• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, a little update on me, I’m doing good! Can’t really complain to much in fact I don’t complain at all really, it’s rare that I think about invega now a days I just focus on my music and my family and girlfriend which is nice. My life is a lot different then before psychosis, in someways it’s different and in others it’s worst and some ways actually better! I’m on abilify 180 mg and I gotta say if I had to live my life like this for the rest of my life suicide would not be an option like it was on invega. My point is I’m pretty damn content. I get anxiety sometimes when standing in one spot which is the worst side effect of abilify but was way worst on invega. I am also a little numb but it’s not unbearable at all it’s just not as colourful of a life as before meds which is alright because it’s still pretty damn stimulating! I haven’t started work mostly because I’m working on music so much and I feel work would be hard on me.. it’s weird when I’m doing a job I like such as writing, producing, playing music I get so much done but when it comes to cleaning my room I have a hard time haha.. I’ve always kind of been like that but it’s definitely a bit tougher being on abilify doing this kinda stuff opposed to being off I’d imagine. I released my first single the other day and it’s called simple times, it’s on Spotify and by Lobotomyeyes.

If anyone listens I hope you enjoy, I talk a little about my stand on god, money, being numb and maybe having schizophrenia in the song. My main goal in this life is to spread awareness of people like you guys struggling with this illness or medications and if I can help in anyway than I will through what I know best which is music.
Time is a healer people, I was on invega for 7 months and my last shot was trinza so I know your suffering, I will never forget this experience unfortunately but I do believe it made me a much stronger person..
cheers,
-kyle.

Wow I have never met a more positive person in my life under such adversity. It's a lesson to us all.

I'm about 5 months. Do you have a job or anything? How about relationships do you have friends?

Anyone got information about whether or not brain repairs full repairs itself over time? I don't really know what I am talking about but from what I have read it says that antipsychotics work by blocking dopamine and serotonin receptors and that is meant to help stop schizophrenia which is an excited state with too much dopamine release. So I am wondering does your brain chemical stuff go back to normal when you go off it. What is the permanent damage?

I wish I was scientist so I could understand the technical details of what meds do... but I think even the scientists don't really know since it has so many unwanted side effects.

Anyone got information about whether or not brain repairs full repairs itself over time? I don't really know what I am talking about but from what I have read it says that antipsychotics work by blocking dopamine and serotonin receptors and that is meant to help stop schizophrenia which is an excited state with too much dopamine release. So I am wondering does your brain chemical stuff go back to normal when you go off it. What is the permanent damage?

I wish I was scientist so I could understand the technical details of what meds do... but I think even the scientists don't really know since it has so many unwanted side effects.
Man there's no way to tell if we'll ever go back to homeostasis. Only time will tell bro. You should remember that invega works on blocking other receptors not just dopamine and serotonin.

I'm about 5 months. Do you have a job or anything? How about relationships do you have friends?
This is probably not going to make either of you feel any better right now, but I have been following this thread for a long time now and 4-5 months off invega is not that long in the grand scheme of things. It's still relatively early in the recovery process. But over time you will definitely keep noticing that you recover more and more as the months go on. I know that doesn't help right now, but perhaps it might give you guys a bit of hope?

Yes you are right, the main theory of schizophrenia that psychiatrists refer to is the dopamine theory, which says that the mainly problematic symptoms of schizophrenia e.g. hallucinations, delusions, paranoia etc, are caused by too much dopamine in one particular area of the brain called the nucleus accumbens. Antipsychotics such as invega are meant to significantly reduce the amount of dopamine released in this area of the brain. We could get much more technical about it, of course, but that is the basic theory.

Do you think or know if there's a Way to recover our original minds or will like this forever?
The brain is incredibly awesome at repairing itself over time, by neuroplasticity, so in theory the damage should not be permanent at all. So it's just a matter of WHEN your brain recovers, not IF.

This is probably not going to make either of you feel any better right now, but I have been following this thread for a long time now and 4-5 months off invega is not that long in the grand scheme of things. It's still relatively early in the recovery process. But over time you will definitely keep noticing that you recover more and more as the months go on. I know that doesn't help right now, but perhaps it might give you guys a bit of hope?

Yes you are right, the main theory of schizophrenia that psychiatrists refer to is the dopamine theory, which says that the mainly problematic symptoms of schizophrenia e.g. hallucinations, delusions, paranoia etc, are caused by too much dopamine in one particular area of the brain called the nucleus accumbens. Antipsychotics such as invega are meant to significantly reduce the amount of dopamine released in this area of the brain. We could get much more technical about it, of course, but that is the basic theory.

The brain is incredibly awesome at repairing itself over time, by neuroplasticity, so in theory the damage should not be permanent at all. So it's just a matter of WHEN your brain recovers, not IF.
This actually gives me hope. These 5 months have been HORRIBLE. I cannot give up on my life. It's so precious. I'd like to believe that the brain can heal everything. I'm really exhausted.

This actually gives me hope. These 5 months have been HORRIBLE. I cannot give up on my life. It's so precious. I'd like to believe that the brain can heal everything. I'm really exhausted.
I also meant to say that I have read A LOT of really positive posts in this thread, of people who have eventually recovered 100% or close to it, after perhaps 12-15 months. So yes, there definitely is hope!!!! Please just try to trudge through the shittiness now, and have hope that it will get better <3

4-5 months off invega is not that long in the grand scheme of things
Goddamnit that is too long for me ...one fucking shot and you're a vegetable for 1 year straight...if you are lucky... thats pretty fucking scandelous.don't want to sound negative but I'm on the verge of killing myself. This is too long for me i have no patience i already lost like 1 year to psychiatry and anti psychotics. The exhaustion comes from having no rest from sleep AT ALL...and its absolutely shit to see nobody having improvements at month 5 or 6 just want this nightmare to be over with. Just being at month 3 and knowing 6 will be shit as well is discouraging

Goddamnit i'm so close to killing myself

Goddamnit that is long for me ...one fucking shot and you're a vegetable for 1 year straight...if you are lucky... thats pretty fucking scandelous.don't want to sound negative but I'm on the verge of killing myself. This is too long for me i have no patience i already lost like 1 year to psychiatry and anti psychotics
I know it's been really fucking hard for you, especially now when you're just totally over it. I wish there was more I could say to you other than to please just hold on, take each excruciating day one at a time, because over time things will gradually improve.

Goddamnit i already spend 3 times in the psych ward this year...first time i got haldol injections for almost an entire month recovering from that already took me like 4 months i couldn't even get groceries out of the car..now i have to wait another year or more if i'm lucky. This invega stuff is pure lunacy.

I don't want to sound like an idiot ross boehm took like +20 injections but this whole psychiatrt thing destroyed my soul

Status
Not open for further replies.