Mental Health Coming off Invega (Paliperidone, Xeplion) injections v 6.0

OLDTIDEN

Bluelighter
I truly believe your dreams can have a deeper meaning to them, after I got injected with invega I could not feel euphoria at all even in dreams or on drugs (later on 4-5 months off I could feel euphoria from drugs but it felt like something was missing like the euphoria isn’t at its full potential), In my dream I was in the future everyone in my life was 3 years older it first I was stressed and my health was bad it reminds me of how I was 6 months ago being hooked on opioids I ran into the forest and it was night but then the sun rose and my health changed to good out of nowhere I was in a beautiful spot in nature and felt so genuinely euphoric and tranquil I haven’t felt that way in 3.5 years dreaming or in waking life I wokeup feeling very refreshed, I’ve been on a self improvement/growth journey for about a year and a half now and I think seeing the sun rise in my dream represents peaceful times and new beginnings coming in my life it’s good to pay attention to your dreams they might have meaning.
dreaming is a part of recovery!

prinzfrost

Bluelighter
What is considered high for prolactin.... Mines is at 424 which Dr said was just above normal
Many psychiatrists mistakenly believe (and many mental health information sources also mistakenly state) that raised prolactin is the exclusive mechanism by which antipsychotics cause sexual dysfunction (I have documentation of these mistaken beliefs). However, there is both theoretical neurochemical psychiatric/medical/scientific opinions to the contrary, as well as first hand accounts and patient data to the contrary, as in my case, where my prolactin and testosterone were normal; others share my circumstances, too, having developed sexual dysfunction in spite of totally normal prolactin and testosterone. Many psychiatrists and doctors, in contrast, believe, actually, that the dopamine system is involved in sexual dysfunction. Now, the dopamine system can affect prolactin, but what these aforementioned scientists really believe, is that the dopamine system is involved with these side effects independent of prolactin levels. For example, there is the dopamine theory of musical anhedonia, the dopamine theory of coffee effects (and therefore, loss of sensitivity to coffee, which is a symptom/negative side effect of antipsychotics), the dopamine theory of (general) anhedonia (depression), in addition to the dopamine theory of sexual anhedonia, low libido, etc. Then, there is the dopamine theory of Neuroleptic Induced Deficit Syndrome, or antipsychotic induced depression. There is literature and documentation related to all of these scientific dopamine theory opinions.

Jerry Atrick

Sr. Moderator: TDS, NSADD
Staff member
First I want to say that I admire and commend you for what you are doing by raising awareness of the effects of Invega not only to members of Bluelight but to the decision makers in the genre of psychiatry and related fields.

Perhaps some posters were making unfounded accusations against psychiatry, or giving potentially detrimental advice to unconditionally stop antipsychotics altogether when people with psychotic symptoms need them? Or perhaps they were going off topic and talking about unrelated political issues?

I can't speak for @Senior Moderator and I have not read all of the deleted posts but you are correct that this ^ is normally the reason posts are moderated.

@prinzfrost, for the context in which you have been posting about Invega, yes it is acceptable to include politics as it is often inseparable from the larger picture of the topic. What sometimes happens is the political discussion does indeed veer too far off topic to the point that it has nothing to do with Invega.

If you have any doubts or questions regarding post content, I recommend first thoroughly reviewing the Posting Rules of The Dark Side.

If after reading the Posting Rules you still have questions, please feel free to send a PM directed to one of the TDS moderators as questioning mods in the open forum also often veers off topic because it gets to where it has nothing to do with Invega itself.

Like I said at the top, I think what you are doing is essential work if anyone is ever going to extract accountability from those who continue to prescribe Invega while ignoring the horrible effects it has on patients. Please keep fighting the good fight and you are welcome to continue posting your progress here. Thanks!

UnluckyXeplion

Bluelighter
No worries, no graphic content this time ;)
I tried mast***ating today and I felt the pleasure I used to feel from it, almost like before the injections. That good feeling of lust was there for the first time during my recovery.
Desire for sex is back to almost what it was before.
What's still missing and haven't healed fully is the sensitivity of my ding dong.
Still hard to reach climax.

