• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega (paliperidone) injections, v 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Airwick sexual side effects are nothing compared to anhedonia. I would rather have them for rest of my life and get rid of anhedonia right now if that "trade" was possible.

@Airwick sexual side effects are nothing compared to anhedonia. I would rather have them for rest of my life and get rid of anhedonia right now if that "trade" was possible.
You still feel anhedonic? Its same man i feel like life means nothing...i see all the people pathetic ...invega enlights me and ruin me at the same time...sometimess i take lyrica to ease the depression and it works...more than 10 months off and still dont feel the dopamine...freakin suck man.

^Keep going. There are better days ahead! To me, a few weeks after the last injection and I was much better, but it may yet take some time. Hasten it with positive habits. Exercise, meditation, and so on!

I'm just scared I won't return to normal because I want to have a family some day. Idk how I can work, my body must be strong to handle the medication. I can laugh and cry and I feel some happiness. Right now I starting investing in crypto and stock market and it makes me happy knowing I'm trying to make other ways of income.

I had 4 shots of invega and start 400mg of abilify on Saturday. Hopefully once the haldol is out of my system the abilify will lower prolactin and things return to normal. If it does return to normal I might consider taking it in pill form after my CTO. They gave me some for my body to get used to it before the injection and I feel less suicidal knowing this is a better drug for the problems I'm having. And Jerry Atricks reply helped me quite a bit.

I had 4 shots of invega and start 400mg of abilify on Saturday. Hopefully once the haldol is out of my system the abilify will lower prolactin and things return to normal. If it does return to normal I might consider taking it in pill form after my CTO. They gave me some for my body to get used to it before the injection and I feel less suicidal knowing this is a better drug for the problems I'm having. And Jerry Atricks reply helped me quite a bit.
Jerry Atricks helped me out too. If I get psychosis again after leaving invega I will try abilify and stay on it

@Airwick @ExStonerExDrinker
Thank you for the kind words. Please remember a couple of things: 1) I'm not a doctor, 2) psychosis treats everyone differently and manifests different symptoms, 3) medications also treat people differently and have different therapeutic effects and/or negative side effects for different people, 4) I've only ever taken the pill, so I'm not sure if injections have any different effects, positive or negative.

I never said Abilify was a magic pill, just that it worked for me quite successfully (in conjunction with anti-depressants and later mood stabilizers). As long as y'all remember those things, I really am keeping my fingers crossed for both of you and anyone else reading this.

Anyone recover their sexual pleasure after stopping Invega?
Yes
Hi guys do you have any advice about how to manage a psychosis without meds?
Spend time with a therapist - over the phone works - I feel like I got a lot of help from my therapist over the course of a year - I didn't start therapy unti 14 months off because there's no point when you can't talk or have emotions.
Have a psych on hand - let the psych know that you really don't enjoy meds but you want them to be your doc so that they can help you out. Shop around until you can find a psych who is sympathetic to your experiences - I found one whose friend had had bad exp. on APs so she could relate to me. I still have my full bottle of "just in case" AP pills in my drawer.
GET A WRITTEN ORDER FROM THESE DOCS called an "advance directive", so that in case you DO go off the deep end they know how to treat you - you can specify NO LONG LASTING INJECTIONS. This is so important, you don't want to start all over again!

Don't do drugs, and don't over drink.
Thankyou for posting this. You look great although you look good on invega still too. Invega has made me look like an absolute freak my double chin is out of control I've put on 17 kilos & seem to be putting on up to 1.5kgs a week even though I'm 4 months off. I feel like I'll never look like myself again. I can't remember if I asked this but how long after invega did you start losing weight? Did you have to go to gym to lose it or did you naturally lose some? How often did you workout? How many shots after the 2 loading doses did you get? (I can't remember if you've answered this sorry)

Do you mind if I ask what was your psychosis about? When you relapsed did you have the same kind of psychosis? How long did your relapse last for did it go away without anymore medication?
Did your hair change texture aswell? Was it harder to style? Mine has changed texture completely & won't hold it's shape even if I straighten it like I used to. The greasiness has maybe improved a tiny bit. Whenever I'd wash it as soon as I'd dry it it would straight away feel like it had build up on it & wouldn't dry properly it would still feel damp & weird. It's maybe improved slightly but it's still horrible & doesn't sit right or suit me.

