• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys i was forced to take the shot after a trip to the hospital, my mom forced me to take another one, so ive had to so far. my last injection was about 13 days ago. im moving regions so i can get away from the mental health act under which they force me to take medications, so i won't have to take anymore, i really wish i didnt let my mom force me into getting the second one even when i knew i could move and escape the court order, i regret it as it will be harmful for my recovery progress.

anyways the symptoms im experiencing now are maximum 5-6 hours of sleep per night, if even, maybe less, i can only sleep during the daytime, i fall asleep at 4-8pm and wake up at 12pm and absolutely can not fall asleep again no matter how hard i try. i wake up every 2-3 hours of sleep, multiple times a night. i cannot take naps. i have twitches which i developed after the shot. ocd type. sexual dysfucntion, boners are not as strong and dont come as easily. erections dont get maximum blood flow, feel like penis size has shrunk. overall anhedonia, lack of pleasure, lack of euphoria. i cant feel a buzz from nicotine, i tried cigarettes and they did nothing, absolutely nothing. im guessing its gonna be the same for booze and whatever else.

i have more issues which i haven't listed but i'll get to it. my most distressing symptom is the sleep part, it affects my mood and my psyche greatly i just wanna be able to sleep properly and nap. i've heard this symptom doesn't go away for a long time. does anyone have experiences with this? have u recovered from the sleep symptoms? how long does it take? please let me know as it is very important to me.

how long will it take until i can feel cigarettes again? and booze? i dont smoke weed but im guessing thats a no go too. is the damage to the receptors permanent. does invega do any sort of permanent damage at all or is it all recoverable? i havent been able to rest easy for a month now since i got the shot, longer than a month now, i have anxiety and depression all day long and can't be happy. ive been in distress since i got the shot. my life is ruined, invega ruined my life, i think about it everyday, i cant sleep, i can be happy. all i think about is the shot. i was perfectly happy and normal before the shot, my symptoms were under control. i had no side effects from the oral mediaction. then i was hospitalized for an issue unrelated to schizophrenia and they took that opportunity to section me and keep me there for 2 weeks and told me i cant leave unless i take the injection, i told the doctor i didn't want it and he came back and said its a discharge condition now. i truly feel like they ruined my life

on another note, they are forcing me to take the shots under court order now but if i leave the province then the act that makes me have to take the injections no longer applies to me anymore so im leaving the province in a week. after i leave and escape the injection, im gonna find a lawyer and try to sue the doctors who made me take this drug even though my symptoms were under control with my previous medication and i had no relapse, and was hospitalized unrelated to schizophrenia. they had to just cause to give me this injection whatsoever. i truly feel like they ruined my life. would a lawyer be able to help me? can i sue?

im just now starting my recovery journey and am still under the effects from my last shot, so i will stick around this thread for a long long time, throughout my recovery journey, ill be active here, this is my first post and its a new thread how coincidental. anyways i would be very very happy if you guys could answer my questions, ive been under alot of stress this past month and am lost and feeling hopeless. is there a way out?

guys i was forced to take the shot after a trip to the hospital, my mom forced me to take another one, so ive had to so far. my last injection was about 13 days ago. im moving regions so i can get away from the mental health act under which they force me to take medications, so i won't have to take anymore, i really wish i didnt let my mom force me into getting the second one even when i knew i could move and escape the court order, i regret it as it will be harmful for my recovery progress.

anyways the symptoms im experiencing now are maximum 5-6 hours of sleep per night, if even, maybe less, i can only sleep during the daytime, i fall asleep at 4-8pm and wake up at 12pm and absolutely can not fall asleep again no matter how hard i try. i wake up every 2-3 hours of sleep, multiple times a night. i cannot take naps. i have twitches which i developed after the shot. ocd type. sexual dysfucntion, boners are not as strong and dont come as easily. erections dont get maximum blood flow, feel like penis size has shrunk. overall anhedonia, lack of pleasure, lack of euphoria. i cant feel a buzz from nicotine, i tried cigarettes and they did nothing, absolutely nothing. im guessing its gonna be the same for booze and whatever else.

i have more issues which i haven't listed but i'll get to it. my most distressing symptom is the sleep part, it affects my mood and my psyche greatly i just wanna be able to sleep properly and nap. i've heard this symptom doesn't go away for a long time. does anyone have experiences with this? have u recovered from the sleep symptoms? how long does it take? please let me know as it is very important to me.

