people who don't understand drug use in your life, so get used to shrugging it off.

good luck.

Tell her you'd like to partake in an experiment where you'll be the subject to determine whether or not one exhibits physical withdrawals from the daily use of cocaine by different routes of administration over the course of a month. Hell, why not make it two...

Then tell her you'd like to perform another experiment of the same nature using yourself as the subject again, only this time to exhibit what real physical withdrawal symptoms are from the daily use of heroin for a given amount of time.

Tell her you'll document the experiments extensively, with a full page, double-spaced report in comic-sans to boot.

You'll get an A, I guarantee

^ LOL. Sign me up, too. I love research in the field. :D

But really, you were right Squish, even though there are technically physical effects after cessation of use. Not quite the same as with a physical addiction, like from opiates, though. 'Withdrawal' from coke is not what you would consider typical of withdrawal - it's a stimulant and if you quit relying on a stimulant after a prolonged period of use, how do you expect to feel? Tired and lethargic, bored, depressed even.

I guess it depends on how you define 'withdrawal' and how you define 'physical'...