What month did you feel your anhedonia start lifting? Do you remember the moment you first realised it was lifting what was that like? When was the first time you felt emotions again what was it like?
Sorry for all that question haha
It is hard to feel pleasure when looking at beautiful things when you're on Invega too though - I could walk through a beautiful park & get the same feelings as looking at concrete walls. You will look like yourself again. I started working out around 5 months off but it was very difficult - I felt very little effact or physical change and felt no endorphines - I didn't see a change in my physical appearance or feel any joy in working out until around month 12 or 13. It's a gradual process & I'm still glad i worked out early because it helped my brain "reset" to motivated pathways and it made me feel in control of my recovery by imagining I was sweating out my invega.
I didn't try to style my hair much since I didn't care much about what I looked like or taking care of myself on Invega - I just remember it was always awful - it will improve over time

Month 9 is when I felt the very first glimmerings of anehdonia lifting. I remember feeling frustrated that it was very difficult to read and follow my cookbook (I moved home -back to my own house out of my parents' - in month 8). I remember feeling sadness and despair when matt asked me to play RC cars with the kids on the patio - they were having such fun and I felt nothing at all - I remember these two instances as my anhedonia lifting because I was having actual feelings (Even if negative). The first "happy feeling" I remember is watching the Godfather & eating nilla wafers around Christmas time 2019 (Last shot Jan 2019). I really enjoyed the story, I had never seen it before & I remember feeling a general "good" or satisfied feeling - very encouraging. Around this time I started to feel motivations & not just a robotic "waiting" for invega to go away (the kind of feeling that keeps you on these forums all day looking for hope). Smash ultimate helped me some in my recovery - the adrenaline rush was extremely discernible and helped me feel as if I were "pushing through" my anhedonia and feeling excitement.
I'm just scared I won't return to normal because I want to have a family some day. Idk how I can work, my body must be strong to handle the medication. I can laugh and cry and I feel some happiness. Right now I starting investing in crypto and stock market and it makes me happy knowing I'm trying to make other ways of income.
I had a baby after invega. It can happen. The money or internet won't give you any answers to your problems. I'm glad you can feel some emotions.

Yes

Spend time with a therapist - over the phone works - I feel like I got a lot of help from my therapist over the course of a year - I didn't start therapy unti 14 months off because there's no point when you can't talk or have emotions.
Have a psych on hand - let the psych know that you really don't enjoy meds but you want them to be your doc so that they can help you out. Shop around until you can find a psych who is sympathetic to your experiences - I found one whose friend had had bad exp. on APs so she could relate to me. I still have my full bottle of "just in case" AP pills in my drawer.
GET A WRITTEN ORDER FROM THESE DOCS called an "advance directive", so that in case you DO go off the deep end they know how to treat you - you can specify NO LONG LASTING INJECTIONS. This is so important, you don't want to start all over again!

It is hard to feel pleasure when looking at beautiful things when you're on Invega too though - I could walk through a beautiful park & get the same feelings as looking at concrete walls. You will look like yourself again. I started working out around 5 months off but it was very difficult - I felt very little effact or physical change and felt no endorphines - I didn't see a change in my physical appearance or feel any joy in working out until around month 12 or 13. It's a gradual process & I'm still glad i worked out early because it helped my brain "reset" to motivated pathways and it made me feel in control of my recovery by imagining I was sweating out my invega.
I didn't try to style my hair much since I didn't care much about what I looked like or taking care of myself on Invega - I just remember it was always awful - it will improve over time

