• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega (paliperidone) injections, v 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got really suicidal when they put me on invega too. For six months I wanted to die. I told my therapist.

It’s funny, the negative affects are never from the medication as far as they’re concerned.

I discovered I would feel a little better if I slept 12-14 hours a night. I didn’t work so that was possible.

I’m working now and can’t sleep 14 hours a night. But being on 39mg, i don’t feel as bad with a little less sleep. I still sleep 12 hours one or two days per week and usually 10 on the other days.

Now the poison is leaving my system, I hope to get back to 9-10 hours of sleep with 25mg seroquel and not need the 12 hour sleep days.

I hope you guys feel better soon. I still can’t feel vyvsanse and can’t feel coffee. But I do enjoy playing with the kids a little bit. And I enjoy my gf. I’m not a total vegetable any more. I hope it comes back for you guys too.
What do you do for work? I work as well 12 or 18 hours a week at a mail processing plant

But if I remember well you sleep. They placed me on injections even knowing I was not sleeping anymore and when I stopped the injections they said the insomnia had no connection with Invenga. I think I am seriously damaged. People here do small improvements till the year comes I just take somnífers to sleep barely 4 hours and lie in bed all day. I am a very bad case. I don't know why. I think because probably I was no psychotic and they placed me on this medication
Yeah i sleep quite a lot. Sometimes ill take a nap cause im bored. Ive been on a couple different medications and none of them caused me insomnia. Antipsychotics are known to put you to sleep instantly after taking. So its strange that the meds are giving you insomnia. So are you just not tired. I dind having a blank mind makes it easier to fall asleep. I just close my eyes and ill soon fall asleep. Sleeping is kind of one of my favorite things to do as i dont feel like im suffering while sleeping.

I wish I would have had the response of oversleeping. My theory says those who oversleep don't suffer much because they can heal themselves at night. If I remember well you were even working, I can't even watch tv or feel any joy. This has truly broke me. It is horrible.

People happen to have a bad period but then they get better, I don't
Yeah, I do think the sleep helps me. I always slept 9+ hours from seroquel 25mg. When I first got put on invega I didn’t realize I needed so much more sleep. I would sleep my normal 9-10 hours and get up. But I was super suicidal and anxious. Once I realized I needed 12 hours, some of the deep depression and anxiety went away.

I’m so happy to be coming off the shit for good though.

I hope you start feeling better. I know these meds are a nightmare. And I know I don’t have it as bad as some people. Sorry to hear about your experience. I know it’s unfair. Hang in there.

What do you do for work? I work as well 12 or 18 hours a week at a mail processing plant
I’m on disability. I work 20 hours a week at a restaurant. Culver’s. I make food.

When I was on 156mg INVEGA, I could barely function. I was so slow and mentally challenged. It was embarrassing and discouraging.

Yeah usually when ppl get psychosis once they get it again. Which is why they say of you have psychosis you have schizophrenia. Your lucky you only had it once and didnt get it back. For me it keeps coming back over and over again
Is mania considered pyschosis?

Yeah i sleep quite a lot. Sometimes ill take a nap cause im bored. Ive been on a couple different medications and none of them caused me insomnia. Antipsychotics are known to put you to sleep instantly after taking. So its strange that the meds are giving you insomnia. So are you just not tired. I dind having a blank mind makes it easier to fall asleep. I just close my eyes and ill soon fall asleep. Sleeping is kind of one of my favorite things to do as i dont feel like im suffering while sleeping.
For me invenga complete destroyed my sleep circle. So here I am awake after 6 somnífers at 3am

I’m on disability. I work 20 hours a week at a restaurant. Culver’s. I make food.

When I was on 156mg INVEGA, I could barely function. I was so slow and mentally challenged. It was embarrassing and discouraging.
Oh im actually applying for disability right now. I just gave my psychiatrist the disability form to fill out. Im supposed to pick it up in 2 weeks. And yeah i work at a mail processing plant but its hard. I kinda dread going to work and being at work. I dont like standing all day.
Do you have a tough time working?

