• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming off Invega (Paliperidone, Xeplion) injections v 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insomnia is from the shots, took me 21 months to be able to sleep 8h again, recovery of my sleep was very slow.
So it seems like you also suffer from anhedonia and numbness?
For me I didn’t get insomnia at all in fact the shots made me hyper sleep but during the withdrawals I slept less with mild insomnia and miserable1 said he’s only had sleeping problems for the past month so there’s a strong possibility it’s withdrawal.

Dear lord that was the most terrifying experience, I lost control of my movement and speech. I never found out the actual reason for it but it was a horrifying experience nonetheless. I felt what was probably the equivalent of being severely drunk at the moment. For some reason my body was shaking, my heart was beating rapidly, and my eyes were twitching uncontrollably and went sideways. Sorry guys for that but damn that was scary, thought I would be stuck like that for sure.
Maybe it is tardive dyskenesia?
Could you provide examples and explanation of those 2.
Static pleasure is just to gain a feeling like eating to feel good or doing drugs
Kinetic pleasure comes from things like reading a book or playing piano and doesn't always involve comfort

has anyone fully recovered and enjoying there lives? I just got off invava feel like shit

Does anyone ever think constantly about their pre-invega life? I remember being able to experience true joy, happiness, emotions in general. Having the motivation and incentive to succeed in life. Getting an adrenaline rush and feeling excited from excercising. Being able think and speak effortlessly. Getting a restful amount of sleep and feeling refreshed, looking forward to the rest of the day. Feeling...uhh...how do I put this, sexually active. Being able to enjoy and admire the unique flavor of foods ( I lost that for some reason ), Now I'm just an empty, lifeless version of myself that manages to accomplish nothing because the majority of my day consists of desperate attempts to get some form of sleep but never being succesful. I could go on for a long period of time but I think it's obvious what I'm trying to say. People should never have to undergo such terrible and devastating effects from invega sustenna or any antipsychotic with similar side effects.

can everybody give me an update on there mental wellbeing and if your feeling back to normal

does dopamine system comeback?
In the three months worth of time I spent looking at reviews over and over, it seems that it varies alot per person, some claim they fully recover where as others only do partially, even ones that never did. It's been like three months and a half since I got the injection and idk if it's just my imagination but just yesterday I randomly felt the urge to continue working out or going to walks. It's surprising that I made some form of recovery since I literally haven't gotten enough rest a week after the injection. But otherwise I dont really get satisfaction or enjoyment out of much anymore.

Antipsychotic medications work by blocking dopamine receptors in the brain, which reduces the activity of dopamine neurotransmitters. While this can be helpful in treating psychotic symptoms, it can also cause a reduction in dopamine activity in the brain.

It is a common misconception that antipsychotics cause permanent damage to the dopamine system. However, there is no evidence to suggest that antipsychotics permanently damage the dopamine system. Instead, it is thought that the dopamine system may become desensitized or adapt to the medication over time.

When a person stops taking antipsychotic medication, it may take some time for the dopamine system to fully recover and return to normal levels of activity. This process is known as "dopamine supersensitivity," and it can cause a rebound effect in dopamine activity, which can lead to symptoms such as psychosis, agitation, and dyskinesia.

However, in most cases, the dopamine system does eventually return to normal levels of activity after a person stops taking antipsychotic medication.

Status
Not open for further replies.