• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega (paliperidone) injections, v 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets better as times go by it’ll never be fully until your anhedonia is away but youlll get a slight buzz before then that’ll be enough to wait for the full thing I couldn’t feel nothing for 4 months but got a slight buzz and I’m 7 months now and it’s improving slowly but by a year and a half I’ll feel it fully
I am four months off Xeplion and I still feel nothing on weed. I hope you are right and I will start feeling a buzz from weed soon

Roll big tobacco leaf cigars with weed instead of joints it raises your tolerance that’s what I did my tolerance was so high I started to feel

Alright room, it's been 125 days (4 months) since my last injection. According to this old EMA document and if I'm reading this correctly ( https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/product-information/xeplion-epar-product-information_en.pdf ) the substance should stop releasing itself starting at around tomorrow.

I'll take this opportunity to begin a serious training regime which involves 30 minutes of jogging 3 times a week and weight lifting everyday

I'm also ditching my therapist because he's fucking worthless and every time I went for his help he would only make me feel worse. I'll use the 60€/hour he used to take to just get a gym subscription instead (infinitely more valuable)

As for my progress, it is going as follows:

-Anhedonia is really biting my ass more than last month. I'm starting to get used to it so it's not as hellish as month 1 but damn I do feel it everytime I think of doing any activity at all (though sometimes I do end up doing things just for the sake of passing time, which works for now even if it's not the best thing)

-No real progress on the emotions side either. If anything I feel like my ability to feel things and enjoy them has gotten worse since 30 days ago but oh well. Doesn't help that all of my friends are on vacation or some shit so I've been kind of lonely lately (I used to be perfectly comfortable being alone before Xeplion)

-TV shows and books are getting more digestible at least: some subtleties still fly over my head but I don't get literal fatigue from just watching a movie anymore. All I'm missing right now is the ability to fully consume and understand whatever I'm trying to watch/read but it's better than last month

-On the positive side I can walk 1 hour/day like a champ now. Haven't missed one day and as I said earlier I'm going to do regular jogs starting tomorrow and the only thing that worries me is that I'll run through my track faster which means I would spend less time outside (until I get that gym subscription at least)

-Constipation is being less and less of a problem

-Ma diq is starting to work again: it's like 30/40% of how it used to be which means ED is starting to go away but if I still can't feel any pleasure or proper emotions what's even the point

-Reduced the amount of valerian I take before sleeping and started taking NALT everyday since last week

-I've been actually sleeping good lately, probably a bit too much but it beats having insomnia

-Would also like to point out that it took me like 15 minutes to type all this which I believe is an improvement since last month. I've been trying to train my memory/cognitive capacities and I feel those are also slowly coming back (I'd say around 10/20% of what it used to be). I can actually start thinking about the decisions I make and also do some math on the fly. I'm starting to think the purpose of this drug is to make people as dumb as the average low-class working lout and it's being extremely effective at that
Out of curiosity how long were you on the injection. Also what country in europe do you live in.

So ive been off meds for about 4 months i believe and im just noticing lately that my brain isnt as empty as it was before. However its possible it might be becauze of the sarcosine ive been taking. Im still pretty quiet among other people and feel like i dont have much to say. I work like 1 or 2 days a week but i dont really enjoy it. I just got approved for diaability which is good cause now ill make more money.

So im someone whos been on meds 4 times and recovered 3 times. I always end up back on meds cause i get psychosis but i hate the meds cause it dumbs you down makes you emotionless and all that stuff. Im thinking next time i get psychosis to try caplyta. Its the newest antipsychotic and it dosnt bind to dopamine as strongly. So im hoping the side effects will be less severs. Besides that im also waiting for karxt which is supposed to come out in 2 years. This hell might soon be over.

Do you have tobacco leaf cigars
Out of curiosity how long were you on the injection. Also what country in europe do you live in.

So ive been off meds for about 4 months i believe and im just noticing lately that my brain isnt as empty as it was before. However its possible it might be becauze of the sarcosine ive been taking. Im still pretty quiet among other people and feel like i dont have much to say. I work like 1 or 2 days a week but i dont really enjoy it. I just got approved for diaability which is good cause now ill make more money.