Month 9 is when I felt the very first glimmerings of anehdonia lifting. I remember feeling frustrated that it was very difficult to read and follow my cookbook (I moved home -back to my own house out of my parents' - in month 8). I remember feeling sadness and despair when matt asked me to play RC cars with the kids on the patio - they were having such fun and I felt nothing at all - I remember these two instances as my anhedonia lifting because I was having actual feelings (Even if negative). The first "happy feeling" I remember is watching the Godfather & eating nilla wafers around Christmas time 2019 (Last shot Jan 2019). I really enjoyed the story, I had never seen it before & I remember feeling a general "good" or satisfied feeling - very encouraging. Around this time I started to feel motivations & not just a robotic "waiting" for invega to go away (the kind of feeling that keeps you on these forums all day looking for hope). Smash ultimate helped me some in my recovery - the adrenaline rush was extremely discernible and helped me feel as if I were "pushing through" my anhedonia and feeling excitement.

I had a baby after invega. It can happen. The money or internet won't give you any answers to your problems. I'm glad you can feel some emotions.
Amazing honey, you are an inspiration <3

Yes

So how many months until anhedonia went away fully. Can you say your anhedonia progress timeline.

You still feel anhedonic? Its same man i feel like life means nothing...i see all the people pathetic ...invega enlights me and ruin me at the same time...sometimess i take lyrica to ease the depression and it works...more than 10 months off and still dont feel the dopamine...freakin suck man.
I still have severe anhedonia.

Its not anhedonia ...life is really boring experience lol in here nothing is really deep or satisfying ...im waiting to die for new adventures...cos this place suckass.
I remember how it was before, it was not boring at all. I could enjoy meditation for 10h in a row, now I can't even do it for 5min and cant enjoy it at all. Before I could enjoy a lot by playing video games for hours. Before I could enjoy a lot by watching movies or shows. Before I could enjoy a lot by making stuff related to my profession AND be deeply satisfied. Before I had motivation to do new stuff and train my body and I liked training actualy. Before I was very confortable in my skin. And many more stuff. Before I didn't even want to go to sleep how good was life. Before I could enjoy nature. Now life sucks ass and its only pain and suffering. So dont say bullshits like this, my life was very satisfying before. I was man of many plans and ideas and I was always working on some project I choosed, I always had something to do and was very motivated to do so, NOW 0. Only thing that I'm living for is to recover fully. Before invega I never had insomnia and so bad chest pains.

Last edited:
I remember how it was before, it was not boring at all. I could enjoy meditation for 10h in a row, now I can't even do it for 5min and cant enjoy it at all. Before I could enjoy a lot by playing video games for hours. Before I could enjoy a lot by watching movies or shows. Before I could enjoy a lot by making stuff related to my profession AND be deeply satisfied. Before I had motivation to do new stuff and train my body and I liked training actualy. Before I was very confortable in my skin. And many more stuff. Before I didn't even want to go to sleep how good was life. Before I could enjoy nature. Now life sucks ass and its only pain and suffering. So dont say bullshits like this, my life was very satisfying before. I was man of many plans and ideas and I was always working on some project I choosed, I always had something to do and was very motivated to do so, NOW 0. Only thing that I'm living for is to recover fully.

Before invega I never had insomnia and so bad chest pains.
Sorry bro i didnt mean to hurt your feelings ..i feel you and you will recover ..dont worry

Chi si è ripreso del tutto. Italia dittatura. Danno lo xeplion senza nessuna diagnosi . anzi soffrivo già di insonnia e depressione. Scrivo in italiano. Ve lo traduce in inglese il sito?

2 iniezioni 100+75 mg. Sono peggiorato. Forse sarà anche colpa di stilnox ma non faccio altro che stare a letto
Sì, incolpo anche Stilnox.
Non si traduce automaticamente. Riceverai più risposte se traduci e pubblichi in inglese <3

Status
Not open for further replies.