thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

Colorado becomes second state to legalize “magic mushrooms”

Jennifer Brown
The Colorado Sun
9 Nov 2022

Excerpt:
Ten years after legalizing the use and sale of marijuana, Colorado became only the second state in the U.S. to legalize the use of psilocybin mushrooms.

The ballot measure, Proposition 122, squeaked across the finish line as ballots were tallied the day after Election Day, receiving 51% of the vote.
The measure will allow people 21 and older to grow and share psychedelic mushrooms, as well as create state-regulated centers where people could make appointments to consume psilocybin, the hallucination-inducing compound derived from psychedelic mushrooms. It calls for licensed “healing centers” to give clients mushrooms in a supervised setting, but — unlike marijuana — does not include an option for retail sales.

Yes the mushroom epidemic destroying our society killing our friends must end.

The legalization of these will stop all the associated crime and death and the thousands of prisoners filling jails for their mushroom addictions.

The gang wars for mushroom sale turf and mushroom cartels will be obsolete.

Mushrooms...the drug that really needs to be legalized.

Yes the mushroom epidemic destroying our society killing our friends must end.

The legalization of these will stop all the associated crime and death and the thousands of prisoners filling jails for their mushroom addictions.

The gang wars for mushroom sale turf and mushroom cartels will be obsolete.

Mushrooms...the drug that really needs to be legalized.
I’m definitely with ya there. Probably won’t benefit too many people in terms of the real harms of the drug war

But I’ll take baby steps over no steps at all (or backward)

Now I need to move there..or risk being a mule. Scary berry those wonderful fungus are a felony in most surrounding states..another reason why this is a HUGE AMAZING step is because it shouldn't had been illegal to begin with just like weed..

You know the economy is hanging on a string (not doing well) when there are mushrooms and weed are being sold !! ;);)

I am all for free creativity, however.

We all have to sell something. Why not . . . Peace, Pot . . . and Mushrooms. 🍄🍄🍄🌻 That's inventive. Go economy. :weedleaf:

German weed legalisation status, pending for 330 days..........
I am so fucking jelly. Fuck all of you :(

I don't mean that. But yeah fuck you
I know the feeling. NY legalized last year and it was only in the last month that I can go into a store an buy whatever I want. It was stalled for a long time. But my town got one of the first store fronts and nobody lives here. lol But it is near my deli, I can walk if I need and the guy that owns it drives to Vermont and picks out Indica's and Sativa's himself. The taxes are killer. But quality top notch.

But yeah, took over a year and I was like WTF? Hang in there DF, it will come to pass.

Way to go Colorado. I think all drugs need to be legalized. They should be medical issues not legal issues like they were before the 1970's.

I know the feeling. NY legalized last year and it was only in the last month that I can go into a store an buy whatever I want. It was stalled for a long time. But my town got one of the first store fronts and nobody lives here. lol But it is near my deli, I can walk if I need and the guy that owns it drives to Vermont and picks out Indica's and Sativa's himself. The taxes are killer. But quality top notch.

But yeah, took over a year and I was like WTF? Hang in there DF, it will come to pass.

Way to go Colorado. I think all drugs need to be legalized. They should be medical issues not legal issues like they were before the 1970's.
rub it in my face :(

dickhead Bundeskanzler screwed us over

they're gonna wait til next election term and use it to stay in power, mark my words

Yeah legalizing shrooms is fucking not going to stop crime or shit like that BUT it sure as hell is a great thing for people who need a psychedelic experience for a reset you know..

It might though, I know many people who’ve given up addictions to other drugs because of a psychedelic experience. I don’t think we should discount the ripple effect these drugs can have in society.