So im someone whos been on meds 4 times and recovered 3 times. I always end up back on meds cause i get psychosis but i hate the meds cause it dumbs you down makes you emotionless and all that stuff. Im thinking next time i get psychosis to try caplyta. Its the newest antipsychotic and it dosnt bind to dopamine as strongly. So im hoping the side effects will be less severs. Besides that im also waiting for karxt which is supposed to come out in 2 years. This hell might soon be over.
Can you tell me what it was like when your receptors felt perfect all those times you recovered and how the anhedonia gradually went away ?

I've been on the injection for like a month (took 1 shot in March then 1 in April) and I live in Italy.

I can be more talkative around people who already know me well but I still feel the drug negatively affecting the quality of my time spent with them, as well as making it really hard to even start conversations with people I'm less comfortable with

What sucks the most is that I never really had psychosis: I was practically injected over depression and anxiety which I've been living with for years and only got really bad like back in the freakin 2015 where I had this suicidal moment (for which they gave me a bunch of different meds over the years which either did nothing or actually made me feel worse physically but none of them was ever as bad as Xeplion by far)

My psych precisely told me that Xeplion would have given me a "boost in life", talking so positively about it like it was goddamn cocaine or something and sworn to me it had zero side effects, effectively convincing my ignorant self that it was a good idea to take those shots which is why I'm here today

The good part is that I shouldn't be at risk of relapse so I could just live the rest of my days without touching any APs if I ever manage to recover from those two shots

Last edited:
I've been on the injection for like a month (took 1 shot in March then 1 in April) and I live in Italy.

I can be more talkative around people who already know me well but I still feel the drug negatively affecting the quality of my time spent with them, as well as making it really hard to even start conversations with people I'm less comfortable with

What sucks the most is that I never really had psychosis: I was practically injected over depression and anxiety which I've been living with for years and only got really bad like back in the freakin 2015 where I had this suicidal moment (for which they gave me a bunch of different meds over the years which either did nothing or actually made me feel worse physically but none of them was ever as bad as Xeplion by far)

My psych precisely told me that Xeplion would have given me a "boost in life", talking so positively about it like it was goddamn cocaine or something and sworn to me it had zero side effects, effectively convincing my ignorant self that it was a good idea to take those shots which is why I'm here today

The good part is that I shouldn't be at risk of relapse so I could just live the rest of my days without touching any APs if I ever manage to recover from those two shots
Yeah so ive recovered from antipsychotic 3 times. Always taking around a year to recover. So i think you will recover since you only took 1 or 2 shots.
How did i recover from anhedonia? Its a little hard to say honestly. I was just kind of doing more and more as time passed and then after living normal i just kind of realized i recovered withoht pinpointing when exactly i recovered. I kinda think you have to use the brain as well in order to recover, a bit of retraining the brain or something.

The last time i recovered i remember feeling at the end of it that i wanted to get back in shape, because i had gotten kinda fat and was ashamed of how big i got. I was weighing 220 pounds and i thought i need to do something about it. So at first i tried "exercising" by walking my dog for an hohr everyday. Thinking that would help. After like a month or so i started watching youtube videos of home workouts ppl were doing. The gyms were closed at the time cause of covid so i needed to workout at home. So id be doing the exercisies on the youtube videos. Maybe after like a month i bought a yoga mat so i could do planks on them. I also had a 35 pound dumbell so i was using that to workout. At first i would do 5 bicep curls per set sonce that was all i could do. Then after i started doing 10. Then i did 15. I would do lots of workout at home. Bicep curls tricep curls. Shoulder presses, leg lifts, planks, rows. Somewhere along that time i just kinda recovered again. I started noticing my mind was faster. Also i looked a lot better since i was exercising. I was still on the computer a lot. Like i would do a bicep curl set. Then play on computer for 20 mins. Then id do another set. Then play computer for 20 mins. I would do this for like 3 or 4 hours a day. Even though i had big breaks between sets. I was still able to look fit.

