Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & Alcohol

CreativeRandom

Ex-Bluelighter
Mushrooms Subthread: Mushrooms & Alcohol

Discuss here combination of mushrooms with alcohol!

Back to: [Mushrooms Combinations Thread]

Back to: [Main Mushrooms Thread]
mushroom-room-escape-50.jpg

Focus threads:

[original post:]

How is the mix of mushrooms and alcohol? Would the psilocybin/psilosin bind with the ethanol, and thus make you trip on shrooms within a minute of the drink (as alcohol hits you).

Or would it still take 1-2 hours to hit you, like shrooms normally do, despite the alcohol in it?

Would the alcohol have any other affect on the shrooms? Degrade it, lessen the feel, et cetera?

I'm not talking about taking enough alcohol to get drunk, just enough to soak the mushrooms in well enough, since psilocybin and psilosin are alcohol-soluble.

Sorry, but the search engine doesn't work. I hate to make a post I'm sure you guys have heard many times already.

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly, if you are not really drunk the shrooms overpower the drunk a lot.

but if you go and eat a fat sack of shrooms, then think "these are bunk" and then proceed to go get shitfaced.....well THEN you are drunk, with the normal problems in being able to deal with shit, plus you're tripping and it makes you rather sick to your stomach.

the rooms spipns on shrooms = shitty

You could make a solution of the psilocybin in hot water, too, and avoid having to take alcohol at all. It's soluble enough to not require ethanol. As for qualitative effects, I'd say you would be better off first having the mushroom preparation and having a few drinks during the effects (try to get through the onset comfortably first, though). If you're having a lot of psilocybin it might be best to avoid all alcohol.

When I drank alcohol during a mushroom trip, I found that everything seemed extremely funny. However, it lessened the profundity of the experience and made me feel much more "dumb." If you're just tripping for fun, then alcohol may lessen the anxiety associated with tripping and also heighten the euphoria.

It really dulls the trip AND subjectively lowers your drunkeness. Just eat the damn things, they shouldn't be taking 2 hours to kick in anyway.

I love to trip and drink. for me when i do this i eat and sack of booms then drink away. once the shrooms kick in they take over the power of being drunk. but after about 5 to 6 hours when the trip is dieing down. Boom the alchohol just hits me. You will get just completly fucking up it is fucking dank.

i find it extremely hard to drink while coming up, or peaking. it's just too intense, but on the comedown beer is my best friend. it helps me sleep and bring me back to reality, plus i don't get bummed that i'm not high anymore.

liquor n tripping sucks, i drank a bunch of vodka on the comedown of a acid trip and all it did was make me really warm and uncompfortable.

I'm not really talking about getting alcohol for it's qualitative effects, only the pharmacokinetic interactions of the two.

I am talking about maybe a shot or two worth of hard liquor with the mushrooms, mashed, in it. I have a bit of an alcohol tolerance as well so even at 4 shots, I barely notice alcohol in my system. I am talking about taking the mushies and alcohol together, and I am wondering about how their solubility would affect the onset of the trip.

Alcohol comes on near instantly, shrooms takes some time. If the psilocybin and psilosin was absorbed by the alcohol, wouldnt the mushroom juices/trip come on in the same manner as alcohol does?

However, pertaining to that question, I was wondering if taking an amount of alcohol, unnoticeable by itself, would alter the level, mood, or feel of the trip. I understand taking enough to get drunk would definately change the trip. But would a very little amount, as described previously, make any difference in the pharmacodynamics? My question is based on the pharmacokinetics of the two.

Like the other guy already said, just put some shrooms in hot water. It'll hit much faster.

I like to sip on a few drinks while my shroom trip is just coming on. I feel the slight alchohol buzz takes my mind off the the nausea that sometimes hits me with shrooms. Getting drunk as shit though really defeats the intention of enjoying a good trip.

simplytaylor has totally missed the point of my question. I am not drinking nearly that much, or have any intention to.

The guy mentioned using hot water. I value the every glorious MOLECULE of psilocybin and psilocin. I don't want to go about damaging them with heat. Though I do understand that probably very little damage will occur this way. BUT, water does not pass through mucous membranes, and is absorbed near instantly in the gastrointestinal tract. alcohol IS.

That is why I ponder, will the "shroomahol" kick in quick and hard in the same manner alcohol does, seeing as how the mushrooms juices are soluble in alcohol?

On the same level, you could replace "mushroom juices" with any drug soluble in alcohol. Hell I could just move this to Other Drugs where I normally stay and say "Alcohol soluble drugs and alcohol"....

prolly it would hit quicker, especially if you held it in your mouth, under your tounge. I'm just guessing tho.

Yeah don't bother mashing your alcohol and the shrooms together. And i have noticed shrooms to come on within 10 minutes so its not like the alcohol with affect the onset of the psilocybin.

I also find it hard to drink while the onset is in its most intese stage 20-40 minute mark. Although sometimes it creeps up on you and you don't put your drink down and you wonder when its going to hit. But the best idea is just to have a few brews during the trip and afterwards, to help you get to sleep, and ofcourse for the sheer pleasure of drinking :)

No, I am not talking or asking about the best way to take shrooms or if alcohol is enjoyable or not with shrooms.