how long will it take until i can feel cigarettes again? and booze? i dont smoke weed but im guessing thats a no go too. is the damage to the receptors permanent. does invega do any sort of permanent damage at all or is it all recoverable? i havent been able to rest easy for a month now since i got the shot, longer than a month now, i have anxiety and depression all day long and can't be happy. ive been in distress since i got the shot. my life is ruined, invega ruined my life, i think about it everyday, i cant sleep, i can be happy. all i think about is the shot. i was perfectly happy and normal before the shot, my symptoms were under control. i had no side effects from the oral mediaction. then i was hospitalized for an issue unrelated to schizophrenia and they took that opportunity to section me and keep me there for 2 weeks and told me i cant leave unless i take the injection, i told the doctor i didn't want it and he came back and said its a discharge condition now. i truly feel like they ruined my life

on another note, they are forcing me to take the shots under court order now but if i leave the province then the act that makes me have to take the injections no longer applies to me anymore so im leaving the province in a week. after i leave and escape the injection, im gonna find a lawyer and try to sue the doctors who made me take this drug even though my symptoms were under control with my previous medication and i had no relapse, and was hospitalized unrelated to schizophrenia. they had to just cause to give me this injection whatsoever. i truly feel like they ruined my life. would a lawyer be able to help me? can i sue?

im just now starting my recovery journey and am still under the effects from my last shot, so i will stick around this thread for a long long time, throughout my recovery journey, ill be active here, this is my first post and its a new thread how coincidental. anyways i would be very very happy if you guys could answer my questions, ive been under alot of stress this past month and am lost and feeling hopeless. is there a way out?
there's laws that protect doctors i believe, so sueing 'em won't go the way you want it to. it sucks haha.

Don't give up hope. I know it's the hardest thing to do right now, but it will get better. As for the sleep problems, only thing invega did was actually make me sleep all day. I would go to bed at 8pm,wake up at 1pm the next day and then go for a nap at 230 and sleep till 430. I would just sit on the couch and stare at dead space. My last shot was July 2nd and it's been 4 months now. I notice a change, I have the energy to go for an hour long walk everyday, I sleep well, I can even cry a little bit when I feel the emotions.

So this is it....V4 on the recovery now. I used to post here a long time ago. Let me give everyone an update. I recieved one injection of Invega Sustenna 234 mg on 2-9-2018. I developed NMS (Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome). I was running a fever, I had to be put on testosterone replacement therapy, I had muscle problems (ridgity), I suffered complete anhedonia. I had to be placed on intensive immediate therapy which included Amphetamines. I finally came off the amphetamines a month ago and my testosterone levels are back to normal. Let me tell you about Hell. One shot of this stuff will do you in to a degree. It will get better, I promise, but you should expect a certain degree of permanent anhedonia. I don't feel as creative as I used to be and I certainly have trouble doing activities I used to love (like reading). I can't read and enjoy it anymore. I still don't feel like I have access to a once huge vocabulary. So 2.75 years after the one shot and still a long way to go on recovery. My situation was unique in that my reaction was more adverse than the standard I feel like I want to die reaction. I wish everyone the best in their recovery. Don't give up hope, but don't expect to get every single little thing you lose back either. Try to be realistic. You have been injected with Cyanide, my friends.
You say that, but I had 11 shots at 100mg, and I'm 4 months off and I enjoy reading again, I'm getting my creativity back, I can cry even. I didn't experience TD or what you had. I had anhedonia but it's getting better every week. I think positive everyday, that I will get over this. And I am. Slowly but surely. Don't give up hope and don't encourage others to give up hope of a better life. Everything takes time. I think as far as I've read in V3, I've had the most shots out of anyone. I was on this shit for a full year. I had my last shot in July. Now, my sex drive isn't good, I can get a mild chub if I concentrate on it, but it's not even about sex. I just want my drive to do things epically to come back again. And I know it will with time.

Everyone recovers at a different pace, but if u encourage thoughts of a negative matter like oh I won't ever get better, u set yourself up to not get better. You're telling your mind to give up and throw in the towel.