Oh im actually applying for disability right now. I just gave my psychiatrist the disability form to fill out. Im supposed to pick it up in 2 weeks. And yeah i work at a mail processing plant but its hard. I kinda dread going to work and being at work. I dont like standing all day.
Do you have a tough time working?
I have a tough time working. Yeah. But at least it’s only 20 hours. I try to be positive.

Is the opposite for me I have a hard time sleeping and wake up multiple times at night

I really think I got brain damage.

Yeah i thought i had brain damage and wouldnt recover after the first time i got put on antipsychotics but i did recover. So you should be able to recover too. We prolly do have brain damage as they turned off are dopamine receptors but the brain recovers from that with time. Usually after a year. So you should be better with time. Im currently 3 months off meds and not really any improvements. Another 9 months or so until recovery.

Yeah i thought i had brain damage and wouldnt recover after the first time i got put on antipsychotics but i did recover. So you should be able to recover too. We prolly do have brain damage as they turned off are dopamine receptors but the brain recovers from that with time. Usually after a year. So you should be better with time. Im currently 3 months off meds and not really any improvements. Another 9 months or so until recovery.
yes and he dares to call himself doctors, researchers, while they are crazy (all these so-called laboratories, they spend their time looking for what will be the most harmful poison and all that with our money, he is concerned about business and how they will harm humans), they are in the service of the devil and I see no other explanation.the world really needs to wake up, we need a real revolution and abolish the illuminati order for good, that there are no longer any who breathe, since he rules the world it's only suffering , even hitler would not have dared to give xeplion to these victims, I believe that there is not such a great evil as the injection of shit invented by a shit who dares to call himself a scientist but who in reality knows what he fabricates <removed unnecessary comments - n3o>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am almost 7 months off and no improvement. Not even sleep came back

Man, I’m a little worried about my dopamine not coming back. I’m only six weeks from my last 39mg shot and I was hoping to be close to normal by the end of the summer.

It looks like I’m gonna have to wait for next summer. Sheesh.

Man, I’m a little worried about my dopamine not coming back. I’m only six weeks from my last 39mg shot and I was hoping to be close to normal by the end of the summer.

It looks like I’m gonna have to wait for next summer. Sheesh.
Lol yeah it sucks. Im expecting not to get back to normal until like april next year. And even then if i experience psychosis again ill have to go back on antipsychotics. But this time im a try and take antipsychotics for just a little while. When i was in the hospital i took all the meds they made me take. It got rid of my psychosis and i was still feeling like myself. So i think taking for a short while can be a solution.

Lol yeah it sucks. Im expecting not to get back to normal until like april next year. And even then if i experience psychosis again ill have to go back on antipsychotics. But this time im a try and take antipsychotics for just a little while. When i was in the hospital i took all the meds they made me take. It got rid of my psychosis and i was still feeling like myself. So i think taking for a short while can be a solution.
I was on for 18 months.
8 months of 156mg,
3 months 117mg,
3 months 78mg,
4 months 39mg

Do you think my shit is more messed up and it might never come back? Or is a year still a pretty good guess?

I was on for 18 months.
8 months of 156mg,
3 months 117mg,
3 months 78mg,
4 months 39mg

Do you think my shit is more messed up and it might never come back? Or is a year still a pretty good guess?
Maybe in 1-2 years you recover. Don't count on 1 year recovery because of your injection count but who knows.

I’m thinking of going to CAMH in 2 days to talk to someone for a 2nd opinion.
Does anyone know what I should do?
I'm not sure what CAMH is (something for Mental Health?) but a second opinion is always good. Let us know how you go <3

did you get to read this article regarding sperm count in beagle dogs who where given this medication. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/nda/2006/021999s000_PharmR_Part1.pdf
Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you about this!! Yes I've had a good look but the document you linked only has a brief summary of the Beagle study. The document only goes up to page 81, and the full details of the Beagle study are after page 149. Is there another source of the document, or a link to the second half of it or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.