First and 2nd time i recovered is kinda hard to say when it happened as well. For the first time when it was summer i just kind of accepted this is what im going to be like for the rest of my life. Then i just started going to starbucks and reading books and playing on the phone tbere so im not at home. Started going to the sauna. I just kind of kept busy and wasnt thinking about the antipsychotic.then one day i just kind of noticed im back to my oldself and recovered.
The 2nd time i recovered, near the end i started working 5 days a week cauze i was going tk a job agency. Then i decided to go to uni to take one course to get my degree. I was studying and stuff, and i guess i just recovered during it.
So in conclusion. Everytime i recovered it happened like 8 mpnths after taking the drug, it resulted in me starting to do things again then just kind of recovering and not noticing i recovered. I think if youve been off for a year + maybe you should just start doing things again and trying and then you will recover.

Im not certwin about this but i think eating healthy helps you recover. The vitamins you get from healthy food goes into the brain or something and helps repair the brain more quickly. Just my 2 cents.

So I'm definitely feeling emotions again just not as intense as they used to be but definitely feeling them. Yesterday I cried a few times & while I was eating my dinner kept having to grab a tissue & wipes away the tears streaming down my face. I think I am starting to feel tiredness a bit also. It's so frustrating because a week & a half ago I was feeling happy again, feeling emotions, feeling happiness listening to music then only a couple of days later I had some weird, stressful, unlucky shit happen that has turned all of that upside down & made me feel stressed mentally to the point I was scared it was going to cause me to have a break down. It's taken away my feelings of happiness & my happiness listening to music. It's left me feeling so upset & frustrated because I should be happy & enjoying that things are coming back for me. The situation is to do with my ex & other stuff & it's too much of a crazy situation to explain which is annoying because I can't even talk to anyone about it.

I'm trying to stay positive but at the moment it honestly feels like my life is over. And because of what's happened to me & how hideous I feel now about myself it's hard to see me ever looking like myself again or getting my life back on track even though only a couple of days before I was feeling positive it could happen eventually.

I got my period this morning so I know that would be exacerbating my negative feelings but they're still legitimate feelings for legitimate reasons unfortunately even though I wish it was all in my mind. So my period is becoming close to regular again because it took almost 3 months for me to get my second period but this time I've gotten it 5 & half weeks later. I've gotten some cramps this time which I used to get before invega I didn't miss them but I'm just greatful that my period is becoming regular again.

I've been feeling more feelings of tiredness partly because I'm now depressed but I think also because of my period. For the last week I've wanted to go to bed early although I haven't been able to fall asleep straight away & I was wondering if I was getting my period because I was getting the same kind of tired feelings I would usually get right before my period.

I'm still doing intermittent fasting but the last 4 days or more my weight has stayed the same I keep weighing in at 74.9 then when I weight myself a second time I weigh in at 73. Today I was 75.1 then 73.4. I'm starting to lose hope although I'm trying to stay positive because I know a healthy amount of weight to lose a week is 0.5kg to 1kg. I started 2 & half weeks ago. I'm not exactly doing it properly either because you're only meant to have black coffee but I have a coffee with no sugar & coconut milk then a smoothie with banana, 2 spoonfuls of greek yoghurt, honey & lactose free milk then have another coffee at lunch time with coconut milk.
I might try it with black coffee & no smoothie. I also used exercise bike Friday I burned 350 calories then 200 calories yesterday I thought that would've helped my weight go down a little but hopefully if I keep it up it will help. Yesterday I exercised in the morning & had hardly any energy to keep going but on Friday I exercised after eating & found it easier so will have to exercise after eating but it's hard sometimes because my family need to use the room for the computer.

I'm getting liposuction in October I've paid for the consult for 5th September. I'm getting my chin & love handles done I'm hoping that will atleast help me look a bit better again.

My hair has improved a little but still not as good as it used to be before invega & doesn't hold style as well
Hey there, I don't know if your doctor would tell you or if you have a therapist that would remind you, but after coming off anti-psychotics you should probably prepare for a return of the full range of emotions. Like last week you were feeling happy and positive but now you are feeling sad and depressed. This is probably normal because both happy and sad fall on the spectrum of emotions that will be coming back as the meds are slowly released out of your system.

