• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Comparison Subthread] Acid vs. Mushrooms

I agree soviet. I love how my body feels on mushrooms, acid just seems differrent in some way. And you CAN respect a drug! I greatly respect mushrooms for giving me multiple life changing experiences. How can you not respect a life changing experience:p?

Mushrooms blow acid out of the water any day of the week. They are natural and have less after effects than acid. The trip separates you from this world more. Shrooms are much more spiritual than acid.
I love acid, but to me shrooms are my cup of tea. They are both fun drugs and should be experienced. I always seem to get really good shrooms that take me to level four trips. And while LSD provides a good trip it just can't compare with the ego loss of shrooms. All you people who don't like shrooms need to find a better hook-up or grow them yourself.

This topic bothers me...
What people must understand is that every drug effects everyone differently (especially psychadelics) someone said that a bad trip on acid is much worse and on shrooms you can get out of it, well for me the complete opposite has been true. I've had roughly 4 bad acid trips, one being extremely rough. And I've only ever had 1 bad shroom trip, after consuming only half an eight, I've never in my life experienced anything more horrific than the shroom trip, during my trip I was INSANE, I didn't know who I was, where I was, or what I was. I had complete ego dissolution and was on the bring of taking my own life, not because I was having a bad time but because it made perfect sense, that fucking scared me and I haven't done shrooms since, for me a bad acid trip is just that, it sucks but I know it's just the acid, this shroom trip almost resulted in me taking my own life cause I didn't know any better.
So as you can see these two drugs have different effects on different people, some will be able to handle a bad shroom trip much easier than a bad LSD trip, and others will not. This is just one example, obviously there are other different ways it effects people differently other than bad trips.
Also this whole "shrooms give a more natural trip" thing is bogus, I think it has a lot to do with the placebo effect, if you think that shrooms are more natural because they are from nature then you are likely to have a more of an organic trip. When it comes to shrooms and acid mind state is EVERYTHING!

Yeh and these are everyones opinons...
I dont think anyone here said "SHROOMS ARE BETTER AND THAT IS FACT."
Seems to me like they said what they feel.
Anyways it is generally accepted that a bad mushie trip is not as bad as getting a bad trip on acid...
may not always be true but generally is.
It may be the placebo effect that makes people think mushrooms feel more natural or whatever.. but then again it could be that it actually is natural and not synthetic lab crapola.
Btw do you know what species those mushrooms were?

I have no idea what the species was, other people took them that night and had a great time though. And most of them ate more than I did.
The whole thing about the shrooms being natural means nothing to me though. Chemicals are chemicals whether they came from a mushroom or they came from a rye fungus and were altered in a lab.

i would have to agree with what most people are saying here: mushrooms are far stronger than any acid that i've taken, and far more spiritual. the analogy of matrix (acid) vs. lord of the rings (mushrooms) is pretty good, although i might even take it a little bit further and say that acid is like watching a movie, and mushrooms is like reading a deeply spiritual book.
i find that acid is a great party drug. you can take it and have a lot of fun; dance, laugh, smoke, enjoy the music and the sights, etc. mushrooms can provide most of these experiences too, but they aren't as recreational. i've taken mushrooms on a whim for a friday night and paid a high price. caveat emptor.
also, a note about the 'mindfuck' qualities of the two drugs. i find that with acid, i get a definite sense of "here i am on acid, everything's fucked up just like it should be." you get weird thoughts, but there's a definite sense of continuity throughout the trip -- it's linear. whereas with mushrooms, there's a sense of "wow, this is pretty damned weird", but i find that there's no continuity. i find that mushrooms make me 'loop' more. i see circular patterns in my behaviour on mushrooms. i'm constantly thinking "well, a lead me to b, b lead me to c, and c has lead me back here to a. *aaarrgghhh*!" and of course, that can be equal parts funny, deep, and frightening.
as for preference, it's completely situational. if i was going out dancing (to anything other than psytrance/goa) i'd prefer acid. but if i was planning a day out tripping with some friends, i'd probably prefer mushrooms.
peace and be safe.

Well I just did an 1/8th of good shrooms last night, and the only life changing thing I found out last night is that I dont like shrooms. I hate eating them, the trip feels dirty, and its just annoying to me. I used to take shrooms all the time, but it wasnt until last night that I realized I dont even like them that much, every time I've done them it just seemed like whack acid trip that cost three times as much.
Acid is a lot cleaner and MUCH more interesting in my opinion. I've never had a powerful mind trip on shrooms, EVER. The only thing I've ever really thought about while on shrooms was how anxious I was and gritty I was feeling. Acid is just a lot more cerebrally, visually, and physically stimulating for me. You never notice how much you like something until its gone :(
Fuck shrooms. I want acid back.
[ 13 January 2002: Message edited by: WakkaWakka ]

Thanx everyone for all the responses......they helped me out a bit....well the acid trip this weekend wuz off the walls mind blowing......it is definately a different type of trip than a mushroom trip...i still cant decide which i like better....mushrooms provide more visuals but acid's visuals seem to be more real and clearer than shrooms.....one thing i like better about acid is the mind fuck...its mindblowing its complete insanity....from what ive been told the papers we ate were extremely good but i cant really say anyhing because ive never had any other acid so......well we'll see soon lsd is definately one of my favorites

^^^^^^werd. it's apples and oranges y0. neither one is superior (altho neither compares to dxm, IMHO ;) )
disciple

I totally agree with SovietContin, if you have ever had really good shrooms, then you know what he means. I would rather have an eighth of bomb-ass shrooms than a lifetime supply of LSD!

Mushrooms are like this ()()()()()(), while acid is like this <><><><><><><><><>.......mushrooms are wavy, while acid is spiky.......this analogy works better in person......

I think acid is digital, while mushies are analog. BTW, if we don't stop agreeing and stuff, I thinka moderator will get pissed off this thread has been around too long and close it.
Opps.. i am gonna make that happen aren't I? :)
Quick someone come up with some new points!

LSD or SHROOMS? which do you prefer?

Just wondering which you would prefer and why?!
Me since I have never had shrooms then I would have to say LSD but my visuals aren't that great! but I am working on it! I wanna a drug that will make me see little evil trolls tackleing each other in front of me and playing jokes on people and having people morph!!! I only see Trails and shadows of dead bodies, fake deer chasing me trying to kill me, but thats about it. If anyone has advice on how I can improve my visuals that would be greatly appreciated!
[ 10 March 2002: Message edited by: CrankItUp077420 ]

i prefer shrooms, but i am not much of a visuals person. the only visuals i get on acid is a screen of patterns.
on shrooms the trip is more emotive and evokes imagination, and i think that hallucinating external things with personalities are possible on shrooms. my mind just takes me away... which means a shroom trip can be a really intense headfuck, but so much better than acid when youre up for it.
i think that shroom hallucinations are more about things turning into other things, forms blurring, and acid is about coulors and a reoccuring pattern... but this is just from my experience!

They're about even for me. I love both equally... oh how could I ever choose just one! :D

Shrooms definently, its a more mellow, realistic trip... more natural than acid, acid feels very mechanical and dirty. But acid does have some good things to it like duration. But mixing them is the best of both worlds (not for the unexperienced)
Peace!

Hm... it depends.. someitmes i'd ratehr do acid, sometimes i'd rather do mushrooms..
but i guess for the most part i perfer LSD.