PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Comparison Subthread] Acid vs. Mushrooms

TripTastic

Bluelighter
Official Acid vs. Mushrooms Comparison Thread

[original post:]

Aight herez the deal....i live in like central ohio....psychadelics have interested me for a loooooooonnng time and ive had many many fun and bad mushroom trips.....ive done low dose to a quarter of dried really good shrooms that sent me to a new world......this weekend this dry ass town is about to pick up sum lsd......ive read about all there is to read about acid but these 2 psyches are really similiar in their descriptions on most sites ive read about except for length.......im usually a beer drinker occasional mdma consumer but i have thiz friday night planned out very well to trip on 2 paper hits of lsd.....again ive done shrooms before so i think im prepared enough...but again if im not im also at a safe place with sum experienced trippers....so what im wondering is how would you all describe the difference between a mushroom trip and an acid trip and what does everyone like the best?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its kinda dumb comparing acid to shrooms. Its like comparing chocolate and strawberry ice cream. Both basically do the same thing to you, one may be more visual than the other, but the other lasts longer and has a cooler mind fuck. its all subjective. Personally I like acid better, it gives more bang for the buck and you dont have to wrench your gut to eat it.

dude if you like doing shrooms then you are gonna fucken love acid. in my opinion acid is wayyyyyy more fun than shrooms are it makes you feel way more energetic your mind fuck is gonna be way more crazy and i'm sure you will enjoy watching everything around you melt and morph into other objects

Acid FOR SURE, man if u wanna have more visuals, hallucinations, feel energetic then try LSD, in my opinion LSD is better than -shrooms.
I recommend you to take the acid in an open place, the sky is the FUCK when u r tripping, i've tried lot of times LSD and i have tripped AMAZING with the sky(clouds, stars, moon)-----> WUAAAAAAAAAAAAA ;Þ u really feel that u r drugged; i tried Hoffman and MichelAngels acids most of the times and they r fuckin' great!
I like -shrooms, E, weed, etc, but if u really wanna feel shake it, LSD is the solution :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LSD@Costa Rica
Mushrooms

just try it, you'll probably like it if you like tripping on mushrooms. Personally I like mushrooms better, I think in the long run you can trip more mushrooms than LSD. Just my personal preference though. LSD and mushrooms are seriously extremely hard to compare. Imagine this, what if someone came up to you, knowing you had tried both ecstasy (im assuming here) and mushrooms and asked you to compare them. You couldn't. Now, this is how your LSD to mushrooms question looked to those who have tried both. It's hard to exactly describe a drugs effects. Like for me, a negative I experience on mushrooms is I do not like how my face "feels". On LSD I do not get this, but I get a little muscle tension that I do not on mushrooms. It's just a different drug.

That's taken from a cocaine and heroin quote. And both drugs (lsd and shrooms) make you ego-less.

"er dah Acid fun acid fun acid way fun".......I so hope one of you have a bad tripp, then you really see how fun ACID is, DAMN IT! Treat this Drug with Respect!

For me, acid seems like more of a drug. When I eat shrooms, I usually get a stomach ache and sometimes throw up. It feels like I have mild food poisoning, and the trip is usually more spiritual. The only way for me to really describe acid is "its a fuckin trip man".
peace

I don't agree with acid_raver that comparing mushrooms and LSD is like comparing mushrooms to MDMA. I think mushrooms and LSD are more similar than that, but the difference is bigger than MDMA and MDA or MDEA. Mushrooms visuals seem to be a bit more organic and sloppy to me. Acid's visuals are sharper and seem to be more alien to me. The mental effect is definitely different too. They both give you that "superman feeling" (as a friend of mine calls it) where you feel like you can do anything, but mushrooms seem to be a little bit more friendly and forgiving, easier to get out of a bad trip. Acid has two settings for me: wonderful or evil. I'm either philosophising (sp?) about everything and noticing all these weird things I never did before or I'm hiding from demon boys and wondering why everyone I don't know has purple bumps all over their faces and my friends have long noses and look like weasels. Both can be fun, but if the evil state progresses too far it can be kind of scary. You can end up wishing for it to end and not being able to think about anything else. This my own experiences though, and I've done mushrooms only five or six times and acid probably 40-50 times, so perhaps I'm just able to be more objective about it's effects because of greater experience. Anyways, good luck, have fun, and be safe (it's OK to *think* "I could probably open this car door and jump out and be perfectly safe." just don't be like me and actually *do it*!)
-ikarus

im just saying its not fair to either drugs to be comparing them, its disrespecting both, much as it would be disrespecting both MDMA and psilocybin if you compared them. I wasn't saying MDMA and psilocybin were a more apropriate comparison, I was saying they were just as bad a comparison. Maybe I was unclear.

