• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & Alcohol

I prefer not to drink when on mushrooms. I like to just feel the experience with no other substances. But my friends have had a few beers on the come down and they were fine. Everyone reacts differently to drugs. I wouldn't suggest hard alcohol though, that on top of mushrooms can just kill your liver.

^
only makes sense if you look at it from a nausea perspective

shenkar 1 shot glass of standard "hard" alcohol contains as much alcohol as a beer , just cause most people drink more when they have it doesn't mean you have too , also i don't think shrooms are a strain on your liver or kidneys or anything , it ain't mdma or something.

BingeBoy said:
^
no it will make it less intense that's why you suffered less anxiety a bit like taking a benzo with it.

you say it yourself takes the edge off.

I'd rather a lot of the edge cut off anyway.

Maybe i'm just sayin this because last time i did shrooms I took a bad trip.

But last time I drank and did shrooms i felt just as high as I ever did if not more and the drunkness added a bit more fun to it. I was just stumbling everywhere going WEEEEEEEE!! all through the woods.
It was a good time.

I think that alcohol goes good with mushrooms but not at all during the peak. I prefer to wait till i'm getting fairly close to normal again, and then drink.

Alchohol is ok in small amounts with shrooms to take the edge off. Drinking when on LSD however is a great combo. I always drink like a fish when I drop acid.

TV_Casualty said:
Alchohol is ok in small amounts with shrooms to take the edge off. Drinking when on LSD however is a great combo. I always drink like a fish when I drop acid.

My friend once said that exact thing... Drink like a fish when im on acid. lol

last time i was on acid and drinking i burnt my arm on the oven. I burnt a hole in my long-sleeve and took it off to see chunks of shirt melted into my skin. I peeled it off. put on another shirt then grabbed my skateboard and skated down to the local 24/7 OPEN store to grab something to munch on. Hahaha

P.S. It didn't hurt either.. i didnt even feel it..

Mixing shrooms and alcohol?

I just need a quick answer here: I'm going to this outdoors music/camping thing and I imagine people will be drinking, as well as consuming shrooms. Is there any toxic danger when mixing the two? I'm just guessing that the shrooms will be cubes.

From my experience, it would probably not be that great an idea... But I just want some imput from the experts ;)

Done it before. I was fine. It wasn't fun though. Left me with a nasty chemical buzz that let me know I was high, no real trip, several min of missing memory and a desire to pass out.

It'll be fine, I find a few drinks before a trip calms the jittery comeup.

Don't get shitfaced and eat a dose of mushrooms though, you'll probably black out and do nonsensical random shit! ;)

alright, thats basically what I just read on the shroomery. I'll probably drink a brew or two and then chomp chomp`

oh... how about smoking a bit of green on the comedown then having sex?

frankly, I'm a virgin, but somehow I've snagged the most beautiful girl and she is a sex maniac. should be a religious experience =D

I've never experienced any problems with this combo other than a little stomach discomfort, but I guess that's quite common with shrooms anyway. And if you're only planning on drinking a few beers I think you'll be just fine.
Personally, I find the combination of getting shitface and eating a moderate dose of shrooms quite entertaining, but maybe that's just me ehh.

EDIT: As for cannabis on the comedown, you'll be fine too, taken that you'll not get stoned out of your mind. But expect that smoking cannabis will bring you back to a quite trippy place again if you're on comedown.
Sex on the comedown would be a fantastic experience also. Go for it :)

Yeah, I read that smoking on the comedown stretches things out. I've only done shrooms once and it was a small dose, so I'm quite looking forward to this experience.

8(

Im just generalising psych's here so dont take it as gospel.

Never done shrooms, but the only bad trip ive ever had from acid out of about 20 trips was when the footy was on and I had a party, we all got drunk(about 15-20 people) then smart me decides to get some acid so I proceed to have 2 1/2 hits of weak stuff and the rest of the night is a blur, at one point I blacked out and just stood in a position that looked like I was about to stick my dick in my friends mouth, very embarrassing. I ended up getting beaten up that night too, all because I told someone to be quiet. After everyone was gone though I had a nice time, I was so happy to finally be chilled with some fellow trippers. On our walk over to my friends house I remember seeing so many faces in the clouds, an old man, a baby, a greek god and more that I cant remember.

Cannabis is a must for me while tripping and not just on the comedown but throughout the whole trip and LOTS of it, but if your prone to anxiety or have mental health issues then id advise against it. I actually have both mental issues and anxiety and im usually fine, but cannabis brings out the visuals 10x IMO, I think ive only ever had one trip without it.

Sex....faaaark, I have had unimaginable experiences with acid and sex, it takes you to another dimension, I have also had a crazy experience while having a tug(not ashamed) where it felt as though my body was hovering off the ground during orgasm, absolutely insane, plus it makes the whole experience so completely different to regular sex. Though I dont recommend losing your virginity on drugs but if you want to and see nothing wrong with it then go right ahead and make the most of it, I guess I cant really talk, I lost my virginity on E and I dont regret it so I hope it is a special experience for you. Losing your virginity is a huge part of life IMO so if it feels right then it will be right.

I hope you have the time of your life :)

thanks for the long post.

From what I've read, sex on acid far surpasses sex on shrooms (because of the clearheadedness). I guess we'll try on the comedown. Jerking it while high usually feels well... orgasmic! =D

^ sex on acid is definitely amazing, & part of that is the clear-headedness, but i could see it being equally amazing on mushrooms... but in a more warped kind of way.

mushrooms always make me "frisky".

One thing to consider is that your, uh, capacity during sex may be somewhat impaired if you're coming down from shrooms, especially if it's your first time with sex and your second with mush. This sex maniac girl of yours ought to be aware of this. In my limited experience on the matter, sex between tripping and non-tripping people works well if and only if the non-tripping party is aware of and cool with the situation.

As for the booze, I've always found that it dulls the experience, but I know a lot of people who like to kick back a beer or two before shrooming to smooth out the mental rocket ride to the peak. If you rarely/never drink usually, it's a bad idea. If you know your tolerance and taste for booze, I would suggest drinking whatever you would normally drink to relax or get a light buzz without becoming drunk. For an average drinker, I'd say 2-3 drinks is a good target.

Have fun, and let us know how it goes!

carefull mixin alch and mushrooms. Both can slow your heart. My friend swore his heart stopped after gettin drunk then eating some muchrooms and some e. His heart was slow too, even after the ex.

Sex and mushrooms is weird. Never in the modd for it when on doses. But i dose at 3.5+ everytime usually. occasional 1.75 g dose and i could see possibly doing it then.

But i drank some beers on my comeup and it helped the comeup. And i only had a few. It tasted bad after i started feelin the shrooms though