So this is it....V4 on the recovery now. I used to post here a long time ago. Let me give everyone an update. I recieved one injection of Invega Sustenna 234 mg on 2-9-2018. I developed NMS (Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome). I was running a fever, I had to be put on testosterone replacement therapy, I had muscle problems (ridgity), I suffered complete anhedonia. I had to be placed on intensive immediate therapy which included Amphetamines. I finally came off the amphetamines a month ago and my testosterone levels are back to normal. Let me tell you about Hell. One shot of this stuff will do you in to a degree. It will get better, I promise, but you should expect a certain degree of permanent anhedonia. I don't feel as creative as I used to be and I certainly have trouble doing activities I used to love (like reading). I can't read and enjoy it anymore. I still don't feel like I have access to a once huge vocabulary. So 2.75 years after the one shot and still a long way to go on recovery. My situation was unique in that my reaction was more adverse than the standard I feel like I want to die reaction. I wish everyone the best in their recovery. Don't give up hope, but don't expect to get every single little thing you lose back either. Try to be realistic. You have been injected with Cyanide, my friends.
you say that you dont feel recovered after 2.75 years but i don't believe you. from what ive seen people feel better and fully recovered after 10 months to 1 year and ive seen many recovery stories. from what i seen it seems like the anhedonia and low mood are tough indicators of whether you've recovered or not, many people might just feel negative due to their experience and placebo effect. recovering your slleep, ability to feel high, etc are probably better indicators of whether you've recovered or not. idk man im having a tough time to believe recovery isn't possible after 2.75 years. im banking on 10 months for recovery for me, in that time im expecting to have recovered my sleep and my ability to get high, and all anhedonia and blocked receptors. staying postive. i slept better today, i still woke up many times but i went to sleep at around 7-8 pm and was able to sleep on and off until 5am which is better than most nights where i only get 4-6 hours of on and off sleep, so this is looking hopeful for me, hopefully my sleep gets better every day, im only 15 days off of my last shot so idk. im waiting until 30 days off when the real recovery begins.

i need to get in contact with someone who has recovered fully from this drug, please messsage me

guys im looking for a drug or remedy that will disssolve the paliperidone/invega sustenna in my blood or make it leave sooner and reverse the blockage of the receptors in my brain. ive asked my mental health worker and she sais no such thing exists, but im sure there must be something out there that can do this. ive tried looking online. does anyone know any good sources where you can find something like this, it shouldnt be hard for a drug to dissolve the invega in your body or reverse it. if we work together we can find the cure!

my mental health worker also said that all of her clients that took invega sustenna have recovered 1 month after they stopped, for things like sexual side effects etc. she sais that the shot fully leaves your system in a month and nowhere close to a year. she said she has had many clients who have stopped. i told her it was a chemical lobotomy through text and she hasn't responded yet. the 1 month thing gives me hope if she sais she's never had a client who hasn't recovered in a month. do you think theres hope for me feeling booze and cigs again after a month? maybe sexual side effects gone too? it gives me hope. i dont understand how doctors and nurses can be so misinformed that they say things like this if they aren't true. she sais she has evidence from her clients.

Last edited:
does anyone know what meds cause you to not get high off weed, or drunk? i found a list of the meds accidentally a couple months back but i didn't screenshot it for some reason and i don't remember what they were nor can i find that list again.

Last edited:
i really hate the weight gain caused by this drug. i gained over 55 pounds. how long does it take to lose the weight ? it's been like 3 months almost since my last invega injection. i am now on ablifiy.

i really hate the weight gain caused by this drug. i gained over 55 pounds. how long does it take to lose the weight ? it's been like 3 months almost since my last invega injection. i am now on ablifiy.
I haven't lost any weight as far as I can tell, and I'm 4 months off the injection. How do u find Abilify? I'm on 10mg daily and so far I feel it's more like an anti depressant than an ap at that dose.

K IM REALLY struggling. I’m discontinuing invega and realize it’s going to take a while but does this drug cause permanent damage? As in do people’s memory go back to normal? Does there deep thinking come back? What about there overall functioning and motor skills? I was a jazz musician and I still want to be one but I can’t because of this drug. MAIN QUESTION: will I be able to play jazz like before once it’s fully out of my system??!!

I’m also curious to see how Abilify is for you...I’m switching to it too..

I haven't lost any weight as far as I can tell, and I'm 4 months off the injection. How do u find Abilify? I'm on 10mg daily and so far I feel it's more like an anti depressant than an ap at that dose.
How’s Abilify for you? Are you less depressed since being on it? Do you feel the invega leaving your body? I took trinza and am taking Abilify this month I realize it’s going to take a while to feel somewhat normal again but I’m wondering if you think it’s possible with Abilify to achieve this.