Originally posted by K9Unit:
"er dah Acid fun acid fun acid way fun".......I so hope one of you have a bad tripp, then you really see how fun ACID is, DAMN IT! Treat this Drug with Respect!
"er dah acid is spiritual i da meet da gawd. daaah"
what are you talking about, acid IS fun!

Those wasn't fightin' words acidraver! I was just trying to say mushrooms are more like LSD than MDMA, or something like that, oh well.
And what's this with respecting drugs?? I can respect people, ideas, places, and such, but that seems odd. I like drugs and I do recognize that some of them are not to be taken lightly, but the notion of respecting a chemical seems strange to me. Maybe recognizing a drug's power is respecting it, I dunno.
-ikarus

Duration aside, in my experience, comparing acid to shrooms is like apples and ...apples. They have very different body-highs, and I think I like shroom's better. For me, the acid body high is kind of hollow and nervous...more "speedy" although it's not really like speed. The shroom's body high is more warpy and dizzy. Letsee...shroom's visuals are more rounded and organic. That's it! They both have similar sensory effects in other respects and have the same head-trip. YMMV!!
Ebola
np: Skinny Puppy

SHROOMS...SHROOMS ARE BETTTER, acid has way too much mind fuck and doesn't feel as natural, it is fun, but i appreciate shrooms much much more; they're from the aliens i'm telling you. My shroom experiences have been way more intense than acid; acid feels like a drug, shrooms feel like a tool...just my thoughts

SHROOMS...SHROOMS ARE BETTTER, acid has way too much mind fuck and doesn't feel as natural, it is fun, but i appreciate shrooms much much more; they're from the aliens i'm telling you. My shroom experiences have been way more intense than acid; acid feels like a drug, shrooms feel like a tool...just my thoughts

Splat, what are you talking about? never did I say you meet god on acid, I know I never have, all I mean is, dont go treating LSD, like you would Weed, or Alchy, Theres a high chance that an uprepared user, will have a horrfic tripp, because he chose to dwelve in the world of lsd expecting it to be just that "fun".

i prefer acid...straight up frying balls is mindblowing. also word to the stomach wrenching, i hate the taste of mushrooms. with acid you put some paper/liquid/etc on your tongue and thats it. acid is more ...spiritual for me, i cant even describe in words what acid feels like to me, but it feels fucking good. oh yeah, what the fuck happened to the acid supply in texas? used to be pretty easy to find, now i never ever see any acid anywhere (not even parties).

In my opinion, shrooms are a much more encompassing experience than LSD. I've used LSD on about 175 seperate occassions and even the best acid cannot touch mushrooms. A weak batch or low dose of mushrooms is pretty comparable to acid. But if you get really potent ones, the experience is on a completely higher level than you could ever get from LSD no matter the quality or how much acid you did.
Acid simply works as a hallucinogen. You trip. That's it. Not that acid is bad by any means. And you can have some cosmic experiences.. but shrooms are just so much more.
Mushrooms on the other hand not only make you hallucinate, but they do some other stuff. Good shrooms give an amazing body high far better than ecstasy. It changes through out the trip. At times you feel speedy, then other times you feel like you're on heroin. It does something that gives you a very cosmic sense of what time is. And they make you feel very connected to nature and the earth. They're far better as a tool to understanding the oneness and solidarity of the universe. They provide more insight and answers to the origins. Although I understand science, I still can't shake this feeling that mushrooms have some sort of magical connection to the spirit world, that really when you eat them that you're not just tripping on mushrooms, rather the spirits are possessing you, using your body as a host, hijacking your brain and showing you the world through their eyes. You can get some of this stuff from acid, but not nearly on the level you can on really good shrooms.
One major advantage to acid, however, is that I think the audio hallucinations are superior. I can't tolerate acid anymore, but if I wanted to just party and listen to music, acid would be the way I would go. Shrooms I will still use, though. I look at shrooms as a deep spiritual experience, not just a fun time.