• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega (paliperidone) injections, v 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
my husband has made a full recovery. He was injected with the loading dose(2 shots) Dec 2018. It was a long year but he is completely himself and able to do and feel like before the injection.
in 1 year your husband healed?

It’s a rough road to travel but try to have hope, set goals and focus on what your going to do when you’ve recovered:)
Try to stay positive, I know it’s easier said than done.
Yes it's tough, especially with the anhedonia nothing seems to interest me anymore.

Is anybody else suffering from a weird kind of constipation due to invega? It's like I'm pooping in chunks instead of a one time thing (Sorry for being graphic)
My husband had issues with constipation after the shot which he never had before the shot. He would complain of a pain inside his abdomen. The doctors did X-rays and it could show he was constipated.
I worked in a state facility for people with intellectual disabilities for 8 years, they were on multiple AP and we had to watch them closely for bowel issues.

My husband had issues with constipation after the shot which he never had before the shot. He would complain of a pain inside his abdomen. The doctors did X-rays and it could show he was constipated.
I worked in a state facility for people with intellectual disabilities for 8 years, they were on multiple AP and we had to watch them closely for bowel issues.
This drug is horrible, so many side effects, I just hope nothing is permanent.

I saw someone say this on another forum about antipsychotics and it was pretty strange, he said that you need to build up the amount of subcutaneous fat on your body, which is the fat that's just under the skin like the love handles, and that it would help to actually heal and rebuild your brain. At the same time he said to eat fairly healthy to lower the amount of visceral fat on your body which is the fat that's on top of the organs and is really bad for you..

At around 10 months off I started to feel some weak emotions and interest. Around 12 or 13 months off I could feel adrenaline when I played video games. The relief from anhedonia is gradual but discernible around those times.

I felt heavy head pressure on invega when I span around my kitchen once, but that is all.
When did you notice that you stopped gaining weight?

It kind of scares me that no one talks about feeling numb in the right side of the brain or any head pressure. But I think in other threads there were a few people who talked about these side effects.

I also generally feel very heavy, alongside what UnluckyXeplion mentioned, like first month off I had akathisia which went away. I was really scared that it would stay with me but didn't.

I also had vision problems at times and felt dull. That also went away. Then felt extremely heavy for 2 weeks with heart pain, but that also went away. I am scared these might return.

Now I experience tiredness, pressure/numbness in the right side of my brain, and erectile dysfunction. I could get my penis from flaccid to erect, but it takes way too much effort. My brain feels very numb right after eating.

The scariest thing for me is the risk of having some of the side effects being permanent.

I also have doubts at the real half-life of this drug. It says 49 days for the 234 mg injection, but usually people should feel better off of any drug at the third half-life. Three half-lives passing means 87.5% of the drug has cleared the body, which should be more than enough clearance for the brain to recover. There's probably some misinformation by the creators of the drug, with wrong half-life periods. Or maybe, after the third half-life (5 months), the brain needs another 5 months to recover.

I think the drug just does permanent damage, as far as the post of fat distribution was that even worth repeating? You can’t build fat outside your body and not build it around your organs. Sometimes I read these posts and they’re so far out there! It’s so frustrating!

I think the drug just does permanent damage, as far as the post of fat distribution was that even worth repeating? You can’t build fat outside your body and not build it around your organs. Sometimes I read these posts and they’re so far out there! It’s so frustrating!
Nah, nothing in life is permanent, and the side effects of this drug aren't any different. I believe every problem created by this drug dissipates eventually, sooner or later... In time, you'll win your healthy self back again.

I’ve been off of Invega for 2 months & 13 days. I had 7 shots. I still have all of the Anhedonia, akathisia, extreme memory loss & cognitive issues, I figure it’s a bit too soon for recovery yet. But my thing is, my psychiatrist prescribed me vraylar, another antipsychotic, and I’m wondering if it would prevent my recovery. I’m doing really bad, & my doctor said vraylar could help with the Anhedonia but I don’t think so.

I’ve been off of Invega for 2 months & 13 days. I had 7 shots. I still have all of the Anhedonia, akathisia, extreme memory loss & cognitive issues, I figure it’s a bit too soon for recovery yet. But my thing is, my psychiatrist prescribed me vraylar, another antipsychotic, and I’m wondering if it would prevent my recovery. I’m doing really bad, & my doctor said vraylar could help with the Anhedonia but I don’t think so.
If you want to recover from the side effects I advise you to stay from AP's

does anyone have a smaller penis? 2 injections 14 months ago ... still problems. only slight improvements. always tired and sleepless. and fat

does anyone have a smaller penis? 2 injections 14 months ago ... still problems. only slight improvements. always tired and sleepless. and fat
I'm almost 2 months off the last injection, at least 7 shots and I find it hard to reach orgasm, my penis feels numb and I hardly get erections. I hope that time will fix those issues.
This drug simply sucks the basic enjoyments out of life... no sex drive, anhedonia... No wonder it makes you suicidal.

I was wondering if fast metabolism helps to process and eliminate the drug quicker from the body, does anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.