• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine IV Guide

temporary error said:
I've found that when IV'ing coke, sitting down is a must. I find that after I pull the needle out, I have about 5 seconds or so until I here the train pulling in to the station. If I do a larg-ish dose, I almost feel like I'm going to vomit, but deep slow breaths through the mouth, along with small sips of water usually combat the nausea.

I will say that after IV'ing, I will NEVER snort coke again. If I'm offered a line, and have no way to IV at the moment, I just won't do the line. All it would do is irritate me.

just my .02.

best description on here so far. alson ive been I.V. ing coke for around 3 years on and off now

Fight Club said:
Thought I would make one correction to the original post that was touched on above, but not clearly enough:

If you tie off, and don't release the tie before you inject you cannot tell if the shot is too big until its too late. This risk far outweighs vein rupture, etc.

If you are shooting in the danger zone (anything more than .25 g of the stuff I used to get, your mileage may vary . . .) ALWAYS release the tie before you push, push half, count to 10, push the rest if you are still OK.

This practice saved my life once. With .5 g in the syringe I OD'd with half of it still in the barrel. If I had finished with a tie on, then released it, I wouldn't be writing this today.

FC

also really good advice. its just so hard to gauge the dose for a nice strong hit like meaning over a .3. sometimes its really hard to tell if im gonna have a seizure or just a massive rush and maybe vomit.=D

If you are shooting in the danger zone (anything more than .25 g of the stuff I used to get, your mileage may vary . . .) ALWAYS release the tie before you push, push half, count to 10, push the rest if you are still OK.

This practice saved my life once. With .5 g in the syringe I OD'd with half of it still in the barrel. If I had finished with a tie on, then released it, I wouldn't be writing this today.

You're stories are always wild FC. Fuck, I can't imagine what kind of lifestyle you lived man. I mean I did coke hundreds of times with some mean fluff and never OD'd, though probably came very close a couple times. You make it seems like I never really did coke if I've never od'd ;/

God damn this thread is old, none of those heads still post anymore besides one.

Some further recommendations to minimise danger

1) preload, but no more than 10 shots
2) do not inject more than 0.12 per shot (forget the rubbish about "hearing the train coming", and use precision scales)
3) do your sessions away from furniture and hard objects but near soft objects like pillows and mattresses
4) take an anticonvulsive like valium before your first shot (is 5mg valium enough?)
5) if you're on any medication, check they don't have seizures (aka convulsions, epilipsia, grand mal) as possible side effects
6) to avoid stabbing yourself if (when) you drop, use small insulin syringes with short needles
7) do some push-ups between shots to burst any coke "pockets" that may have built up in your system
9) crawl to the bathroom rather than walk to it

xxl said:
2) do not inject more than 0.12 per shot (forget the rubbish about "hearing the train coming", and use precision scales)
3) do your sessions away from furniture and hard objects but near soft objects like pillows and mattresses
4) take an anticonvulsive like valium before your first shot (is 5mg valium enough?)
5) if you're on any medication, check they don't have seizures (aka convulsions, epilipsia, grand mal) as possible side effects
6) to avoid stabbing yourself if (when) you drop, use small insulin syringes with short needles
7) do some push-ups between shots to burst any coke "pockets" that may have built up in your system

dude your fuckin' wierd. "Crawl" i think your a little paranoid bud. and yeah that "rubbish" about the train coming is what happens when you actually have a good shot of coke not some pussy .1 for all your shots. that advice would be good if you were doing a quarter gram or more but ive never seen anyone fall out from doing a point of lello.

NW-baltiland said:
dude your fuckin' wierd. "Crawl" i think your a little paranoid bud.
I've come to the conclusion that the main hasard is not so much the neurological consequences of a coke-seizure as breaking your neck when you fall. Put it more optimistically: you can afford coke seizures if you don't badly hurt yourself when you fall. Falling in a bathroom is seldom harmless because you fall on ceramics. For reasons already hinted at in this forum, seizures often occur when standing up suddently and walking (eg to the bathroom). I agree I'm paranoid: last time I IVed I had a seizure. Never had one in my life before, in fact never even fainted once before in my whole life. If I go at IV coke again (I probably will given a "good opportunity") I will do 0.1 shots and I will see if I can get accustomed to wearing a moutain biker's helmet (or a hockey player's) while shooting. No kidding.

xxl said:

Is it just me or is there a tinge of sarcasm in your post? In any case, I think you did a great (although easy to miss) job at portraying the ugliness of shooting coke.