Anyway, I had to drop it here for letting you guys know it gets better!
I hope this post wont get deleted, I made sure that even a 7 year old can read through it safely haha

Last edited:

SuperMile

Bluelighter
Many psychiatrists mistakenly believe (and many mental health information sources also mistakenly state) that raised prolactin is the exclusive mechanism by which antipsychotics cause sexual dysfunction (I have documentation of these mistaken beliefs). However, there is both theoretical neurochemical psychiatric/medical/scientific opinions to the contrary, as well as first hand accounts and patient data to the contrary, as in my case, where my prolactin and testosterone were normal; others share my circumstances, too, having developed sexual dysfunction in spite of totally normal prolactin and testosterone. Many psychiatrists and doctors, in contrast, believe, actually, that the dopamine system is involved in sexual dysfunction. Now, the dopamine system can affect prolactin, but what these aforementioned scientists really believe, is that the dopamine system is involved with these side effects independent of prolactin levels. For example, there is the dopamine theory of musical anhedonia, the dopamine theory of coffee effects (and therefore, loss of sensitivity to coffee, which is a symptom/negative side effect of antipsychotics), the dopamine theory of (general) anhedonia (depression), in addition to the dopamine theory of sexual anhedonia, low libido, etc. Then, there is the dopamine theory of Neuroleptic Induced Deficit Syndrome, or antipsychotic induced depression. There is literature and documentation related to all of these scientific dopamine theory opinions.
Literally every psychiatrist I have ever seen keeps telling me that the only way paliperidone causes sexual dysfunction is because of prolactin, and they refuse to believe otherwise even when my prolactin is normal and I still have sexual dysfunction, they keep blaming other things and making up bullshit.

One time when I was really worried about my sexual dysfunction not getting better as I've heard here with many people, my psychiatrist called me delusional saying this is not possible for it to be permanent and I was forcibly admitted and given an Olanzapine injection.

prinzfrost

Bluelighter
Literally every psychiatrist I have ever seen keeps telling me that the only way paliperidone causes sexual dysfunction is because of prolactin, and they refuse to believe otherwise even when my prolactin is normal and I still have sexual dysfunction, they keep blaming other things and making up bullshit.

One time when I was really worried about my sexual dysfunction not getting better as I've heard here with many people, my psychiatrist called me delusional saying this is not possible for it to be permanent and I was forcibly admitted and given an Olanzapine injection.
Wait, what? That's not a clinical delusion... and you're the truthful, factual one, not him! There is no way he can force antipsychotics on you because of a phony, invalid "delusion" that is really an argument over the cause of your sexual dysfunction. If he forced antipsychotics on you (the Olanzapine) there must have been some other psychotic symptom/reason. Surely, there is no way, by this phony "delusion" alone he could label you as delusional/psychotic and force you to take antipsychotics (that's what it sounds like). Let me know

Yeah, the psychiatrists are wrong. Hormones can be normal while antipsychotics and paliperidone cause sexual dysfunction. Yeah, my psychiatrists are doing the same thing, they are trying to constantly deny paliperidone can cause sexual dysfunction and depression, with every bogus excuse possible. There is no way that a psychiatrist can retaliate against you for this, however, for a disagreement on cause of your, for instance, sexual dysfunction. They simply can't label you "delusional" for a difference of scientific opinion. Even if they do, if this is the only "psychotic" symptom they have on you, they shouldn't be able to do anything to you. There must be some other psychotic symptoms? Let me know. If what you are saying is true, this needs immediate attention and is incredibly illegal, unethical and (supposed to be) prohibited by psychiatry. Said doctor who did that to you should lose their license and be sued, as well as shamed in the news media. Yours would be a medical malpractice case against that particular doctor who did that--flagrant misdiagnosis, illegally forced medication, unethical behavior, etc. If you live in the U.S., Google your State + "licensing board complaint," you should be able to select an option related to the medical board/doctors/psychiatry. Your state might also have an additional complaint avenue related to Healthcare facilities, and you can make a second complaint of the same to them. With your lawsuit, check the statute of limitations in your state, it's probably from 2-4 years. You should be able to get some pro bono or reduced fee services, if you need them, from your State's Bar association/webiste. With the licensing board and healthcare facility complaints, I think there is no time limit no matter where you are, but I could be wrong, with respect to whatever state you live in.

