• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News Colorado becomes second state to legalize “magic mushrooms”

I wish they would legalize mushrooms in CT, but I think it's going take years before that happens. I'm all for the legalization of Mushrooms and also LSD.

I wish they would legalize mushrooms in CT, but I think it's going take years before that happens. I'm all for the legalization of Mushrooms and also LSD.
LSD would be a cool one to see, but I've always thought that that would be 10x harder to do because it's not 'organic'. Along with the numerous decades filled with straight lies about LSD.

I really don't understand this opinion that mushrooms are somehow a 'mild' psychedelic. This is something I see time and time again on Bluelight. Psilocybin metabolises to psilocin which is 4-OH-DMT, and we all know that DMT should not be taken lightly.

LSD is like child's play when compared to psilocybin mushrooms. But the best thing about mushrooms is that the trip only lasts half as long and you have a good idea of what you're getting - unlike a tab of LSD with unknown dosage and purity.
I feel this is true, but for a different reason. Mushrooms produce a more mellow high for me, even if I eat "too much", (if there is such a thing). Acid gives my mind a real workout, even with a small dose. I still do either one on occasion.
The following is something I wrote about this subject a while ago. I apologize for it being so long.

In the past I've done LSD, shrooms, mescaline, and peyote buttons (not all at once). Everyone is different, with differing situations in their life, so I believe we each have a different take on the psychedelics we've consumed. I'm speaking for myself here, and I'm no expert. All that being said...
I like mushrooms best, because they produce a more mellow high. I've eaten shrooms on numerous occasions with my son (he's over 40 years old) over the past few years. And I've always (except once) had a great trip. I've also tripped on LSD 3 or 4 times since 2018, but only after really preparing myself mentally. It's much easier for me to "lose it" on acid, which has happened, than on mushrooms. The acid I had in the 60's had a much more profound effect on me than mushrooms or peyote.
Maybe because I'm much older now, and I certainly have a different view on life, but the acid I get today isn't nearly as potent. My trip still has sharp edges compared to shrooms, but it doesn't take my mind to the edges of my comprehension of life itself. In the 60's and early 70's, I had trips on LSD that I truly thought I wouldn't return to reality (only one that was over the edge), but there was always someone there to help. I never had an "over the edge" trip on shrooms, then or now. (BTW... I'm 72 years old now).
I guess what I'm saying is mushrooms have more potential for spiritual healing, enlightenment, or just a good time, than LSD. I'm not surprised they have decriminalization, or legalized mushrooms in some states, but not LSD.

Colorado seems to be a super liberal state in comparison with the rest of the U.S.
It's rugged terrain.
A9O7FOr.jpg

What a great thread! Imo this is a shining example of the potential to spread healing by forums such as this! I was glued to this thread from start to finish!
Perfect.
oGctyPf.gif