The important thing is to be prepared to have all the feels again and not let them sneak up on you or drive you to a breakdown. Just remember, no matter what you are feeling in any given moment, it is only temporary. If you have a therapist, maybe you can ask them for some coping methods so you don't have to suffer as much for his new found roller coaster of emotions.

10 months off, I have stopped the antidepressant because of the side effects thinking I was fine and one of the worst decisions of my life. It was really helping me, I've been straight out of energy and now I am bedridding again. I Guess I have learned the lesson.

su questo sito puoi stimare chi è guarito e chi no? un medico ha detto che il 50% di coloro che hanno usato questo veleno non si è mai ripreso ...

So I'm definitely feeling emotions again just not as intense as they used to be but definitely feeling them. Yesterday I cried a few times & while I was eating my dinner kept having to grab a tissue & wipes away the tears streaming down my face. I think I am starting to feel tiredness a bit also. It's so frustrating because a week & a half ago I was feeling happy again, feeling emotions, feeling happiness listening to music then only a couple of days later I had some weird, stressful, unlucky shit happen that has turned all of that upside down & made me feel stressed mentally to the point I was scared it was going to cause me to have a break down. It's taken away my feelings of happiness & my happiness listening to music. It's left me feeling so upset & frustrated because I should be happy & enjoying that things are coming back for me. The situation is to do with my ex & other stuff & it's too much of a crazy situation to explain which is annoying because I can't even talk to anyone about it.

I'm trying to stay positive but at the moment it honestly feels like my life is over. And because of what's happened to me & how hideous I feel now about myself it's hard to see me ever looking like myself again or getting my life back on track even though only a couple of days before I was feeling positive it could happen eventually.

I got my period this morning so I know that would be exacerbating my negative feelings but they're still legitimate feelings for legitimate reasons unfortunately even though I wish it was all in my mind. So my period is becoming close to regular again because it took almost 3 months for me to get my second period but this time I've gotten it 5 & half weeks later. I've gotten some cramps this time which I used to get before invega I didn't miss them but I'm just greatful that my period is becoming regular again.

I've been feeling more feelings of tiredness partly because I'm now depressed but I think also because of my period. For the last week I've wanted to go to bed early although I haven't been able to fall asleep straight away & I was wondering if I was getting my period because I was getting the same kind of tired feelings I would usually get right before my period.

I'm still doing intermittent fasting but the last 4 days or more my weight has stayed the same I keep weighing in at 74.9 then when I weight myself a second time I weigh in at 73. Today I was 75.1 then 73.4. I'm starting to lose hope although I'm trying to stay positive because I know a healthy amount of weight to lose a week is 0.5kg to 1kg. I started 2 & half weeks ago. I'm not exactly doing it properly either because you're only meant to have black coffee but I have a coffee with no sugar & coconut milk then a smoothie with banana, 2 spoonfuls of greek yoghurt, honey & lactose free milk then have another coffee at lunch time with coconut milk.
I might try it with black coffee & no smoothie. I also used exercise bike Friday I burned 350 calories then 200 calories yesterday I thought that would've helped my weight go down a little but hopefully if I keep it up it will help. Yesterday I exercised in the morning & had hardly any energy to keep going but on Friday I exercised after eating & found it easier so will have to exercise after eating but it's hard sometimes because my family need to use the room for the computer.

I'm getting liposuction in October I've paid for the consult for 5th September. I'm getting my chin & love handles done I'm hoping that will atleast help me look a bit better again.

My hair has improved a little but still not as good as it used to be before invega & doesn't hold style as well
It hard to sit still and watch something because of strong constant urge to move which I still have. Also not to mention it's hard to focus and I have anhedonia. I could most likely say that I'm almost halfway on road to full recovery. Only strong people can survive through this intense torture.

Invega ruins coping mechanisms and you are more prone to stress. I suggest Wim Hof breathing method it helps a little bit (not much).

Body has very smart healing mechanisms and we should all be able to fully heal after some time. Remember to drink enough water and don't eat junk food at all. Sugary food isn't good. Watch on what you eat.