Jamshyd said:
Is it just me or is there a tinge of sarcasm in your post?
No sarcasm this time I swear!

I plan to take all these precautions if and when I shoot C next time.

I'm still in two minds about a headgear because I grow extremely talkative when doing C and I make lots of phone calls. Some helmets cover the ears.

How 'bout this one?

DunceCap.jpg

man standing up and walking around right after a strong shot is jsut asking for a sezuire and hurting yourself on the fall. Now yes im not saying that every shot i do i sit there for 5 minutes after the shot before getting up. ill admit to go to bathrooms places and having one premade and do it rather quickly and getting up and walking out. but i knew the shots were smaller and nothing big at all.

After saying that majority of the time im doing shots its either in the bathroom at my house or sitting in my room by the computer. when in the batrhoom i normally do the shots sit there and start texting people on the phone lol.

But in the bedroom i do a shot and im watching tv or something like that were i dont plan on getting up and walking around. i kno a couple times were i did that shot and if i woulda got up i prolly woulda had a sezuire. but instead i just layed back on the bed and watched as my vision went double and when i looked at my hands i had 4 and i couldnt feel them and i couldnt stand up to move if i wanted to it was like my legs were paralized.

plus if ya gonna do a shot do it and sit there and enjoy it dont get up and start moving trying to cap needle or this and that. your more likely to get a needle prick or hurt yourself while u come up on the shot. enjoy your shot then do what u need to once your past the peak.

From what I'm thinking getting to seizure is past a bellringer? Maybe past rush? Im shooting for first is taste lips and tongue go numb then ding down intense rush maybe should sit down. Am i correct?

I've found that when IV'ing coke, sitting down is a must. I find that after I pull the needle out, I have about 5 seconds or so until I here the train pulling in to the station. If I do a larg-ish dose, I almost feel like I'm going to vomit, but deep slow breaths through the mouth, along with small sips of water usually combat the nausea.

I will say that after IV'ing, I will NEVER snort coke again. If I'm offered a line, and have no way to IV at the moment, I just won't do the line. All it would do is irritate me.

just my .02.
Ive copped for people who don't like iv method and they offer to share. Its sucks after first mini rush from snorting! All i could think about is banging a little bit.
"if you go into siezeres then you had to much"

....really?... damn dident know that one

*rolls eyes*

just my .02.

In case he doesn't answer, I'm almost positive he meant 150mg.

I like to control how fast the drug hits by controlling how fast I push the plunger, and with the veins any junkie would want for christmas I therefore never tie off. Do what works for you, and don't hurry or use old gears.
I like to think i do as well but find myself pushing hard once I start.

Tying off is a waste of time. Is it REALLY that hard to hit the vein people? Even if it is, aren't you practiced enough in injecting yourselves that you get over it? Tying off is something for people who have never injected themselves before, but come on people. Injecting is really easy. Register blood? Push. That's it. If you feel like you moved around or your nervous, register again, that's it.

Besides what if you can't tie off, it just gets in the way. Best if I let you guys to your imagination there.

Inject very slowly. If a bump slowly forms or it feels weird, obviously your missing, so just reposition, register, and finish off. That way, no loss in case you do miss.

Best reply I’ve read on entire thread….

Hello. Can someone help me out?
Im not being able to feel any pleasant feeling from ivng no more. Instead i just have unpleasant feelings. Racing heart. Feeling like my head is gonna blow.
Six months ago i was getting bell ringers every single time then i stopped using.
Started using again a month ago and every time with different doses is a bad trip. With as low as 10mg to 75mg. This is good coke im sure.

Anyone else have had these issues?