Very simply, my question IS: Will the alcohol soluble substances in mushrooms (psilocybin and psilosin) BIND with the alcohol, and thus when the alcohol hits me, like alcohol normally does (hard, very fast, and immediate) , the shroom trip hit me in the same manner?

You could state it this way too: If I mash my mushrooms in the alcohol so the alcohol absorbs the psilocybin and psilosin, and drink the concoction, will I DEFINATELY feel the trip within a minute, and begin getting extremely fucked up within 5 minutes?

As oppposed to the full effects of shrooms not even noticed until about an hour if just eaten.

CreativeRandom said:
Very simply, my question IS: Will the alcohol soluble substances in mushrooms (psilocybin and psilosin) BIND with the alcohol, and thus when the alcohol hits me, like alcohol normally does (hard, very fast, and immediate) , the shroom trip hit me in the same manner?

When something dissolves in a solvent.. it does not really bind with it.. its attracted by charge differences in the case of polar molecules (llike psilo(cin/cybin)). if it bound with it, it the way you are probably htinking.. it would be a new compound.. not the case.

You could state it this way too: If I mash my mushrooms in the alcohol so the alcohol absorbs the psilocybin and psilosin, and drink the concoction, will I DEFINATELY feel the trip within a minute, and begin getting extremely fucked up within 5 minutes?

As oppposed to the full effects of shrooms not even noticed until about an hour if just eaten.

The alcohol would dissolve some of the drug. Essentially what you are doing is making an extract, but leaving in the material you extracted it from. So yeah, it would most likely hit you quicker. How much quicker.. well.. that depends on a lot of things. Like stomach contents an acidity, how much alcohol, how potent the shrooms. I don't know about highly fucked up in 5 min,. though alcohol absorbs pretty quickly.

The alcohol could also dampen the effect somewhat. A lot of people report nausea (past the regular shrooms nausea) when combining the two.

If you are goign to do this, why not just take an extra 10 minutes and completely extract the fungal matter, then discard it and just consume the liquid?

^^^^

Would alcohol be any faster than just exctracting with water (mushroom tea)?

I don't know. Assuming it carried the drug with it, I'd assume so. Alcohol defiantely absorbes a lot faster than water.

The thing is though, even if that happened... I doubt you'd get all that much benefit unless you used a concentrated extract. If you are just say, using enough vodka to soak/cover your mushrooms, and then consuming that its still alot of material to absorb drug from, so I'd guess not.

And if you aren't powedering up the mushrooms beforehand or anything.. you're probably just making a mess... and taking a few shots along with the mushrooms. Mushroom liquer can't taste good.

I wouldn't bother unless you were trying to reduce it to something you could let sit in your mouth.

If you have never tied tea, I'd try that first... and use something acidic in the water (lemon juice or something). And powder the mushrooms up beforehand. At the very least, cut tehm into very small pieces. Don't just throw whole shrooms in a pot of boiling water.

I feel the tea coming on in 10 min or so.

Re: Mushrooms and Alcohol

CreativeRandom said:
Or would it still take 1-2 hours to hit you, like shrooms normally do?

I sometimes drink one beer with my dose of mushrooms, and it tends to kick them in rather quickly.

I get very flush, my neck and face turn red when I eat mushies, and I notice this after the first 10 minutes of eating them and drinking a beer with them. I also generally eat mushrooms on a relativly empty stomach (maybe some light food like rice) so that could contribute to the quick onset as well.

I have never waited 1-2 hours to come up on shrooms, it is always fast (within 30 mins or so), maybe the peak is what you are talking about.

Good luck

Thanks fizzacyst.

Okay, lets say I am powdering the mushrooms, and the alcohol was very high proof, and I was willing to let them dissolve for much more than just 10 minutes, with adequate stirring every half hour to let the psilocyin/sin completely dissolve in the alcohol.

hell lets say that I got all the psilocybin/sin from an eigth of shrooms, all dissolved into 2 oz of alcohol.

Would the psilocybin and psilosin, THEN, kick in similiar to alcohol? I understand that powdering the shrooms, or tea, will kick in much quicker, around 30 minutes. But I'm sure you guys notice how unusually and extremely fast alcohol comes on, because it passes through mucous membranes. Hell, alcohol comes on quicker than many drugs do when snorted. This observation, is what leads to my question. Will the psilocybin and psilocin dissolved in alcohol, go through my mucous membranes and go with the alcohol in the course through my body, thus making the psilosin hit me like alcohol does? Or will the psilocybin and psilosin not pass through the mucous membranes?

It would likely get into your bloodstream faster by going with the alcohol, yeah. Nobody can really tell you how much faster though. And if you just swallow it, its going to go through the stomach like normal. If you sipped it slowly enough to expose it to the tissue in your mouth longer, it might be more pronounced.. but then it would take you longer to get everything down.

2oz of alcohol is like 4 shots of 100 proof liquor too.. so thats definately going to buzz you, especially when you consider that it would be like you straight up slamming 4 shots.

If I were you, and bent on taking them that way, I'd use grain alcohol (im not sure if you meant pure alc. or something like vodka), and then evaporate it down until stuff just barely started to crystallize or skin over.. and then put it under my tounge for as long as I could stand the taste.

Regular tea is pretty effective though...

I'm assuming you're eating them w/ somethign in your stomach? I've never had mushrooms take longer than 30min to start making me feel pretty wierd... usually less than that.