I hope that I'm going to be fully recovered after new year so I can start working again.
I still didn't got used to this state and never will get used to it. But more I wait it gets easier and I think about it this way: at beginning of my recovery one month for my mental perception of time was like 100+(this isn't bloated number it was EXACTLY like this) years and now one month for me is like around 2 months which is easier to endure but it is still painful because time perception isn't only factor of this torture.

These people who got invega are mentaly oldest people in existance because of way how invega ruins time passage perception.

10 months off, I have stopped the antidepressant because of the side effects thinking I was fine and one of the worst decisions of my life. It was really helping me, I've been straight out of energy and now I am bedridding again. I Guess I have learned the lesson.
Antidepressants don't fix anything. Your body got used to it and will take time to get used without it. You should always tapper.

So ive been off 4 four months now. Ive been on these meds for a year so i can tell differences pretty well since ive been on it for so long. My mind feels more active now. B4 it felt reallt blank. But now i have like thoughts in my head so it feels better. I still dont do much and i still dont talk well to people. But at least in my mind it feels less empty and all.

Only sucky thing is even when i recover i know ill end.up on meds again cause ill get psychosis again. So ill be back at it again. Thats why im really hoping for.these new meds to be better so i dont have to deal with this shit anymore.

So next time i get psychosis i want to take caplyta since it dosnt bind to dopamine receptors as strongly so im hoping it wont make me feel as bad. Also we got karxt which was stated to apply for new drug application in mid.2023 so it will probably come out in 2024. The karxt has a completely different mechanism of action. It binds to the muscarinic receptor as opposed to dopamine and serotonin. So im hoping it wont cause things.like cognitive problems. Emotionally numb. And zapping of your energy. Just 2 more years until new meds then this horror show might finally be over.

I got the same BS speech lol........I got told that "I wouldnt even notice that I was on Invega" (the insert tells you otherwise)
Off invega 4 weeks now and can see my old negative thinking patterns returning although I'd rather feel those than absolutely nothing.
Invega is definitely still in my system, anytime I eat tuna sandwiches my stomach swells out so much. This started in the first week of invega.
Still finding it difficult to lose weight and build strength.
Intermittent fasting is pretty difficult due to wanting to eat all the time.

I got the same BS speech lol........I got told that "I wouldnt even notice that I was on Invega" (the insert tells you otherwise)
Off invega 4 weeks now and can see my old negative thinking patterns returning although I'd rather feel those than absolutely nothing.
Invega is definitely still in my system, anytime I eat tuna sandwiches my stomach swells out so much. This started in the first week of invega.
Still finding it difficult to lose weight and build strength.
Intermittent fasting is pretty difficult due to wanting to eat all the time.
After moderating this thread for a while now, it still shocks me sometimes a) the awful side effects that people can have from invega, but also b) the absolute codshit that some medical professionals say to patients about it. It's so obvious that they're just repeating what the sales representatives of invega have told them, to sell more of the drug to the doctors, making it sound good and like a wonder drug, then the doctors just repeat this to the patients and give the medication without actually knowing first-hand what effects it can have. It makes me so mad.
I'm so glad you're recovering though.

After moderating this thread for a while now, it still shocks me sometimes a) the awful side effects that people can have from invega, but also b) the absolute codshit that some medical professionals say to patients about it. It's so obvious that they're just repeating what the sales representatives of invega have told them, to sell more of the drug to the doctors, making it sound good and like a wonder drug, then the doctors just repeat this to the patients and give the medication without actually knowing first-hand what effects it can have. It makes me so mad.
I'm so glad you're recovering though.
Funny you should mention "wonder drug"........ That's exactly what they called the first AP I got put on, Olanzapine. No joke they actually said it was a wonder drug. Olanzapine came about after Eli Lily tested it as a cholesterol lowering drug in DOGS....... More than another never marketed drug. These people.

Funny you should mention "wonder drug"........ That's exactly what they called the first AP I got put on, Olanzapine. No joke they actually said it was a wonder drug. Olanzapine came about after Eli Lily tested it as a cholesterol lowering drug in DOGS....... More than another never marketed drug. These people.
Unbelievable. These are people's LIVES on the line!! You can't just give the implant and walk away, brushing your hands clean and it.

Status
Not open for further replies.