Neuroleptics/Antipsychotics. They block dopamine receptors responsible for drugs making you feel high/drunk.
I know that. I meant which ones because I could get drunk while on (maybe zyprexa) risperdal and fluphenazine. Couldn't on haldol and invega.

i find abilify to be almost great as in there are less side effects. the most noticeable effects is messed up throat, and perhaps some insomnia. i do feel tired at times but i am pretty sure that has to do with invega susstenna injections i took in the past

I’m also curious to see how Abilify is for you...I’m switching to it too..
it's much better than invega. it is well perferred by many as it is the lesser evil drug.

you are more active both mentally and sexually. otherwise, the side effects from abilify you see on Google are pretty much accurate (most noticeable is Insomnia, and messed up throat).

i find abilify to be almost great as in there are less side effects. the most noticeable effects is messed up throat, and perhaps some insomnia. i do feel tired at times but i am pretty sure that has to do with invega susstenna injections i took in the past

it's much better than invega. it is well perferred by many as it is the lesser evil drug.

you are more active both mentally and sexually. otherwise, the side effects from abilify you see on Google are pretty much accurate (most noticeable is Insomnia, and messed up throat).
thank you i cant wait to try it

thank you i cant wait to try it
its way better than invega but you still feel weighed down ( i think it is due to the invega ).

You have nothing but time and guess what? the greatest counselor is TIME itself. TIME will heal this invega poison that is in your body. just keep a good diet and exercise as much as you can.

42 days off after forced 150mg shot and then 100mg shot a week later. Making a rapid recovery so far and I'm probably looking at being back to normal by the 4th month mark I believe. I originally had a blank mind, severe difficulties with speech, stiff neck and shoulders, akathisia, involuntary twitches, panic attacks, felt like a vegetable, significant cognitive problems, laying in bed all day, extremely blurry vision that would come and go - made it difficult to drive, no motivation, felt like a prisoner in my own body, quietened inner dialogue, tremors, looking physically sedated, loss of focus, etc. My voice even went monotone for awhile there similar to Parkinson's disease. I was a vegetative Parkinson's zombie. When my friend visited me in hospital he said I looked that sedated as if I was on heroin, half-mast eyelids and such. Hands down worst thing I've ever been put on in my life and one of the most scariest experiences.

All those problems have subsided, my speech has improved greatly too and I can converse again. No more aimlessly walking or pacing around. I'm now currently back at work too with no issues. Still not 100% back to my old self but I'm really impressed with the progress I'm making. My face is expressive again and I can laugh.

I think metabolism and body weight are the main things that affect recovery. I've got an extremely fast metabolism and struggle to put on fat. I've been taking the nootropic semax also so I can't tell if that's having any effect on the quicker recovery.

Try and remain positive guys, it does get better. I too was so worried I I wasn't going to get better ever again. Would go for evening dog walks with my mum terrified, silent or giving one word answers, and unable to turn my neck. I just wanted to get out of the house and to have company because I felt so alone and imprisoned. Man I was terrified.

I still have sexual side effects like erectile dysfunction, not sure when that will go away. Got changed to zyprexa monthly injection and I haven't had any side effects nor sedation so far, so it seems like the one for me, fingers crossed. Still got more recovery to go until I'm really better though.

Last edited:
I need your advice and I'm being serious, this might be one of my last (if not the last one) messages ever written here, or anywhere else. To those who are sensitive and those who are particularly not feeling good - please skip this post.

I was feeling ultra suicidal in the last few weeks, so I started taking pregabalin, it helped for a short while, but then everything came back. So I looked on the Internet for some SSRIs that won't affect Abilify's metabolism and I decided to ask my psychiatrist for Trintellix. Believe me or not, it helped me almost immediately; my suicidal thoughts, severe OCD, anxiety and depression were gone, but I wasn't able to talk anymore. My muscles have started to ache badly, I was having tremors exactly like in Parkinson's, I even had trouble walking, but at least I didn't want to kill myself that much. I literally could not say anything, or I'd stutter or have slurred speed to the point no one could understand me, I couldn't keep a fork in my hands or eat properly, I couldn't hold any stuff in my hands, so I had to stop taking Trintellix. After about a week my voice is coming back and I don't have tremors, but my mental problems and suicidal thoughts are back. I can't live like this, this is torture, 8 months off, it doesn't get better. I know there is no solution, so either I become speechless and have Parkinson's, or I can just live a nightmare (as if living with no voice and Parkinson's isn't a nightmare anyway).
I've had too much of this, no one knows how to help me, and so don't I. I can decide to keep taking SSRIs and go to a neurologist and start on levodopa or, idk, some metylphenidate or sth, but they wouldn't give it to me anyway. Besides, you can't take levodopa with drug-induced parkinsonism. I don't want to die, but I don't want to live in hell as well. It's so difficult to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.