SuperMile

Bluelighter
Wait, what? That's not a clinical delusion... and you're the truthful, factual one, not him! There is no way he can force antipsychotics on you because of a phony, invalid "delusion" that is really an argument over the cause of your sexual dysfunction. If he forced antipsychotics on you (the Olanzapine) there must have been some other psychotic symptom/reason. Surely, there is no way, by this phony "delusion" alone he could label you as delusional/psychotic and force you to take antipsychotics (that's what it sounds like). Let me know

Yeah, the psychiatrists are wrong. Hormones can be normal while antipsychotics and paliperidone cause sexual dysfunction. Yeah, my psychiatrists are doing the same thing, they are trying to constantly deny paliperidone can cause sexual dysfunction and depression, with every bogus excuse possible. There is no way that a psychiatrist can retaliate against you for this, however, for a disagreement on cause of your, for instance, sexual dysfunction. They simply can't label you "delusional" for a difference of scientific opinion. Even if they do, if this is the only "psychotic" symptom they have on you, they shouldn't be able to do anything to you. There must be some other psychotic symptoms? Let me know. If what you are saying is true, this needs immediate attention and is incredibly illegal, unethical and (supposed to be) prohibited by psychiatry. Said doctor who did that to you should lose their license and be sued, as well as shamed in the news media. Yours would be a medical malpractice case against that particular doctor who did that--flagrant misdiagnosis, illegally forced medication, unethical behavior, etc. If you live in the U.S., Google your State + "licensing board complaint," you should be able to select an option related to the medical board/doctors/psychiatry. Your state might also have an additional complaint avenue related to Healthcare facilities, and you can make a second complaint of the same to them. With your lawsuit, check the statute of limitations in your state, it's probably from 2-4 years. You should be able to get some pro bono or reduced fee services, if you need them, from your State's Bar association/webiste. With the licensing board and healthcare facility complaints, I think there is no time limit no matter where you are, but I could be wrong, with respect to whatever state you live in.
My family told the psychiatrist I was feeling hopeless that my sexual dysfunction won't get better and the psychiatrist exaggerated this to concluding that I was suicidal which I wasn't.

I'm not in the US. I have a different psychiatrist now but they keep telling me that the sexual dysfunction is from prolactin. And when I told them my prolactin is normal they kept saying it could be other things and saying reasons that didn't even make sense.

They said that if it doesn't get better after a year then it can't be the drug because it's out of my system. They refuse to even consider that the drug could cause permanent damage they say it doesnt.

UnluckyXeplion

Bluelighter
My family told the psychiatrist I was feeling hopeless that my sexual dysfunction won't get better and the psychiatrist exaggerated this to concluding that I was suicidal which I wasn't.

I'm not in the US. I have a different psychiatrist now but they keep telling me that the sexual dysfunction is from prolactin. And when I told them my prolactin is normal they kept saying it could be other things and saying reasons that didn't even make sense.

They said that if it doesn't get better after a year then it can't be the drug because it's out of my system. They refuse to even consider that the drug could cause permanent damage they say it doesnt.
They will blame everything but this aweful drug!

SuperMile

Bluelighter
They will blame everything but this aweful drug!
Yeah exactly they admitted me saying that I was suicidal because I believe I've been permanently damaged by paliperidone and that my sexual dysfunction is permanent and that these beliefs are delusional. So they were saying I was psychotic and delusional and they wouldn't believe me when I said others online reported not getting better saying those are fake comments.

The psychiatrist also asked me how important my sexual function is as if it's some trivial thing for the average person and I was weird because I cared so much about it.