-GC

It might though, I know many people who’ve given up addictions to other drugs because of a psychedelic experience. I don’t think we should discount the ripple effect these drugs can have in society.
I’d argue for every person that gives up addiction due to mushrooms, there is probably another who went psychotic :)

Not at all saying they should be illegal , but I’m not sure one can extrapolate the current results in psychedelic research out to the general population

I’d argue for every person that gives up addiction due to mushrooms, there is probably another who went psychotic :)

Not at all saying they should be illegal , but I’m not sure one can extrapolate the current results in psychedelic research out to the general population

I’ve introduced many people to psychedelics and can only think of one person who really lost it. I also knew him from the time he was just a kid and he had issues even as a child. When all the kids would play fight he would take it way too far, viciously biting, scratching, kicking and punching. Us older kids would have to hold him down until he calmed down, maybe not the best approach but looking back not sure there was a better option.

I think the risk of people going psychotic is overstated from my personal experience.

-GC

I've never heard of anyone going psychotic due to mushroom use. I think that barely ever happens.

I know that legalizing shrooms doesn't do much for the war on drugs, but it definitely does something for people like me who want shrooms and don't have access lol...Except that I'm in NY, but hopefully it happens here soon.

About time. My words of wisdom. Legalize all psychedelics

The Reality is That the Darkness That Lies Within You Is Your Greatest Teacher Among All Teachers in the Universe. If you don't completely confront all of your shadows in this life, you will be forced to do so in subsequent lives, and the experience will only grow more difficult the longer you postpone looking at it. And psychedelics enables us to totally confront all of our darkness, as well as fully face our innermost anxieties, as well as to carry out this holy task inside ourselves. Every religion on the face of the earth teaches that in order to reach our highest potential, we FIRST have to confront the darkest parts of ourselves. Because your deepest inner shadows are the only place you can ever find your Self as you melt away, every ascended master of every religion had to go through their own hell, and so does everyone else. As you are melting away, infinite lessons are being shown that are far beyond where the mind can ever go., Because you are the one who brought this torment upon yourself, the only way out is to stare it square in the face and study all there is to know about it. You will find many teachings there, since this is the stage at which the insights that precede the ascension process take place.

I’ve introduced many people to psychedelics and can only think of one person who really lost it. I also knew him from the time he was just a kid and he had issues even as a child. When all the kids would play fight he would take it way too far, viciously biting, scratching, kicking and punching. Us older kids would have to hold him down until he calmed down, maybe not the best approach but looking back not sure there was a better option.

I think the risk of people going psychotic is overstated from my personal experience.

-GC
Perhaps psychosis was a an extreme example, I just used it for the sake of illustration

I still think that the number of people who will such profound mental health benefits is vastly overestimated, and the prevalence of negative effects (including but certainly not limited to psychosis) is vastly underestimated

I kind of love that, judging from these responses and knowing what I know about the political leanings of most of you, the legalization of drugs is something we can agree on, across the spectrum. It’s not that I don’t think there would be real world (negative) consequences in some cases and I definitely think they should be regulated, but I think all or most drugs should be decriminalized. No one should have to go to jail because of addiction, which is basically another form of mental illness. But in the interests of self-determination, I think that each adult should get to decide for themselves whether they wanna risk the consequences of drug use or abuse. And yes, people should definitely be held responsible for any law-breaking activities they might have taken while under the influence, just like driving while intoxicated is illegal. But I honestly think we should be free to decide for ourselves if we wanna partake. We’re headed in the right direction here…

I've never heard of anyone going psychotic due to mushroom use. I think that barely ever happens.

I know that legalizing shrooms doesn't do much for the war on drugs, but it definitely does something for people like me who want shrooms and don't have access lol...Except that I'm in NY, but hopefully it happens here soon.
I discovered early on that strong doses even sufficing only an eighth can induce psychosis in me to the point I lose all conscious control and twice was brought to the psych unit in the hospital by police but it was nothing criminal lol they just dropped me off had the misfortune of running into them when my wits were gone

That being said I believe in legalizing nature for sure and have ignored the laws and grown them in NY for personal use did think of selling but wouldn't tell you about it however I decided not to sell honestly like I believe in the government telling me what I can do with nature lol or really what drugs are good for me I also learned early on the system wants to slap a diagnosis on me for profit their medicine is not my medicine though